JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We do not know everything the police knew at this point. This guy could be a known gang member or affiliate, could have a history, police could have known who he was and that he was not licenced to carry - more details will emerge as the investigation comes out. But the shoot was 100% righteous. He went for his gun, surrounded by police. That is terminal retardation right there.

People keep calling him a criminal... Soo, what was the crime this person committed? From what I read he was stopped because of a "bulge in his waistband". It sounds like he had an FOID card, not necessarily a license to carry, but the police didn't know that when they stopped him.

As responsible gun owners aren't we trying to destigmatize gun ownership? If we cheer the fact that a man is stopped by the police only because he is printing... is that really what we want?

A few screen grabs from a very outspoken 2A supporter to stir the pot :s0149:

View attachment 478830
View attachment 478829

I called it.

That is a great point, anyone of us could have a bulge on our hip. Should a cop be able to grab you without you committing a crime. I understand them asking to see my CC card, as the law says they have the right. But should they be able to grab me if I have not done anything wrong?
All of that is besides the point. The guy could have argued that after clearing things up with the cops. You don't pull your gun on cops and not expect to get shot.

People keep calling him a criminal... Soo, what was the crime this person committed? From what I read he was stopped because of a "bulge in his waistband". It sounds like he had an FOID card, not necessarily a license to carry, but the police didn't know that when they stopped him.

As responsible gun owners aren't we trying to destigmatize gun ownership? If we cheer the fact that a man is stopped by the police only because he is printing... is that really what we want?

A few screen grabs from a very outspoken 2A supporter to stir the pot :s0149:

View attachment 478830
View attachment 478829

Fact remains that, at this time, we don't know why he was stopped. We also don't know what actually happened up to the point the video starts. The person you grabbed the screenshot of, may or may not actually have the real accounting of the events. Remember when the "gentle giant" was said, by multiple witnesses to be walking and saying "Hands up, don't shoot!" - that turned out to be complete BS once the real story came out. I don't know why this guy was stopped or why that officer grabbed for his arm. That will come out in time.

That said, no, I don't agree that someone who is suspected of carrying, is justification alone to stop someone on the street. I would fight that in court as they would really be in violation of my rights at that point, unless they can make a compelling case that I was a suspect in some sort of crime. But as many of us have said in other threads, don't fight the cops. There are more of them, and you're likely to lose, in this case, your life. Certainly don't draw your damn gun on them - over what? A possible bad stop? Is that worth losing your life? Or taking the life of an officer? Let them arrest you. Then destroy them in court when it comes out they didn't have the right to stop, detain or arrest you. That's what the courts are for. And yes, I do realize the courts don't always go your way, especially in corrupt places like Chicago. Still, I'd rather be in a position to fight them in court than be dead on the street.

Was he a criminal? I don't know, but when he moved to draw that gun on the police, he pretty much made himself one, whether he felt he was justified or not. That second quote you posted refers to "unlawful arrest". Well who decides that? Again, we don't know the full story here - maybe the officers were justified - in which case his attempt to flee and to shoot the officers, is a felony.

As with so many other events, I tend to prefer to reserve judgment until the facts are out. And if the LE's crossed the line, I expect them to be charged and punished for it, to the full extent of the law. If not, then I expect them to be exonerated.

Maybe he was a Second Amendment absolutist

2Apermit.jpg

who was channeling Charlton Heston

from-my-cold-kljdnt.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany