JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't seen anything quite like this in the thread yet. My IWI TS-12, it's a semi auto bullpup shotgun with a 15+1 capacity. IMG_20200617_174909.jpg

Never been a "shotgun guy" as I still own the same single Winchester semiauto 12 ga. I bought new in 1980 still. It was my upland game gun, and trap gun for all those years. I ordered it with what was the new, optional Winchoke barrel back then, along with 4 different choke tubes. Been a great shotgun, and I still like it.
But this morning I got an email from Sportsman's Warehouse showing a defense shotgun they had on sale for $399. It's a AR12S that's sold under the Charles Daly name and imported by Chiappa Arms. Made in Turkey by Panzer Arms. I did a quick search online to see the pricing, and features normal to the guns, and reviews of them. Everything looked good, so I headed over to put hands on it.
The pictures showed a AR style format, with fixed buttstock, and 5 rd. mag. Changeable choke tubes, full picatinny rail, and an adjustable cheek rest. When I looked at the gun in the store the Charles Daly has some added features of a AR handle with iron sights, and a AR style front sight. Something I prefer more for a defensive shotgun vs. a scope or HUD sight. So after a quick bit of paperwork it came home with me.
I asked how many they had, and the counter guy said Portland store had 42, and two more coming in this week. So plenty of them! And their stock of guns in general was a huge amount more than Cabelas!

prodotti_immagini_immagine2_1075.jpg

Is that just really long muzzle brake? Or is there something else I'm not seeing?

Honestly didn't know they had muzzle brakes for shotty's

I've never been much of a shotgun guy, but I've been researching them lately and have it narrowed down to a Mossberg JM940, a Beretta 1301 Tactical, or Kalashnakov KS12-T, they're all very different but all seem like they are very good at their intended purposes.

Or I might not go into debt and get a VR (60,80,100bp) the magazine rebate deal seems pretty sweet and the price is way better then the other 3 I listed.

I'll say this if you're not much into shotguns; they don't aim or fit like a rifle, unless it fits you, it'll forever be on your bubblegumlist and you'll rarely hit anything with it.

Is that just really long muzzle brake? Or is there something else I'm not seeing?
It is a loooooong brake. I believe one of the importers had a bunch of SBS Vepr 12s they could not move, so they put a long brake on them to make them non-nfa items. If you wanted to form 1 a Vepr they were what you wanted.

I'll say this if you're not much into shotguns; they don't aim or fit like a rifle, unless it fits you, it'll forever be on your bubblegumlist and you'll rarely hit anything with it.
I don't have anything against shotguns, I've just never owned one, my Grandpa had a sawed off with pistol grip when I was kid that he'd let me shoot so he could laugh his azz off when I couldn't control it.

But honestly my collection just seems like it missing a big piece by not having the ole scatter gun in there.

I know ill need to train with it, see how it patterns with what loads through whatever chokes I have, and manual of arms is different quite a bit then anything I own, but it'll be fun learning new techniques.

The KS12T seems pretty similar manual of arms to my Zastava Zpap M70, the RIAs are AR pattern which is another operating system I have quite a bit of experience with.

The 940 or 1301 would be the biggest learning curve, and those are actually the 2 at the top of my list. The mag fed just seem a little clumsy and cumbersome unless you run the tiny 5rd magazines

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top