JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm in Kentucky and thinking about selling my Sig P229R, I have a blackhawk holster, 1-15rd mag, 2-18rd mags, and hogue rubber grips. Only about 250 rounds through it.
There's a gun show in town and I'm thinking about trying to sell it there.
For a slightly used Sig for about $850.00, is that a decent price for all of it?

Uh... well I paid $600 for a red box (certified pre-owned) sig p229r with 1x13rd mag. You'd get more money if you parted out the accessories like the grips, holster, and mags. $850 still seems a bit high though to me, considering you can get a NIB p229r for less than $800.

Yeah I was afraid of that. It is steep. I'm trying to come up with some cash to get a CCW. The Sig is just too big.
Maybe I can scrap something together elsewhere. I really like the pistol and hate the idea of selling it. So after holding it again I think I might keep it. Man I hate being broke.
In KY to get a permit I have to take a class $65, then get the permit $60, and then buy a firearm I can carry give or take $300-$500, ammo $50, practice range $30, etc $$$$$$
Meanwhile I am working a temp job, trying to find work, making half of what I did in Washington. Man, something's gotta give.

Yeah I was afraid of that. It is steep. I'm trying to come up with some cash to get a CCW. The Sig is just too big.
Maybe I can scrap something together elsewhere. I really like the pistol and hate the idea of selling it. So after holding it again I think I might keep it. Man I hate being broke.
In KY to get a permit I have to take a class $65, then get the permit $60, and then buy a firearm I can carry give or take $300-$500, ammo $50, practice range $30, etc $$$$$$
Meanwhile I am working a temp job, trying to find work, making half of what I did in Washington. Man, something's gotta give.

What holster and belt are you using? I find that having a really good gun belt and holster help a lot when carrying big hunks of metal. I carry my p229r daily and I'm a pretty skinny dude.

Costs more money though... a good gun belt will be $60-100 and on up and a good holster is going to be at least another $70-80 or so. :/

You could also maybe try getting one of the cheaper pocket guns for now. Kel-tec and ruger (and others) make little .380s you can get for like $250 or somethin.

So I'm in Kentucky and thinking about selling my Sig P229R, I have a blackhawk holster, 1-15rd mag, 2-18rd mags, and hogue rubber grips. Only about 250 rounds through it.
There's a gun show in town and I'm thinking about trying to sell it there.
For a slightly used Sig for about $850.00, is that a decent price for all of it?

$5.00....I'll send my address!!! :D

Seriously, it seems a little high to me as well...but there may be a regional difference here..I live in the Northwest. Parting out the package will certainly offer the best chance for a bigger profit.

I'm going to try getting a new holster/belt and see how it works. I'm usually a warm guy so I just wear a lot of t-shirts and jeans. So getting past the outline of a gun in my t-shirt if it's a little windy makes me nervous.

I will give it a go and see if the cops come. I do love the gun and would like to hang on to it if possible.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top