JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm in Kentucky and thinking about selling my Sig P229R, I have a blackhawk holster, 1-15rd mag, 2-18rd mags, and hogue rubber grips. Only about 250 rounds through it.
There's a gun show in town and I'm thinking about trying to sell it there.
For a slightly used Sig for about $850.00, is that a decent price for all of it?

Uh... well I paid $600 for a red box (certified pre-owned) sig p229r with 1x13rd mag. You'd get more money if you parted out the accessories like the grips, holster, and mags. $850 still seems a bit high though to me, considering you can get a NIB p229r for less than $800.

Yeah I was afraid of that. It is steep. I'm trying to come up with some cash to get a CCW. The Sig is just too big.
Maybe I can scrap something together elsewhere. I really like the pistol and hate the idea of selling it. So after holding it again I think I might keep it. Man I hate being broke.
In KY to get a permit I have to take a class $65, then get the permit $60, and then buy a firearm I can carry give or take $300-$500, ammo $50, practice range $30, etc $$$$$$
Meanwhile I am working a temp job, trying to find work, making half of what I did in Washington. Man, something's gotta give.

Yeah I was afraid of that. It is steep. I'm trying to come up with some cash to get a CCW. The Sig is just too big.
Maybe I can scrap something together elsewhere. I really like the pistol and hate the idea of selling it. So after holding it again I think I might keep it. Man I hate being broke.
In KY to get a permit I have to take a class $65, then get the permit $60, and then buy a firearm I can carry give or take $300-$500, ammo $50, practice range $30, etc $$$$$$
Meanwhile I am working a temp job, trying to find work, making half of what I did in Washington. Man, something's gotta give.

What holster and belt are you using? I find that having a really good gun belt and holster help a lot when carrying big hunks of metal. I carry my p229r daily and I'm a pretty skinny dude.

Costs more money though... a good gun belt will be $60-100 and on up and a good holster is going to be at least another $70-80 or so. :/

You could also maybe try getting one of the cheaper pocket guns for now. Kel-tec and ruger (and others) make little .380s you can get for like $250 or somethin.

So I'm in Kentucky and thinking about selling my Sig P229R, I have a blackhawk holster, 1-15rd mag, 2-18rd mags, and hogue rubber grips. Only about 250 rounds through it.
There's a gun show in town and I'm thinking about trying to sell it there.
For a slightly used Sig for about $850.00, is that a decent price for all of it?

$5.00....I'll send my address!!! :D

Seriously, it seems a little high to me as well...but there may be a regional difference here..I live in the Northwest. Parting out the package will certainly offer the best chance for a bigger profit.

I'm going to try getting a new holster/belt and see how it works. I'm usually a warm guy so I just wear a lot of t-shirts and jeans. So getting past the outline of a gun in my t-shirt if it's a little windy makes me nervous.

I will give it a go and see if the cops come. I do love the gun and would like to hang on to it if possible.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads