JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my younger days a friend and I were at a local watering hole and had some words with some other dudes. We were outnumbered about 4 to 2 so it was not looking real good. My buddy and I made a break for the parking lot and got to my rig, a 72 Blazer. This Blazer was all set up for 4x4 and I had one of those 2 3/4 pound fire extinguisher on the floor.

Anticipating a need, I unsnapped it and pulled the pin, set it by my side in the drivers seat. The 4 dudes caught up with us and two came by the drivers door, one stood in front and one went to the passenger side. I argued with the two dudes for a minute, and then told them to have their monkey faced mfing girlfriend standing in front to come over and I would kick all their azzes.

Taking exception to being called that he came around to the drivers side, I rolled the window down a bit more acted like I was getting out and then hosed all three of them in the face with the dry chemical extinguisher. They were having just a bit of trouble breathing, enough for me to fire up the rig, drop it in gear, run over the other dudes foot and put 300 hp of Chev 350 to the TruTracs in a gravel parking lot.

Put about 5 miles between us and them before we pulled over to smoke a cigarette and laugh our azzes off. Fortunately the place was away from town and a bit off our normal weekend drinking circuit and we never went back there again.

GREAT story!

Standing in the Express Checkout the other day and this dude in front of me had more than 15 items. I told him so and he sneered at me "What you gonna do about it, Pal?"

I kept my cool, however, and survived to tell the tale.

Standing in the Express Checkout the other day and this dude in front of me had more than 15 items. I told him so and he sneered at me "What you gonna do about it, Pal?"

I kept my cool, however, and survived to tell the tale.
Those conveyor belt divider clubs make for a handy sneer eraser.

super.jpg

Keeping it short, I saved myself a double a$$beating (or worse) behind the Pep Boys in Chula Vista in 1986 or so when I showed a Colt Gold Cup to a couple of oxygen bandits who wanted to hurt me.

There should be some element of value in each of the anecdotes shared here. Mine is to study and practice situational awareness, always, and avoid potential situations like that.

I was on an outing with a group of youth and their folks. We had seperate camps set up (mainly for our sanity) After dark past curfew for the youth we were planning a couple night patrols to check on their camp.
Suddenly I hear tires sqeeling on the road outside camp, and gravel flying. Then Crack, Crack,.....
I say "full mag, double stack dump."
My buddy the ex navy chief goes "Glock 19."
Crap.
We boil out of the camp headed towards the youth. We hear the car take off. I can remember thinking I felt severely underarmed since I only had a 5rnd snubby in my pocket, but as far as I knew I was the only one armed.
We stick our head in the teepee the youth were camping in, only to find 1/2 of them there. Great.
I station an adult at the teepee we split the rest into 2 groups one goes north one goes south. We're quiet, no lights as we don't want to be targets. I'm pretty sure the perps have taken off but...
Eventually we hear voices and call the kids out of the brush, scared, a little sheepish but unhurt.
We get them back to bed, assign an adult to over see it all and prevent any more night time excursions

The next day we find a pile of brass and tracks in the gravel roadside outside of camp. And eventually I learned that all they were doing was mooning cars as they passed...

Little idiots

The shooter wasn't even trying to hit anyone, just trying to scare some kids. Lucky.

The lesson was I stopped carrying the 5 shot revolver and went to a semiautomatic

So, there was this time in band camp....:p
Don't be dissing camp. There are bears and poachers that run around in the woods at night shooting what they can spot light.

We had a hang glider pilot limp in to camp asking for help. He and a buddy had jumped off the wrong side of tillamook head, got pushed back into the trees and had to climb down the cliff in the dark. His buddy was still stuck up there.

Another time we had a boy drop dead of heart failure. No sign of any health trouble. When some one comes screaming in looking for the defribulator in camp you better know where to find it.

And there's always fire

LOL, those lights make a great impromptu baton. While back at second job some asshat broke into my car there in the wee hours when I was there alone. I set up motion alarms after that. Owner knew I carried. Was not anti but felt no one really needed a gun. He asked me one day "so you're not going to like shoot someone in my parking lot are you?" I laughed and said no, not unless they came at me with weapon. I said would it be OK if I Taser them and maybe work their hand over :)
Place I worked at used to be a Dr's office, another doc was next door. One of the gals was concerned that some homeless drug addiction was going to come in looking for drugs. How were we going to protect the office? She thought we all needed martial arts training, and started to survey everyone about what martial arts training we all had. Some had none and others had some. I said I was trained as a wrestler, for a martial art, but I would more likely just shoot them. She felt better after that.

My ex wife and I were jogging down a path one day in a pretty forested little canyon area and passed by 4 shady looking 30ish year olds on bicycles, I watched them in my peripherals start following us, then they started riding circles around us closing in closer with each circle trying to get us to stop, I had my G26 in a belly band and knew what was happening so I spoke loudly to my wife and said "it looks like I'm going to get some target practice today" then raised my shirt exposing my gun and said "I've got 11 rounds loaded and there's only 4 of them so I've got pretty good odds" as soon as I started pulling it out they all retreated very quickly. It was definitely scary and I did not want to have to start firing due to obvious legal reasons, I was glad when they left.

Just remembered this time a couple years ago... We were working late at night in Vancouver, traversing between buildings in an outdoors courtyard type of area with tall bushes and trees alongside the building we are approaching. I hear a voice calling out and can't tell where it is coming from. The courtyard is supposed to be secure after hours and the only other people at my work this late are custodians or security so i figure it is one of them trying to get my attention. I move around the bushes to investigate, shining my flashlight onto a short, skinny man standing perfectly still, and he is completely naked.:eek: We discretely exited into the nearest building and alerted security to the interloper.

A couple days later one of the security staff came to thank us for alerting them. He said the police were all to familiar with this particular individual who had a history of mental illness. o_O

Younger and angrier, and home on leave in college town. A frat boy pulls a pocket knife on me. I drunk and amused by the little fella didn't have a knife. So I pulled out my cock, waved it at him ( I think we crossed swords but can't remember) and watched him run away crying.

Back about 1965 I'm out on the local cruise on Saturday night. Think "American Graffiti". In fact, this was in Stockton, CA about 20 miles up Hwy 99 from Modesto where George Lucas grew up. In those days Modesto was to small to have a cruise, so they all came to Stockton. We even had a drag strip laid out on a road going out to the local marina like the one in "American Graffiti". Anyway, that's the atmosphere we're looking at.

I'm in my '55 Austin-Healy, which puts my butt about 4" off the pavement, top down, looking for a girl who wants to go for a ride. At this time in my life I'm 6 feet and about 145 pounds. This pickup with 3 guys in it pulls up and the smallest of them (it's always the little guy) starts flipping me off and bad mouthing me and my car. I tell him to F.O. and get back to fiddling with my stereo. Next thing I know this jerk is out of the truck and taking a swing at me while I'm sitting in my car. Caught me just behind the ear, but didn't really do any damage. He jumps back in the truck and they take off. About 10 minutes later I find them getting gas at the station across from our equivalent of Mel's.

I pull in and park and walk up to the guy. I said something like you're a bad a$$ when the other guy is sitting down, eh? And before he can open his mouth I caught him a quick left cross (I'm left handed) right on the tip of his nose. He goes down like a ton of bricks flat on his back. That's when one of his pals grabs me from behind and the other gives me a knee to the face.

About this time a couple of my buddies, one a linebacker and the other a left tackle on the football team see my predicament and come running from the drive-in. The two bad guys throw the little guy into the pickup and high tail it. I go to the men's room and see that I've got a pretty good cut on my eyebrow from the knee to the face.

At this point I realize that I'm going to have to explain this to my dad, because I'm going to need a couple stitches. So I drive home and lay out my story. Dad, who's a former chief of police and who's about 55 years old at that point (but also about 6 feet and 240 with a 38 inch waist and a 48 inch chest) says, "Well, should we go find them?" I said no, I'd already laid one of them out and I just needed a couple stitches. So we go to the ER and get me sewn up. On the way out of the ER we pass the 2 bad guys more or less carrying their buddy into the ER. His nose is VERY flat and very crooked and there's blood all over him. I didn't tell dad who they were. He'd have taken them apart. That offer to go with me to find them was the last thing I expected was going to be the first thing out of the old man's mouth. I had to think about him a little differently from that point on.

Back in the day also, late 70's, a friend who was a big guy, like to drink, fight and race cars got the sh*t beat out of him by these 3 guys in the old Burgerville parking lot in Hillsboro one night. Kicked his azz good. It was not a fair fight at all. Took him a couple weeks to heal up from that.

He passed the time in his dads farm shop twisting on his 66 Chevelle and in the process altered this welding glove by sewing in a piece of flat iron across the knuckles with a bit of padding behind it. He said he was going to catch each one of those guys alone and square up with them.

It took him almost 6 months to catch up with all of them in town on cruise nights and he would roll up to with a long sleeve coat on and that glove and drill them about 3 times and it was over. It became a legend almost when he got that glove out of his trunk, as those dudes scattered from fear and others gathered to watch.

Crazy days.

and in the process altered this welding glove by sewing in a piece of flat iron across the knuckles with a bit of padding behind it. He said he was going to catch each one of those guys alone and square up with them.

Crazy days.

Sounds like one of the Dutch Savage's "coal miner's gloves".

Sounds like one of the Dutch Savage's "coal miner's gloves".

Probably where he got the idea. I was at his shop when he was making it and told him he was fing crazy, but he said those dudes went 3 on 1 and were going to pay for it. Crazy but he owns a commercial trucking business and is quite well of, still crazy but well off crazy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top