JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My best friend's family owned and managed a couple of the ranches out there where the squirrel shoot was held. I used to go out and help during the shoot and also during deer and elk season when they'd run a guide service. Pete Kershaw of Kershaw Knives used to come out and hunt with us. Great guy!
It was interesting to me watching those fellas dressed in their mountain man garb shooting and collecting the ground squirrels trying to win first prize. Good times, for sure!
I heard a bit about the sheep shootin' from his grandpa. Rough folks!

The ranch house on the corner when you turn south to burns has been izee ranch as long as I've been going there. Officers was next then rickmans. Rickmans is now Taurus ranch. As far a izee being a town that must have been before my time.

As far a izee being a town that must have been before my time.
There was a logging community there at one time. Wikipedia says the post office operated until 1954. I had a numbered print of the view down main street which I found in a thrift store somewhere. According to a short history of the town which was pasted to the back, the houses were dismantled for building materials, which as I recall were shipped to Albany. The print hung on the wall of my BOL until some arsehole broke in and stole it from me in 2018. Sic transit gloria mund.

Last Edited:
The ranch house on the corner when you turn south to burns has been izee ranch as long as I've been going there. Officers was next then rickmans. Rickmans is now Taurus ranch. As far a izee being a town that must have been before my time.
Sounds like you knew it pretty well, North Plains! I believe some of the best times of my life were spent right there on Officer's place.

Are you confusing that with Kinzua in Wheeler County?

-E-
Nope the company owned town of Izee all the buildings were barn red and about 20 years ago I heard the owned bulldozed the whole place as he was tired of chasing hippies out.

That ain't Izee. I don't know where it is, but I never saw anything like that in all the years I was out there.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews