JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i received a long gun this last wk., and it was shipped direct to me from another part of the state
the shipper told me he checked w/his "FFL" , and that he could ship a long gun himself (to himself)
ie; to- so & so "%" of so & so= my address
just thought id ask some of you "FFL's" out there ( my ffl/gun guru guy) has moved out of town.....i still have another "FFL" i work with, but she said she would have to check on the matter >

thanks.....steven

It is legal to ship a long gun intrastate without going through a FFL. BUT you must be able to prove they are a resident of same state and can legally posses a firearm. It is legal to ship a long gun to "yourself" interstate. I hunt with my family in Maine and always ship my rifle there and back because it is easier then trying to fly with it.

"angler & sicario" thanks for the input !! at first i took a double take on the matter, and i looked into "atf" rulings . (which is hard to figure out at times) then again re-reading laws, and having you two confirm it !!!!!!

thanks again......steven

Heck---you can ship a long gun intrastate to another person (not a FFL) via USPS. Shipped a shotgun to a buyer on the eastside
and the local postmaster even provided the box!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews