JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, but OP referred to the department changing from one gun in 9mm to another in .40. My point being .40, in my experience, is quite a change from 9mm. SNAPPY!!

Yeah, but that wasn't what "I" was writing about. Not to be too grumpy, I shot a Tanfolglo Witness in .40 at first when I shot USPSA. It made major power factor whereas the 9mm only made minor power factor, and I changed to .45 because I didn't like the "pulse" of the .40 recoil. (I'm a wuss). I also didn't like the DA/SA trigger.

Reacher I agree with you. I need to go back and do this with 124 gr and some +p. Also need to try actual big boy ammo that someone would shoot in a situation. I think I will do that and then see what happens. I have heard that Sigs like 124 gr. Hear that Glock43x and Sig P365 like +P. We will see. Believe me I don't want to be a Glock fan boy, but my Glock 45 is being very nice to me.
I don't know if it's just me but, in my full size guns I can't see a difference in how I shoot with the good stuff compared to the cheap stuff. In my 9s I can sure hear it when I shoot 124+P but can't really feel it and grouping seems the same. Wife who is VERY recoil sensitive can easily shoot the good stuff. She can and will shoot a couple full size 9s. I have without her knowing slipped in some hot stuff in the same mag a few times and she did not even know. Now in my ultra compact 9 I still use it's very noticeable. When I shoot the short barrel 124+P in that thing I can feel it very much. Since I seem to see no difference I seldom put much of the pricey stuff down range any more. Can't see wasting the money. Now of course others may not have the same experience. Saw a great video on a place up here who makes "good" ammo at a price close to bulk. The idea being you can practice with what you carry. I want to try some but every time I look they are out of stock so have not been able to see how it works for me.

G45 shot the tightest groups eh? Who'da thunk it?

I love mine, it's like American Express..........;)

More evidence that small guns are tough for big hands (comparatively). My question is up to a point, for small hands, is the larger grip/larger gun still easier to be accurate with due to better leverage? I'm considering a G45 is why I am interested.

Small guns are tougher to shoot well. Besides hand size, recoil and sight radius are worse. I gave up on them a while ago.

Dude, buy a G45. You know you want to. :D

More evidence that small guns are tough for big hands (comparatively). My question is up to a point, for small hands, is the larger grip/larger gun still easier to be accurate with due to better leverage? I'm considering a G45 is why I am interested.

For seriously small hands, you will find that if you get the web between your thumb and forefinger directly behind and in line with the slide, the leaf in the Safe Action trigger can be hard to activate. (That has really screwed some of my IDPA times.) Also, in that position the trigger finger doesn't have the center of the finger's pad on the trigger. I'm told that is the reason why I shoot left all the time. <dang>

Not be a wet blanket but I wouldn't take this data too far. It seems the best way to characterize it is to say that it is how a set of handguns shot one specific load. This is different than comparing the inherent accuracy of the guns. For the latter challenge, each gun would have to be shot with a load it shoots best (or better yet tuned for that particular firearm). In that scenario, group size would be very interesting.

Not be a wet blanket but I wouldn't take this data too far. It seems the best way to characterize it is to say that it is how a set of handguns shot one specific load. This is different than comparing the inherent accuracy of the guns. For the latter challenge, each gun would have to be shot with a load it shoots best (or better yet tuned for that particular firearm). In that scenario, group size would be very interesting.
You said "shoot" and "load" in the same sentence. Made my day better. I agree with you. Too many variables for my experiment to even have a hypothesis. I would like to try different people on same guns with same load. Then change loads. Etc.

You said "shoot" and "load" in the same sentence. Made my day better. I agree with you. Too many variables for my experiment to even have a hypothesis. I would like to try different people on same guns with same load. Then change loads. Etc.

It would take some bucks but it would be interesting to assemble an array of 10 commercial loads :) and then do test groups of each load with each gun (I'd like to to see ten shot groups, but no less than 5). Then do the same test with other shooters. That would provide some solid information.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top