Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

shipping long guns inside the state (OR)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by rusobr2, May 12, 2012.

1. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i received a long gun this last wk., and it was shipped direct to me from another part of the state
    the shipper told me he checked w/his "FFL" , and that he could ship a long gun himself (to himself)
    ie; to- so & so "%" of so & so= my address
    just thought id ask some of you "FFL's" out there ( my ffl/gun guru guy) has moved out of town.....i still have another "FFL" i work with, but she said she would have to check on the matter >

thanks.....steven

2. Angler

Angler North Bend, OR Active Member

It is legal to ship a long gun intrastate without going through a FFL. BUT you must be able to prove they are a resident of same state and can legally posses a firearm. It is legal to ship a long gun to "yourself" interstate. I hunt with my family in Maine and always ship my rifle there and back because it is easier then trying to fly with it.

rusobr2 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. SICARIO

SICARIO Oregon City Active Member

rusobr2 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

"angler & sicario" thanks for the input !! at first i took a double take on the matter, and i looked into "atf" rulings . (which is hard to figure out at times) then again re-reading laws, and having you two confirm it !!!!!!

thanks again......steven

5. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Heck---you can ship a long gun intrastate to another person (not a FFL) via USPS. Shipped a shotgun to a buyer on the eastside
    and the local postmaster even provided the box!