JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I recently purchased from sportsman which is something I told myself I would never do again! Well long story short they gave me no communication besides an email but what really pissed me off was the lie I was told! So I get to sportsman's start filling out the 4473 form and I start talking with the employees one of the employees says there was a glitch in the system and sellers and ballet 9mm was going for $7 out the door. I see the employee take every box and stash it for themselves. He even went as far as to say another employee took the last shipment and basically hoarded it for himself. So I see him doing the exact same thing and I ask the employees who is dealing with my paperwork can I buy a few boxes. They start coming up with all kinds of BS the guy is like I'm not sure they put more on the shelves I'm like I'm talking about the one I just saw you guys try to hide... I asked did somebody order it or can I buy it? He didn't say they were an order that was being pulled therefore I should be able to buy it! I think it is ridiculous and completely unfair to hoard ammo just for yourself and it was during your shift you can't do that in any retail business I have worked in I thought it was complete BS. The guy tries to make me feel better by saying well they aren't much cheaper than any other brand! I just find it ridiculous that they hoard ammo when there is a good deal going on. That really unfair in my opinion. I could understand before your shift but not right in front of my when it's something I want and you don't own it. Am I in the wrong from thinking this was a messed up situation?

Last Edited:
That doesn't really make sense. If it was a glitch, employees wouldn't be allowed to take advantage of it. Maybe they were pulling it until the pricing was corrected.

This happens all the time in most stores. Are you really all that surprised?
When there are times of scarcity there will always be those that take advantage for themselves and those they know.
Might send a not to the manager but don't be surprised if it goes much of anywhere.

It's definitely a common practice, I've seen it first hand and some employees look at it as perks of the jobs cause they get paid so poorly. Same as there discount and spiff and proforms, makes it worth working there for some people

I don't really expect it to go anywhere not like they are going to offer me the ammo at the price lol just one more reasonable to not do business with him.

This happens all the time in most stores. Are you really all that surprised?
When there are times of scarcity there will always be those that take advantage for themselves and those they know.
Might send a not to the manager but don't be surprised if it goes much of anywhere.
But he witnessed it firsthand. I/we know it happens.. but to see it first hand would be twice as infuriating.. only then get lied to and have bogus excuses denying the ability to buy some adds to the anger.

But he witnessed it firsthand. I/we know it happens.. but to see it first hand would be twice as infuriating.. only then get lied to and have bogus excuses denying the ability to buy some adds to the anger.
Exactly. I do not think I am I'm the wrong for wanting to purchase something that was on the sales floor for purchase!

Exactly. I do not think I am I'm the wrong for wanting to purchase something that was on the sales floor for purchase!
Where I can see some wiggle room is if they caught the glitch and were pulling it off the shelves legitimately as @slimmer13 said.. I get that errors happen. But if they were clearing out the shelves and had their own little stashes.. doing so right in front of customers and denying someone a box or two who is buying a firearm at the time, its not only a bummer but looks bad.

I get some shmo off the street getting told no, but you were buying a gun.. so imo, I think they'd play ball with you maybe for a couple of boxes (unless it was a glitch and they were trying to stop it.)

Id still shop there, Id just have no respect for the employees.

if it bothered you that much you could have canceled your firearm purchase got your money back and walked out the door.
Why would I do that? The gun isn't the issue lol it is the people work there. Do you stop buying from Amazon even though there is an employee that you hate? Nope.

I agree. Personally I would go back and ask for the manager and complain. If the mgr defers, I would not do any business there again. Not the only gun shop in town. Would have PO'd me too

Back in 2003 to 2006 they had some really knowledgeable people that worked that gun counter. They were friendly and respectful and put the customer first, always went above and beyond. Not anymore, place is a joke for any kinda of customer service or knowledge

Big brand stores will run a loosing sale to get folks in the door. They don't know the help is buying up the sale priced ammo and don't care. It's about getting folks in the door.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top