JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I clean my gun after every use sometimes my wife does it for me though. As for my firearms she wont clean those.......

Over the weekend I picked up a used Kahr PM40 that Northwest Firearms was asking $400 for (great deal for a 6-700 dollar gun), but when I pulled back the slide I couldn't believe how dirty the thing was! I mean at least put a wrag in there and wipe of the ramp a little or something.

I give them a pass for now because they are completely slammed, but I was surprised to see that from a dealer.

I don't know what all the fuss is over...... I prefer to look at them dirty when I go to buy. It makes me a little suspicious if the gun is to clean the same way I get suspicious in looking at a used car or truck and it has had a fresh oil change.

However, I'm not to anal about a gun being dirty or clean when I am looking to buy. It's going to get a thorough cleaning no matter what condition it is in if it goes home with me.

I learned something one day buying a S&W 44 Mag with a shot out barrel
Long as it was dirty it sure did look allright

Don't like it, don't buy it. Buyer beware, pretty simple.

I have gotten brand new guns from the factory that were test fired and never clean, whenever I get a new or used gun it gets a thorough cleanly so that just doesn't bother me, if there is something that bugs me about a gun I just won't buy it.

I clean my gun after every use sometimes my wife does it for me though. As for my firearms she wont clean those.......

Not quite sure they were talkin about cleaning your love gun, LOL. As for firearms, Ive seen guns for sale on Gun Broker and other places where even in the pictures you can tell that they are filthy!. As for my guns I dont plan on ever selling them so I never clean them LOL, Actually I make sure mine are stripped and cleaned after every use, I hate a dirty gun (firearms too:s0114:).

Gary, Like you I don't mind cleaning the gun either since it is the best way to learn about your weapon. I would think, however, one would want to get the best possible price out of their trade/sale. It's like trying to sell a used car and you say " I'm selling the car, why clean the 3 years worth of trash out of the backseat."

Jim

Hi Jim, I always try to get a deal on a dirty gun but the answer is usually "no extra charge for the dirt" !:confused: Gary

The first thing I do with any new purchase is field strip it, just to familiarize myself with it. That's how I found this mess.

-Jim

Me too ...every new pistol I buy and when I get back from the range the pistol goes right in the dishwasher to be cleaned.

( I tried using the cloths washer and dryer but the dryer bouncing my guns around was making too much noise! )

Indeed. What I see, most "brand new" "unfired" (NIB har) guns that are posited as such from/by various brick and mortar joints especially in the last decade and more obviously (people generally have eyeballs, hello goodbye) need cleaning since they've been shot considerably by the crew and or just not cleaned from the get go.. but a "new" gun doesn't need that, of course. It's kinda suspicious when it's the newest thing/gun on the whole scene and it's absolutely filthy and or flame-cut but is touted as brand new/unfired.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top