JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The post count wouldn't have bothered me, but the rest of the details would have thrown up a red flag. To buy a firearm from, you're going to need to show me an Oregon DL and sign a bill of sale. If you can't meet those conditions, I don't need your money. Some people hang up on the bill of sale, but in my mind it protects both parties. I wouldn't make any large purchase without one.

I haven't done a bill of sale (one the whopping one thing I've sold), but looking at things more, it seems like just smart business. What goes into those things?

So i shouldn't have made the generalization that I did. But you lied. First post he told you they monitor this board second post it took half a brain to figure out. And to imply I don't know of what I speak is just flat out wrong. You seem to be an expert here, I mean you tracked an ATF agent back to his van. :confused::rolleyes: so I am done. Have fun with you paranoia I will have fun being a fool. I will keep doing legal F2F firearm transfer thumbing my nose at the bad ATF man watching this board.

I didn't lie at all, you misread what I posted or are intentionally misinterpreting it. I DID meet with an ATF agent who tried to buy a firearm from me. Additionally, this is information that anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out. These two points are not mutually exclusive.

I didn't lie at all, you misread what I posted or are intentionally misinterpreting it. I DID meet with an ATF agent who tried to buy a firearm from me. Additionally, this is information that anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out. These two points are not mutually exclusive.

You are correct i got caught up in the moment and called you a liar, which was impulsive and inappropriate. For that i do apologize. I do still feel the paranoia about the ATF is unfounded. If your looming to usurp the law doing so on a public forum is stupid. If you on an illegal sting its your own fault. If they show up to a legal sale tell them to pound sand.

You are correct i got caught up in the moment and called you a liar, which was impulsive and inappropriate. For that i do apologize. I do still feel the paranoia about the ATF is unfounded. If your looming to usurp the law doing so on a public forum is stupid. If you on an illegal sting its your own fault. If they show up to a legal sale tell them to pound sand.

I appreciate that, thank you.

I agree with you completely actually. If you get caught by the ATF, it is entirely your fault. I brought the ATF stuff up more as a warning to those who might be convinced to break the law (and perhaps as an explanation of the shady people here) that they could be talking to an ATF agent. My advice would be: don't break the law ever, no matter what the situation. Even if you think you could get away with it, there is a significant chance the other guy is a fed.

In the past I have bought/sold firearms, accessories and ammo without a hick up. Many FTF transactions in a public places, when it comes to buying I like to follow the buyer's guidelines and even if an ad does not list to see an ID I will voluntarily offer to show a DL to give the buyer peace at mind. And I usually like to talk to the seller or buyer a little bit before we finalize the transaction by just making small talk. For instance, if I'm the buyer "why are you selling this . . . " and find out a little behind the story. Also nice to meet a fellow member FTF who shares the same values and passion for firearms :s0155:

In the past I have bought/sold firearms, accessories and ammo without a hick up. Many FTF transactions in a public places, when it comes to buying I like to follow the buyer's guidelines and even if an ad does not list to see an ID I will voluntarily offer to show a DL to give the buyer peace at mind. And I usually like to talk to the seller or buyer a little bit before we finalize the transaction by just making small talk. For instance, if I'm the buyer "why are you selling this . . . " and find out a little behind the story. Also nice to meet a fellow member FTF who shares the same values and passion for firearms :s0155:

You'd think it'd be like that insomuch as just good, normal folks, right?

My experience with selling stuff here in person - thus far at least and hopefully not to be further perpetuated - hasn't exactly been the case. Kinda weird sometimes, honestly.

I've always been respectful of the law but I won't add my own laws on top of what we already live under. I moved to Oregon many years ago from the Midwest and as a new resident attended my first gunshow at the Expo center. A fella with a table was selling a used Ruger for a price that seemed high, but I liked the look of it, so I said I'd take it. I told him I was a new resident and suddenly he says he won't sell to me. I was shocked to hear this and told him if he had a concern that we could do the transfer through one of the FFL dealers. The man told me the no sale and to leave him alone. I did leave the fella alone but walked away scratching my head a bit. I ended up buying the same model brand new from a dealer and the price was almost the same. That fella may have thought I was sketchy, but I suspect that he was a bit irrational. Now adays if someone seems too worried, I just pass em by. Firearms are like busses, there'll be another one along shortly. Pass on the short bus when it comes by, wait for the regular one.

Yup, there are many firearms out there, just no money.

If buyer is comfortable to show his ID's and fill out bill of sale, I am comfortable too. or vice-versa.

Yup, there are many firearms out there, just no money.

If buyer is comfortable to show his ID's and fill out bill of sale, I am comfortable too. or vice-versa.

This brings up an interesting point.. How many of you ask to see the sellers ID, or maybe get a picture of the FTF with thier info for your own records? Paranoia aside how do you know that the seller did not commit a crime, steal the weapon etc? How far will "Bought from a guy on the internet" get you if things go south?

This brings up an interesting point.. How many of you ask to see the sellers ID, or maybe get a picture of the FTF with thier info for your own records? Paranoia aside how do you know that the seller did not commit a crime, steal the weapon etc? How far will "Bought from a guy on the internet" get you if things go south?

"get a picture of the FTF" Sounds like a troll :)
When selling, I ask to see CPL, NEVER write down or photograph any information.
When buying, I'm happy to show my state ID and CPL but am not willing to have my info recorded or photographed.
If the seller appears the least bit shady, I don't buy.

I always run anything I bought though a couple of online searches for stolen firearms, one website being HotGunz.com
If the firearm were to come up on there, I would head straight to the nearest police station and left them know.
I know I'd lose the firearm, but if it helps to catch a thief then I am OK with that.

"get a picture of the FTF" Sounds like a troll :)
When selling, I ask to see CPL, NEVER write down or photograph any information.
When buying, I'm happy to show my state ID and CPL but am not willing to have my info recorded or photographed.
If the seller appears the least bit shady, I don't buy.

I am not trolling just asking the question. I have had some long-guns for a long time but this is the 1st time I have been active, shooting and part of the community. We are all talking about what we do to vet a buyer, but buyers are not the only possible problem in a transaction. My photograph comment in regards to having a way of recording the transfer form, or sellers ID, so as a buy you have some sort of backup for who, what, when you purchased the firearm. I thought FTF meant Firearms transfer form? It is a piece of paper, rather than fill out 2, the buyer could just take a picture of it with a smartphone etc to have a record of it?

I am not trolling just asking the question. I have had some long-guns for a long time but this is the 1st time I have been active, shooting and part of the community. We are all talking about what we do to vet a buyer, but buyers are not the only possible problem in a transaction. My photograph comment in regards to having a way of recording the transfer form, or sellers ID, so as a buy you have some sort of backup for who, what, when you purchased the firearm. I thought FTF meant Firearms transfer form? It is a piece of paper, rather than fill out 2, the buyer could just take a picture of it with a smartphone etc to have a record of it?
FTF = face to face.

I've always been respectful of the law but I won't add my own laws on top of what we already live under.

Asking for a drivers license or CPL at the time of sale is not "adding a law on top of what we already live under". It's a condition of the sale to protect yourself from selling to an illegal purchaser or maybe buying a gun illegally.

As always, if you don't like the terms you are free to buy somewhere else.

Presonally, I like my freedom and don't want to end up in prison over a purchase or sale.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top