JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOVE iced coffee, but only if cold brewed. I'll brew up a batch from time to time and make up enough for several days worth.

My sister's boyfriend is half-Vietnamese - he learned how to make a Vietnamese iced coffee from his mother - basically you brew the coffee right over a tall glass with ice using a special metal filter. When it's done brewing, you add condensed sweetened milk. Oh man, it's like drinking candy - so good. Just a tad too sweet for my taste, so not something I would do but once in a blue moon.

LOVE iced coffee, but only if cold brewed. I'll brew up a batch from time to time and make up enough for several days worth.

My sister's boyfriend is half-Vietnamese - he learned how to make a Vietnamese iced coffee from his mother - basically you brew the coffee right over a tall glass with ice using a special metal filter. When it's done brewing, you add condensed sweetened milk. Oh man, it's like drinking candy - so good. Just a tad too sweet for my taste, so not something I would do but once in a blue moon.

I have always wanted to try that!

I have always wanted to try that!

Highly recommended and easy to make yourself. The filters are inexpensive - under $10 on Amazon. The coffee my sister's boyfriend recommends is available locally at Fred Meyer - it's actually a blend of coffee with chicory, the brand is Cafe du Monde. You can also buy actual Vietnamese coffee if you prefer, on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/Vietnamese...3329&sr=8-4&keywords=vietnamese+coffee+filter

91O1abaUStL._SL1500_.jpg

A twist on this is Greek or Turkish using the same idea, but espresso style! It's brewed hot using the same filter with a small 4 oz. Stainless pot over a flame, then poured over ice and mixed with sweet cream!:D

A twist on this is Greek or Turkish using the same idea, but espresso style! It's brewed hot using the same filter with a small 4 oz. Stainless pot over a flame, then poured over ice and mixed with sweet cream!:D

I'd love to try that sometime! I've heard Turkish coffee is amazing.

I know I posted this before but I like Millionaire's coffee my self.

1 shot Bailey's Irish cream
1 shot Kalua Coffee Liqueur
1 shot Frangelico Liqueur

Fill the rest of the cup with hot coffee. :)

In a few scant months you'll be drinking the hot version of this and whining you're so over the winter cold and rain.... :rolleyes:

:D

We took a drive yesterday and went up on some hills to our south, looked at the dry farm fields, and checked out some mono culture forest Metro is going to try and rehab. It is dry and hot, and we said this has been a great summer, we have done a lot, and with our long dry summers in Western Oregon right about now it is real easy to forget how fing dreary the winters can be and how fing tired we were of that rain back in April.

Humans never happen about anything.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top