JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i received a long gun this last wk., and it was shipped direct to me from another part of the state
the shipper told me he checked w/his "FFL" , and that he could ship a long gun himself (to himself)
ie; to- so & so "%" of so & so= my address
just thought id ask some of you "FFL's" out there ( my ffl/gun guru guy) has moved out of town.....i still have another "FFL" i work with, but she said she would have to check on the matter >

thanks.....steven

It is legal to ship a long gun intrastate without going through a FFL. BUT you must be able to prove they are a resident of same state and can legally posses a firearm. It is legal to ship a long gun to "yourself" interstate. I hunt with my family in Maine and always ship my rifle there and back because it is easier then trying to fly with it.

"angler & sicario" thanks for the input !! at first i took a double take on the matter, and i looked into "atf" rulings . (which is hard to figure out at times) then again re-reading laws, and having you two confirm it !!!!!!

thanks again......steven

Heck---you can ship a long gun intrastate to another person (not a FFL) via USPS. Shipped a shotgun to a buyer on the eastside
and the local postmaster even provided the box!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top