JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@EPS I wasn't saying that you would do those things. My point was that if a teacher told my kid to do something that would put them in harms way and could possibly get them hurt or even worse killed. That damn teacher better sure as hell leave the country because I would hunt there azz down. Plain and simple.

If I was a teacher I would do everything I could to make sure they got home safe and wouldn't have to think about defending themselves. Sh!t they shouldn't even have to think about something like this happening IMHO. Teachers have a hard enough job to teach some of these arrogant kids let alone worry about shooters.

To fight , hide , run etc ... It all depends on the situation at hand.
No one answer , solution , or tactic will work for every emergency.
Having just one plan for just one situation is a losing proposition.
Experiencing combat first hand , I know for a fact that the enemy rarely does what you planned for or want him to do at most times ....I wouldn't count on him playing to your plan.
Your plan must be allowable for some flexible thinking and willingness to adapt to what is happening now ... not stuck on what you planned for.
Andy

As part of that, I do wish schools allowed those teachers that are willing to, and perhaps, if necessary, receive additional training for, carrying while on campus. It would at least provide one more option should the other options, such as running/hiding, doesn't work. I would hope that, should a group be cornered with no other out, that a weapon in proper hands could be available.

Well theye said it was a staff member that stopped him so I assume it was teacher but it turns out the latest is it was a staff member but it was the janitor

Any one else over 40 thinking the janitor from THE BREAKFAST CLUB LOL I know everything you kids are thinking I read your notes I know what's in your locker 's lol I KNOW EVERYTHING

And the one that died was the one trying to talk him down. On one hand a hero. On the other a perfect symbol of the liberal use your words idiot.
That guy who is in a wheel chair now did this here a long time back when that kook shot up the Tacoma Mall. Walked up and tried to take the rifle away from the kid since he could not bring himself to shoot the idiot. Kid gave him a belly full of 7.62 for his efforts.

The interview I saw on the news with a girl that was right there I can't tell if she was smiling because she was shell shocked or she was smiling because she was on the news mmmmmm

That is kind of normal under a stress situation. There are a lot of emotions wanting to get out and for some reasons under stress humans tend to laugh or smile. Weird but true.

@EPS I wasn't saying that you would do those things. My point was that if a teacher told my kid to do something that would put them in harms way and could possibly get them hurt or even worse killed. That damn teacher better sure as hell leave the country because I would hunt there azz down. Plain and simple.

So if the shooter walked into the room and popped the teacher straight away, would you rather the teacher had told the kids to arm themselves and be ready to fight for their lives, or hide in a corner and hope they aren't seen? Or, are you envisioning a scenario where that could never happen (illogical)?

Honest question, I don't have kids.

So if the shooter walked into the room and popped the teacher straight away, would you rather the teacher had told the kids to arm themselves and be ready to fight for their lives, or hide in a corner and hope they aren't seen? Or, are you envisioning a scenario where that could never happen (illogical)?

Honest question, I don't have kids.

Going into more depth. A lot would depend on the situation and the class room. Is there two doors do you know where the shooter is at in the building? My whole point is there are things that you do and don't do. Would I want my students to fight for there lives if I was dead and they were up against a wall, HE!! YES. I would do everything in my power in a situation like that to make sure they are safe and wouldn't have to deal with it and still make it home to my family at the same time.

Follow up

Caution - probable NSFW in the sidebar - The Sun pixelates nipples, but looks like nude on many screens.

Breaking Bad-obsessed 'gunman, 15, who fantasised about school massacres killed classmate and injured three girls after posting dry-run shootings on YouTube'

Caleb Sharpe, 15, is accused of shooting dead one student and injuring three others at Freeman High School in Rockford in Washington yesterday.

gunman2.jpg

I did 'dry runs' against 'bad guys' in my backyard with toy guns when I was... oh wait, seven.

Although today, with airsoft and Call of Duty, it doesn't seem like a red flag. He might have just wanted to grow up to be an armchair operator.

I know this area and I also know there are people on this site that live there
That would be me, for one. Our daughter went to that high school (graduated in '03). It's rural but still close to town. It was a fairly tight community when the Kid went there.

Sounds like an angry loser took things out on his classmates. I feel bad for the parents of the kid who was killed trying to talk to the shooter (bad idea, by the way).

The local radio stations seem to think this is our 9/11 as they've been running 100% coverage since yesterday even though the facts of the story will only fill, at best, 5 minutes of air time. It's all feelings and fear and hardly any facts, so I've been listening to music and avoiding media.

Could be the final nail on the coffin for the new Assault Weapon Ban legislation that Inslee is advocating to be passed here in Washington. I am monitoring it closely. WIth the Democratic take over of WA state government, I think they are just itching for all these encounters as a means to ban and even confiscate guns here in Washington state.
Not that facts will ever get in the way, but in this case it appears the shooter had 2 handguns, not AR's.

Follow up

Caution - probable NSFW in the sidebar - The Sun pixelates nipples, but looks like nude on many screens.

Breaking Bad-obsessed 'gunman, 15, who fantasised about school massacres killed classmate and injured three girls after posting dry-run shootings on YouTube'

Caleb Sharpe, 15, is accused of shooting dead one student and injuring three others at Freeman High School in Rockford in Washington yesterday.

View attachment 391231

smh, kid looks like a damn lesbian. Wish these types would just shoot themselves if they want to kill so badly

Follow up

Thanks for the heads up. I am so there.

It was a teacher who stopped him all the kids just laid on the ground in the hallway as he walked shooting who he wanted just reported on the news

Than the news is full of bubblegum, when scumbag's first weapon malfunctioned a student attempted to intervene and became the single fatality in this shooting when scumbag pull a second weapon, he was then stopped by a janitor not a teacher.

The interview I saw on the news with a girl that was right there I can't tell if she was smiling because she was shell shocked or she was smiling because she was on the news mmmmmm
I wouldn't take that to heart. Kids aren't thinking what proper. Probably shy, normally.

Than the news is full of bubblegum, when scumbag's first weapon malfunctioned a student attempted to intervene and became the single fatality in this shooting when scumbag pull a second weapon, he was then stopped by a janitor not a teacher.

The person he killed was his best friend:

The dead victim was reportedly the best friend of Caleb, according to the below WFAA-TV report about Sharpe. That person may have confronted Caleb when Sharpe's gun jammed, but Sharpe had another gun with him. Sharpe fired at his friend and then fired three additional shots down a hallway of the high school, which injured three other people. Those three people are in stable condition.

Caleb Sharpe: Alleged 15-Year-Old Shooter's Worrying Facebook, 'Walrus Meat' Instagram, 'Mongo Walker' YouTube

We need to put armed guards in our schools. Let the politicians pay for their own golf vacations like every other working class Joe. The safety of our childen is worth more than some poor politician's golf game.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews