JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I haven't ducked anything. Theres no point in debating with you, I don't care what you think and I ignore you and Taku as much as I can. I occasionally poke Taku with a stick because he's ridiculous to me and sometimes I can't help myself.

I've posted my guns plenty of times on here, if you really care use the search function.

You do realize this thread was, in fact, directed directly at "leftists," right?

barney-stinson-challenge-accepted.jpg

I haven't ducked anything. Theres no point in debating with you, I don't care what you think and I ignore you and Taku as much as I can. I occasionally poke Taku with a stick because he's ridiculous to me and sometimes I can't help myself.

I've posted my guns plenty of times on here, if you really care use the search function.

I debate fact's, I can understand why you'd ignore me when your statement is challenged you fold like a house of cards.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

You do realize this thread was, in fact, directed directly at "leftists," right?

Not really. True leftists aren't big fans of Obama. Think about it, he didn't close gitmo, he blows up people without due process, bugs the phones, has made no middle east peace, bailed out the private sector, etc. He's really center-left at the most. Socially he may be pretty liberal on some issues, but economically he's still in the center (if not the right).

Most liberal US senator is a lot like 'tallest midget.'

So you say Thanks for your opinion. There is nothing center of obama and not seeing that is a mirror on your judgement. Even if you only voted for him once Many americans not all and saw him for the extremist radical progressive that he is. But hey nice attempt and minimizing the opposition on your man child prez.

Not really. True leftists aren't big fans of Obama. Think about it, he didn't close gitmo, he blows up people without due process, bugs the phones, has made no middle east peace, bailed out the private sector, etc. He's really center-left at the most. Socially he may be pretty liberal on some issues, but economically he's still in the center (if not the right).
How ridiculous. Why would you say he is center OR right economically?
Because he gave a bunch of money that was taken from taxpayers, to bankers and unions?

I have news for you, if he was on the right side of the political spectrum, he would not have allowed the money to be taken from taxpayers in the first place. And when the leftist democrat controlled congress did so, he'd have told them to forget it, and refused to sign the budget that included the stimulus.
(the ONE conservative thing I can recall Bush doing)

As a matter of fact, he is NOT center-right about anything you mentioned.
Killing people (yes, even terrorists) doesn't place him on the right. And the fact that he does it with impunity, and outside of the war powers act, AND the law, proves he holds a statist world view.
Bugging communications is NOT a sign of a right-leaning leader, but that of a statist.
Going into Libya without congressional authorization is NOT a sign of a right leaning leader, but that of a statist.
Jeopardizing middle east relations, with our gov., or among themselves, is NOT a sign of a right-leaning leader.

You need to turn off the *news* sources you're using, and pay closer attention to the definition of a conservative. To wit:
con·ser·va·tive (kn-sûrv-tv)
adj.
1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.
a. Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism.
b. Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.

Conservatives are on the right, and believe in maintaining government and policies founded on constitutional law(s), minimal taxation, and free will/enterprise.
They believe less government is better government.

Statists, progressives and liberals are on the left, and believe the constitution, and traditional American policies on governance, free enterprise and taxation are either outdated or wrong.
They believe in spreading wealth among the masses, deserving or not, through taxation.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"
Karl Marx
They believe in an all-powerful government, that should have high levels of influence in the citizen's life choices, as in their health care choices.
They believe government engineered outcomes should supplant government guaranteed opportunity. Regardless of the fact that it always reduces outcome to the lowest common denominator.
And they are NOT afraid to advocate for government intervention and enforcement, as part of their statist views.

The current political left is NOT your grandfather's Democrat.
Granddad's president was JFK.
JFK would be far to the right in the world of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer and Barack Obama.

Because he gave a bunch of money that was taken from taxpayers, to bankers and unions?

I have news for you, if he was on the right side of the political spectrum, he would not have allowed the money to be taken from taxpayers in the first place. And when the leftist democrat controlled congress did so, he'd have told them to forget it, and refused to sign the budget that included the stimulus.

Killing people (yes, even terrorists) doesn't place him on the right. And the fact that he does it with impunity, and outside of the war powers act, AND the law, proves he holds a statist world view.
Bugging communications is NOT a sign of a right-leaning leader, but that of a statist.
Going into Libya without congressional authorization is NOT a sign of a right leaning leader, but that of a statist.
Jeopardizing middle east relations, with our gov., or among themselves, is NOT a sign of a right-leaning leader.

You need to turn off the *news* sources you're using, and pay closer attention to the definition of a conservative. To wit:

Conservatives are on the right, and believe in maintaining government and policies founded on constitutional law(s), minimal taxation, and free will/enterprise.

Statists, progressives and liberals are on the left, and believe the constitution, and traditional American policies on governance, free enterprise and taxation are either outdated or wrong.
They believe in spreading wealth among the masses, deserving or not, through taxation.

They believe in an all-powerful government, that should have high levels of influence in the citizen's life choices, as in their health care choices.
They believe government engineered outcomes should supplant government guaranteed opportunity. Regardless of the fact that it always reduces outcome to the lowest common denominator.
And they are NOT afraid to advocate for government intervention and enforcement, as part of their statist views.

JFK would be far to the right in the world of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer and Barack Obama.

All true.
So to simplify this.
For anyone to even remotely think obummer is anything other than waaaaay over on the left......is so far gone they fallen off the leftist measuring scale. JFK was even further right than what is defined as republican today.
And he had a solid brass pair.
The only intelligent Kennedy out of the whole lot.

You can say what you like, and in an informal American-exclusive setting you are partially right. But the fact remains that American politics are wholly different from the political landscape of the world. What you consider liberal is centrist in the rest of the world. When I discuss this, it is with political science terms.

Essentially you have three scales. Libertarian to authoritarian, left to right, and economy from central-planning to free market. You're kind of mushing it all together into a confused jumble. 'Progressive' is generally on the left, leaning libertarian, balanced between central and free. Obama is leaning authoritarian, on the free side, and in the middle.

I accept your acquiescence.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Suge just in case you need some help on the word. Your welcome

ac·qui·es·cence
/ˌakwēˈesəns/
noun
noun: acquiescence; plural noun: acquiescences1. the reluctant acceptance of something without protest.
"in silent acquiescence, she rose to her feet"
synonyms: accept, consent to, agree to, allow, concede, assent to, concur with, give the nod to;

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR