JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Auto 5 clone Savage 745. I think this one is post war but I'm not entirely sure of manufacture date. They quit making them in '49.

savage745.png

Because I've purchased it, but don't yet have it in my possession, I can't wait to post a photo of my beautiful Browning A5. So I'll borrow a photo from the catalog. :D

cq5dam.web.835.835.jpeg

I will be getting a CROM, or if Scalarworks ever releases their optic mount I'll do that, but the CROM has been out of stock forever. I should have ordered one witht the gun, but thought it might ship faster without it because the CROM was said to be holding up orders. It still took almost 3 months to get the gun and now I have no CROM :(. Other than how it looks and not being able to co-wittnes the iron sights, the RMR on the rail works just fine.
If you are not already, I'd sugest signing up for the email notification. Aridus a small operation, his componets are made in batches and sell out almost immediately so you have to jump on it right away. I'd give Eric a call or drop him an email, he usually give an ETA on when stuff will be available. I'd also recommend Rob Haught mod aperture.

Also IIRC, Scalarworks has said they had no plans to make a mount for the 1301 sighting the CROM. I'm still waiting for them to to produce a low optic mount that would work on an AK that I saked them about back in 2017. So you might have a long wait for that.

My Auto 5 clone Savage 745. I think this one is post war but I'm not entirely sure of manufacture date. They quit making them in '49.

View attachment 1046679
Actually savage and Remington are not clones. They licensed browning patients.
Savage and remington are almost identical. The same can not be said for browning. Mainly stocks, trigger groups and carriers are different. "Clone" is not the right word, more like red headed step child

I perfer savage Remington mainly due to them having more of a pistol grip vs browning being straight

Actually savage and Remington are not clones. They licensed browning patients.
Savage and remington are almost identical. The same can not be said for browning. Mainly stocks, trigger groups and carriers are different. "Clone" is not the right word, more like red headed step child

I perfer savage Remington mainly due to them having more of a pistol grip vs browning being straight
I'm aware from personal experience there are some parts that aren't interchangeable a5 to a5, the firing pin being one.

The USAAF used a bunch of them to train gunners during the war. They'd put people in the back of trucks and have them hit moving targets while moving.

I did find it curious they still made a modern A5, cool at the same time, Brownings have nice wood on their modern guns.
I ended up with a 1970 A5 lite.
Actually, the new A5 is a completely different gun than the old Auto 5. Yes, it's recoil operated, but nothing like the original.

I picked this up today from @LuckySG . Haven't even assembled it yet, but I did peek inside the shipping case, and My Lordy...

P1030622.JPG P1030627.JPG

Last Edited:
So my shotgun got delivered today, to my receiving ffl (I ordered it online) I'm number 4,000 something in the que and it'll likely be a month he said before mine gets processed l.

I at least got to hold it though, when it's goin to be this long on a nics check they should let me schedule visitation once a week.

Picked up this Benelli SBE3 last week since I just cannot trust my Mossberg 930 duck hunting. Got a limit (spoons, teal, pintail) on its first trip out yesterday.

IMG_20211209_141526342.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads