JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't go Ken and ask for the manager
I am a FIRM believer if one has a LEGITIMATE and VERIFIABLE concern (about anything) then moving up the 'chain of command' is hardly a 'Ken' move and, and higher if necessary, and very quickly as well.

I once had a VERY LEGITIMATE issue with a member of the Deschutes County Sheriff's Department and after contacting the Sheriff (and meeting with him and the undersheriff about it) he immediately went 'Cop' on me and tried to 'intimidate' me, to which I got up and said 'Thank you and I'll be calling the Attorney General of Oregon - to which he apologized and asked me to sit down and proceed.

My point being if the concern is legitimate and provable, and possible illegal then proceeding uphill might be completely justifiable.

Sounds like it's time to talk with the manager. If you don't get any satisfaction there, time to escalate to the district manager. Only way to change the practice is to complain about it.
I don't even trust the manager at our local Sportsmans Warehouse
my son ordered a S.A. 911 on Sportsmans web site
they had been discontinued but Sportsmans had some in their Utah warehouse
the sales associate told us that their manager had been looking for one and didn't know any were available until our online sale came through their store
so - projected delivery date come and we don't hear from them
went down 2 weeks in a row and they tell us the pistol has not arrived
finally I call Corporate in Utah and they tell me it's been on location for 2 weeks
corporate then emails the manager personally and asks him what the situation is
30 min later, we get a call from the manager telling us our pistol has arrived
it is my opinion that we would have never got the pistol if I hadn't called Corporate - I believe the manager would have kept it for himself

I don't even trust the manager at our local Sportsmans Warehouse
my son ordered a S.A. 911 on Sportsmans web site
they had been discontinued but Sportsmans had some in their Utah warehouse
the sales associate told us that their manager had been looking for one and didn't know any were available until our online sale came through their store
so - projected delivery date come and we don't hear from them
went down 2 weeks in a row and they tell us the pistol has not arrived
finally I call Corporate in Utah and they tell me it's been on location for 2 weeks
corporate then emails the manager personally and asks him what the situation is
30 min later, we get a call from the manager telling us our pistol has arrived
it is my opinion that we would have never got the pistol if I hadn't called Corporate - I believe the manager would have kept it for himself
Was the manager shane?

I am a FIRM believer if one has a LEGITIMATE and VERIFIABLE concern (about anything) then moving up the 'chain of command' is hardly a 'Ken' move and, and higher if necessary, and very quickly as well.

I once had a VERY LEGITIMATE issue with a member of the Deschutes County Sheriff's Department and after contacting the Sheriff (and meeting with him and the undersheriff about it) he immediately went 'Cop' on me and tried to 'intimidate' me, to which I got up and said 'Thank you and I'll be calling the Attorney General of Oregon - to which he apologized and asked me to sit down and proceed.

My point being if the concern is legitimate and provable, and possible illegal then proceeding uphill might be completely justifiable.
First if all in the original description from the original post there is absolutely nothing illegal!?
Second there is no way of telling weather the clerks were doing there job and taking it off the sales floor so the price could be fixed or to buy later eathere way you have no leg to stand on.

First if all in the original description from the original post there is absolutely nothing illegal!?
Second there is no way of telling weather the clerks were doing there job and taking it off the sales floor so the price could be fixed or to buy later eathere way you have no leg to stand on.
Did you read or understand my post? Is your first sentence a question? (because grammatically it isn't a question) or is it a statement with the question mark being a mistake?

I simply said if ONE HAS A VERIFIABLE concern about something, that MAY BE POSSIBLY ILLEGAL, then they should NOT hesitate to move up the chain of command to address it.

Please remember to proofread your posts for proper context, punctuation and spelling before posting.

Last Edited:
Did you read or understand my post? Is your first sentence a question? (because grammatically it isn't a question) or is it a statement with the question mark being a mistake?

I simply said if ONE HAS A VERIFIABLE concern about something, that MAY BE POSSIBLY ILLEGAL, then they should NOT hesitate to move up the chain of command to address it.

Please remember to proofread your posts for proper context, punctuation and spelling before posting.
Your creating your own narrative, I was referring to the post. You decide to bring up illegal activities that were not present.

I can only advise you that with this specific vender, moving up the chain of authority and calling Corporate did achieve satisfactory results for us

it's an 800 number, not even your dime

if you feel you have a verifiable concern, call the Corporate number

So I recently purchased from sportsman which is something I told myself I would never do again! Well long story short they gave me no communication besides an email but what really pissed me off was the lie I was told! So I get to sportsman's start filling out the 4473 form and I start talking with the employees one of the employees says there was a glitch in the system and sellers and ballet 9mm was going for $7 out the door. I see the employee take every box and stash it for themselves. He even went as far as to say another employee took the last shipment and basically hoarded it for himself. So I see him doing the exact same thing and I ask the employees who is dealing with my paperwork can I buy a few boxes. They start coming up with all kinds of BS the guy is like I'm not sure they put more on the shelves I'm like I'm talking about the one I just saw you guys try to hide... I asked did somebody order it or can I buy it? He didn't say they were an order that was being pulled therefore I should be able to buy it! I think it is ridiculous and completely unfair to hoard ammo just for yourself and it was during your shift you can't do that in any retail business I have worked in I thought it was complete BS. The guy tries to make me feel better by saying well they aren't much cheaper than any other brand! I just find it ridiculous that they hoard ammo when there is a good deal going on. That really unfair in my opinion. I could understand before your shift but not right in front of my when it's something I want and you don't own it. Am I in the wrong from thinking this was a messed up situation?
I'd call headquarters for sportsman's Iv had to talk to a higher guy at the main office to get a problem fixed and he made it happen that I was told they cant and won't do.

Why do we keep going to these big box stores with high prices and poor service, anyway?
Exactly. It's like voluntarily sitting in the bottom of a porta-potty and complaining about being sh!t on…..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top