JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Surprisingly, it's not even on CNN's front page yet - you'd think they'd be losing their minds over another school shooting - they love covering that stuff - especially if they can spin it against Trump.

What do you mean how long they already on it if you have a facebook or something conecthion to a media site read the reply 's before the first ambulance got there they where screaming gun control

guns-dont-kill-people-bat-bubblegum-crazy-liberal-democrats-do-23251327.png

I'm going to hold my tongue on this one till all the facts are in I know this area and I also know there are people on this site that live there

Could be the final nail on the coffin for the new Assault Weapon Ban legislation that Inslee is advocating to be passed here in Washington. I am monitoring it closely. WIth the Democratic take over of WA state government, I think they are just itching for all these encounters as a means to ban and even confiscate guns here in Washington state.

Washington is the most anti-gun and pro-gun state mixed together. But, even the once conservative bastion of Spokane last election voted to strip away our gun rights with I-594.

Things are looking bleak here in the Evergreen state.

Anyone have a link to more up to date info on this? I've tried googling it and I'm not having good luck finding much.
There is not much coming out right now except lots of media B.S. for one thing the news was saying that all the schools were on lock down and they named MEAD HIGHSCHOOL witch is on the other side of Spokane from this highschool so I'm sure that put lots of parent 's in a panic that didn't need to be

Maybe the system needs to be tightened up a touch? And maybe hire a counselor that pays attention to a HUGE
red flag? Looks like this one could have been prevented----

"l Harper, 15, a sophomore at the school, told The Associated Press that the suspect was a classmate who had long been obsessed with past school shootings.

Harper said the suspect had brought notes to Freeman High in the beginning of the year, saying he might get killed or jailed and that some students alerted counselors."

Maybe the system needs to be tightened up a touch? And maybe hire a counselor that pays attention to a HUGE
red flag? Looks like this one could have been prevented----

"l Harper, 15, a sophomore at the school, told The Associated Press that the suspect was a classmate who had long been obsessed with past school shootings.

Harper said the suspect had brought notes to Freeman High in the beginning of the year, saying he might get killed or jailed and that some students alerted counselors."
Gee its almost like the school officals had some kind of warnings about this. I remember when I was in high school (Graduated in 2012 so the school shooting thing was already well known of) I had a classmate who was very easily identifiable as "Not right in the head" get kicked out of school for his obsession with bombs. Everyone had a bad feeling about the way this kid acted even before he got expelled.

It is a Misdemeanor to carry a gun onto a high school campus in Washington state. It is heart-breaking, but making the school a "Gun Free Zone" did very little to prevent this massacre. 9-1-1, as always, proved to be inefficient in saving the lives of our children.

Gee its almost like the school officals had some kind of warnings about this. I remember when I was in high school (Graduated in 2012 so the school shooting thing was already well known of) I had a classmate who was very easily identifiable as "Not right in the head" get kicked out of school for his obsession with bombs. Everyone had a bad feeling about the way this kid acted even before he got expelled.

For better or worse, I find people do not take people's threats too seriously , as so many people make them but never carry out what they say. Most people usually even find such threats to be humorous, rather than intimidating. Our society, basically is a bit complacent and also it seems that most people think such horrible catastrophes can never happen to them or by anyone they know. Indeed, these events are for the most part rare, but I do believe as a whole we should be more vigilant and take more time to help people we feel are having troubles in their life, unhappy or being threatening, rather than chastise them, mock them and condemn them which is the more typical response that people will give to people like this. Sadly, as we can see, this cycle of behavior results in these unfortunate events we see, such as school shootings.

Last Edited:
Reading headlines like this , really get to me... Always makes me think : "What if?..."
Just hope I do my best if it does happen.
Andy
Well Andy if I had kids that went to your school I have no doubt you would step up and do what you could having met you and reading your post

Thanks EPS!
I will do what it takes to get my students home safe.
I still wonder all the "What ifs" ... but I could easily What If ? myself to death....
I hate thinking like the Infantryman / Ranger that I was ... but in days like these , you gotta do what you got to do.
Andy
Well Andy if I had kids that went to your school I have no doubt you would step up and do what you could having met you and reading your post

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews