JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have several milsurp rifles I'm trying to offload. Is there a shop in the Portland area that deals in collectible firearms/milsurps? I want to sell on consignment and don't really have the desire to sell individually on my own.

Hummm......a Gun Shop that wants to take on consignment is specific to "surplus firearms" and in the Portland area?

Are_you_serious.jpg

The last good one....that was close to your description.....was probably, "Gun Broker". Then again......maybe Gun Room might be close to that description. IF, they are still in business.

Aloha, Mark

Hummm......a Gun Shop that wants to take on consignment is specific to "surplus firearms" and in the Portland area?

View attachment 760468

The last good one....that was close to your description.....was probably, "Gun Broker". Then again......maybe Gun Room might be close.....if they are still in business.

Aloha, Mark

...Yes I'm serious.

I don't want to sell online especially not gunbroker.

IMHO.....a "good gun shop" is a rare bird now-a-days. No offense intended to those TRYING to be a "good gun shop".

Plus....consignment adds to the "problem" as the sale would also depend on the knowledge of the sales staff especially since you're talking surplus collectible/military firearms. Then......how many firearms are you talking about? I can imagine that the gun stores are looking for profit margins and turnover.

Aloha, Mark

IMHO.....a "good gun shop" is a rare bird now-a-days. No offense intended to those TRYING to be a "good gun shop".

Plus....consignment adds to the "problem" as the sale would also depend on the knowledge of the sales staff especially since you're talking surplus collectible/military firearms. Then......how many firearms are you talking about? I can imagine that the gun stores are looking for profit margins and turnover.

Aloha, Mark

8 or so.

Have several milsurp rifles I'm trying to offload. Is there a shop in the Portland area that deals in collectible firearms/milsurps? I want to sell on consignment and don't really have the desire to sell individually on my own.
I would do the sale from here.
That's your best bet.

Place your ad here and then meet at an FFL to do the inspection/sale.

OK......so 8 or so firearms.

IMHO.....THAT takes up a lot of rack space. So.....the store would have to be somewhat of a large store. Or.....the store would have to have a lot of available rack space. Maybe, taking only a few in at a time, might be an answer?

AND since I never asked what kinds?

So then (with the imagination running wild)......
If the 8 or so rifles were all say Mosin Nagant 91/30s. Rrrright......I remember a store where they laid the case on the floor and people were allowed to search/pick out their special one. Yeah......the good ole days. LOL.

Hummm.....racks.

Cabelas.

Sales staff.:s0092:

Aloha, Mark

Sunset firearms does firearm consignment at 10% of sold price plus $10 for each firearm. He has sold many firearms for me including some Mosin rifles and a SKS.

I've used Copeland Custom Gunworks, for a few consignments. Tim is over in Estacada. He's the gunsmith/owner of the shop and very knowledgeable...highly recommended!

I make the run clear from Tigard because Copeland is the best gunsmith I've run across in the area, especially with classics. I've done more then a few rifle and 1911 projects with him. Tim charges 15% on consignments which is pretty low compared to the local shops I've dealt with in the greater Tigard area. Most seem to fee 20% or higher and to me, don't to have the appreciation for older firearms like Tim.

Copeland is a sponsor on the forum here if you want to talk with him...good luck :)

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top