JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure you can undo years of training that fast. There seems to be a common thread in the mass shootings at schools. A few, very few, will try to fight. The vast majority will cower in a corner and wait for their turn to be shot. That kook who chained the doors at that College killed a teacher who tried to stop him at the door to a classroom while all the adults in the room sat in the corner waiting their turn to be shot. Really sad when this happens.
Well I tell my nephew and my niece to fight I don't know what you tell your kids or other family members but I tell them just like I said above RUN HIDE AND BE PREPARED TO FIGHT AND WHEN THE TIME COMES TO FIGHT YOU FIGHT TILL YOU OR THEM CAN'T FIGHT ANY MORE

[ATT stupid talk.jpg 7625.gif

Well didn't really comment on this school shooting just school shooting 's in general except the one about someone decided real fast they where going to fight COME ON MAN YOU KNOW I CAN'T HOLD MY TONGUE

My wife teaches middle school learning disabilities and nowadays all schools have active shooter drills when classes are locked down, lights off, all phones off, and all kids have to be absolutely quiet.

In the meantime there are coded messages over the intercom so teachers know what is going on.

It's a pretty scary situation when the police are running through the halls with dogs, yelling and clearing rooms. Anyone in a hall or a room with a weapon is a take down target. That is why most schools are gun free zones.

Kinds makes the duck and cover stuff in days gone by seem kinda tame, don't it?

As far as people using this shooting to call for gun control no worries. If Newtown didn't get anything done in that regard, nothing will. Sure the usual subjects will do a little squawking but the nation is numbed to gun violence and will forget about this is half a day, so quit being Chicken Littles.

It was a teacher who stopped him all the kids just laid on the ground in the hallway as he walked shooting who he wanted just reported on the news

Call me crazy or call me what you want but if you have kids grand kids niece nephew or what ever the way things are these day you have to talk to them and tell them when the time comes you have to FIGHT this B.S. P.C. CRAP is insane kids laying down in a hallway not willing to fight is crazy makes me sick none of these kids decided to fight

But I bet they all had there god dam phone out camera running or calling there mommy or 911 we all know when seconds count help is minutes away s0013.gif

It was a teacher who stopped him all the kids just laid on the ground in the hallway as he walked shooting who he wanted just reported on the news

While I still take EVERYTHING the news says with salt, this would not surprise me at all. This is sadly how it so often goes. People just freeze. Either fight if cornered or run like hell. Sadly most will just stand there and wait to be shot. It's sad and amazing at the same time.
Long ago Large hotel I worked for. Club next door had a LOT of problems. One night 100+ people in parking lot at around 4am. Two shooters start in. It was raining and I was in a parking lot maybe 25 yards away. I was on the ground behind cars on phone with 911. Two women who were part of the crowd see me and run to me. Say SOMEONE IS SHOOING OVER THERE!!. I yelled at them WTF do you think i'm on the ground for in the rain, get your damn heads down behind these cars. They were standing there with their backs to the shooters. This is sadly the norm.

I'm more saddened art the fact that today's children have come to this.

We have failed them the most.

Blame whatever, or whoever, we failed.

The interview I saw on the news with a girl that was right there I can't tell if she was smiling because she was shell shocked or she was smiling because she was on the news mmmmmm

To fight , hide , run etc ... It all depends on the situation at hand.
No one answer , solution , or tactic will work for every emergency.
Having just one plan for just one situation is a losing proposition.
Experiencing combat first hand , I know for a fact that the enemy rarely does what you planned for or want him to do at most times ....I wouldn't count on him playing to your plan.
Your plan must be allowable for some flexible thinking and willingness to adapt to what is happening now ... not stuck on what you planned for.
Andy

To fight , hide , run etc ... It all depends on the situation at hand.
No one answer , solution , or tactic will work for every emergency.
Having just one plan for just one situation is a losing proposition.
Experiencing combat first hand , I know for a fact that the enemy rarely does what you planned for or want him to do at most times ....I wouldn't count on him playing to your plan.
Your plan must be allowable for some flexible thinking and willingness to adapt to what is happening now ... not stuck on what you planned for.
Andy

I have NO problem with people being "fluid" to the situation. What I for the life of me will never understand is the lay on the floor, or sit in a corner and wait to be shot like sheep. If I can run, run I will, If I am cornered and have to hide, I will be looking for anything I can lay hands on to fight if they come through the door. Most just do nothing. Or do like those 2 women who saw me in uniform so they run up to tell me as if I could not see and hear what was happening. While they stand there with back to active shooters.

I have NO problem with people being "fluid" to the situation. What I for the life of me will never understand is the lay on the floor, or sit in a corner and wait to be shot like sheep. If I can run, run I will, If I am cornered and have to hide, I will be looking for anything I can lay hands on to fight if they come through the door. Most just do nothing. Or do like those 2 women who saw me in uniform so they run up to tell me as if I could not see and hear what was happening. While they stand there with back to active shooters.
I agree like I said before and what I tell my nephew and niece run hide but be prepared to fight and when you have to fight YOU FIGHT

Some folks will freeze up in a fight... I know that if I am honest with myself , that thought has crossed my mind during a firefight or three....
I did not however and I would like to think that I would not freeze up if I am put into that situation again.

Why we do the things we do in a emergency can be a mystery.
Training can only carry you so far... You must have the will to win and survive.
I don't feel like losing yet and I'm damn sure ain't ready to die , but I am willing to make sure my students get home safe....So I guess I will keep on doing what I do and how I do it.
Andy

Some folks will freeze up in a fight... I know that if I am honest with myself that , that thought has crossed my mind during a firefight or three....
I did not however and I would like to think that I would not freeze up if I am put into that situation again.

Why we do the things we do in a emergency can be a mystery.
Training can only carry you so far... You must have the will to win and survive.
I don't feel like losing yet and I'm damn sure ain't ready to die , but I am willing to make sure my students get home safe....So I guess I will keep on doing what I do and how I do it.
Andy
And that's why we love you Andy old guns and all

my oldest son(the 2nd is still in mama's belly) started pre school yesterday. not a second goes by that i dont think "what if"

all i know is that if by reason i got tipped off that something was gonna happen the person had better kill them self or the cops get to them first

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top