JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Or find out someone that he actually bought from, oh I dont know, maybe try here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-classifieds/138617-remington-model-12a.html

That is a touchy one. I am very much for freedom and private sales if you have ever read any of my other posts on this subject.

I know it may be legal if he shows me a OR DL but this is one I may still pass on due to too many flags. Lists living in WA, WA plates, WA number....... Might be one of those times I suggest meeting at an FFL for transfer and if they are cool with it that might sway my choice of what to do.

I had a WA resident try to buy a gun from me many years ago. Every step of the way things keep getting strange. I can't remember if I asked to do an FFL or a copy of his DL but it was something like that. He had a total come apart about it. It might have been a legal sale but "bad vibe" said NO!

Was this your first FTF? because if so you made a few mistakes - one being not a having a tentative offer from them prior to meeting to avoid things like half-offers. Another thing - always a good idea to communicate using a few different venues prior to meeting such as phone, email and maybe PM so you can build a 'profile' of the person before you meetup. Also #3 - always bring a friend with you on a FTF unless it is someone you know or feel comfortable with due to long term communications. I have met many people for a FTF and only one time felt uncomfortable and denied the sale and walked - and that is within my 30 + years of FTF meetings.

Or find out someone that he actually bought from, oh I dont know, maybe try here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-classifieds/138617-remington-model-12a.html
Yep, sure looks like the conned someone into making an illegal sale!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

File a police report about something the DIDN'T happen? That won't get anything but thrown in the round file. The police don't even want reports of actual crimes unless it's under their jurisdiction and this would be up to BATF to investigate and prosecute.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

This guy sounds like a real dbag, are you sure he isn't from Oregon?

2ezmfy8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Off subject primetime, but I sent you 2 pm's and left you a voicemail. Got nothing back from you.. What gives? But your meeting guys with Vancouver in there description?? Wow and ouch! Lol.. Would like to see that chrome 45 still. And yeah, I noticed that guy was offering oregon ID on the link fatherholyholy left. Sounds like a weird deal to me.

I used to work with a guy from the couve, who was a bowhunter, and his truck had washington plates, he lived there, but kept. his OR DL with his moms address so he could get an OR hunting license. Oregon has better seasons, more game, he is not the only one.

I think the point to all of this is to really watch who you deal with and do your 'homework' prior to any meetup. I sold a Sub 2 K over a year ago and if I had responded to every shady, off-color offer or deal, to do this and that, meet them here or there I would have been posting something similar as you - or worse.

I used to work with a guy from the couve, who was a bowhunter, and his truck had washington plates, he lived there, but kept. his OR DL with his moms address so he could get an OR hunting license. Oregon has better seasons, more game, he is not the only one.

I know a guy who moved to Arizona but kept his ODL and continued to use his parents address so he could continue to hunt in Oregon without having to pay for a non resident license. This worked for about two years until one of the states (can't remember which) ran a cross check to see who was illegally buying licenses. He ended up with a $7500 fine and lost his hunting privileges for 5 years. Thanks to the Wildlife Violators Compact, you don't just lose your hunting privileges in one state. As of 2013 you lose them in 38 states and more states are joining the compact. Funny thing is that he ended up moving back to Oregon before his hunting suspension was over and he could have continued hunting here on the cheap anyways. I'd also like to point out that this isn't the first violation he had. Not that I agree with the rules regarding interstate firearms sales ( or any firearms restrictions for that matter) but I'd bet that guys knowingly buying guns illegally across state lines are probably committing other offenses as well.

This has been dealt with as far as forum is concerned.

PRIMETIME22 is free to do as he sees fit outside the forum.

Closing thread.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews