JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting if you do a Google image search for Izee, Oregon that's the first image that comes up.it is also the photo at the top of the Friends of Izee Facebook page.

Interesting if you do a Google image search for Izee, Oregon that's the first image that comes up.it is also the photo at the top of the Friends of Izee Facebook page.
I believe those might be the houses from the old Ellingson Lumber Company mill. If I remember correctly they were taken out in the mid to late '60's after the Keerin's ranch bought that piece of ground.

That ain't Izee. I don't know where it is, but I never saw anything like that in all the years I was out there.

Maybe your thinking of the old Ellis mill just up the road to dayville??? It's been gone since at least 1990.
Definitely not Dayville. The town of Izee was located here:

That photo looks similar to the print I had, but mine was black and white, and from a different angle.

Definitely not Dayville. The town of Izee was located here:

That photo looks similar to the print I had, but mine was black and white, and from a different angle.
I started spending a lot of time out there about '74 and the only things that I ever saw at the site your map shows were the old schoolhouse and the Grange Hall.

I started spending a lot of time out there about '74 and the only things that I ever saw at the site your map shows were the old schoolhouse and the Grange Hall.
As I mentioned in post 13, the town history I saw said the buildings were dismantled and the materials shipped elsewhere (Albany I think) for sale. I'm not sure when but probably prior to '74. Wikipedia says the post office closed in 1954.

ETA: Interestingly, the location was still marked on the state highway map as late as 2019, the most recent one I've seen.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR