JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend and I conducted a non scientific experiment to see what tumbling our balls for an hour or 2, (gasp) to see if it would even out the spherical shape. We concluded that it really didn't improve the shape enough to warrant the extra hassle. The first batch I forgot and left them running for 12 hours, really deformed them, apparently they stayed in one place in the Hex shaped can and so they got beaten into tear drops and some looked like someone had taken 3 strong fingers and pinched them. They returned to the melting pot to be recast! Total fail!
Gabby

I've seen guys run their balls over a rasp to give 'em "dimples" like a golf ball ... seem like a lot of work for little or no gain.
Best shooting I have done has always been after finding the right ball , patch and powder charge combination that the rifle or trade gun likes.

As to when a bag is a bag ... I think it is more a matter of where.
Where I grew up it was a sack , my relatives in Tennessee and Kentucky called it a poke and my northern family called it a bag ... LOL :confused:
Andy

Bag Contents.jpg
Another shot of what goes into a bag.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany