JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I DONT QUITE KNOW THEYRE ANGLE BUT THEY MET ME AND OFFERED ABOUT 1/2 OF WHAT I WAS ASKING FOR, WHEN I TOLD THEM NO THEY GOT ALMOST VIOLENT WITH ME,I ASKED THEM ABOUT THE WA. PHONE NUMBER, THEY SAID THEY ARE FROM OREGON, I LOOKED UP THEYRE ADDRESS IN WA. THEY ARE LIARS AND MAYBE CRIMINALS, BE WARY!!!!

HAD FTF TODAY IN CROWDED AREA, THEY WANTED TO COME TO MY HOUSE, I SAID NO TO THAT. THEY TRIED TO PRESSURE ME INTO SELLING 5 GUNS TO THEM, WHEN I ASKED THEM WHERE THEY LIVED , THEY SAID, PORTLAND, I HAVE SINCE FOUND THEYRE ADDRESS IN WA. ALONG WITH THEYRE LIC PLATES. BEWARE

Yeah, i had somebody a few months ago inquiring about lower receiver they had 360# told them you need to be oregon resident unless you want to go through ffl ended that. To bad 1 spoiled apple can ruin a bunch. Make sure you leave proper feedback stating what happend so other people can be aware.

I DONT QUITE KNOW THEYRE ANGLE BUT THEY MET ME AND OFFERED ABOUT 1/2 OF WHAT I WAS ASKING FOR, WHEN I TOLD THEM NO THEY GOT ALMOST VIOLENT WITH ME,I ASKED THEM ABOUT THE WA. PHONE NUMBER, THEY SAID THEY ARE FROM OREGON, I LOOKED UP THEYRE ADDRESS IN WA. THEY ARE LIARS AND MAYBE CRIMINALS, BE WARY!!!!

Thanks for the head's up and glad you are safe. Looks like they still got away with all your lowercase letters, though :D

Yeah, i had somebody a few months ago inquiring about lower receiver they had 360# told them you need to be oregon resident unless you want to go through ffl ended that. To bad 1 spoiled apple can ruin a bunch. Make sure you leave proper feedback stating what happend so other people can be aware.

There are MANY MANY people that do not know that is a law.............

I don't know if you follow any of my posts about legal things but most here seem to believe that I am pretty versed in it now. Many years ago I was in OR working, I picked up the "nickel flyer" and looked up the gun section. I ended up coming home with a great deal on a great gun. Neither the seller or I had a clue it was against the law...........

Yes I know some do not care but I think more just dont know.

To top that off this has only been a law since 1968 so there are many people that were selling and buying guns way before that.........

Did you ask for a drivers license? I still have the the Tacoma number I got 12 years ago when I was in the military, even though I've always been an Oregon resident. Heck you could even look me up on Spokeo and see some of the old military base housing addresses I lived at in WA. Doesn't make me a resident. Not calling you a liar, just playing devils advocate with the information you've provided.

HOW'D YOU FIND OUT THEY WERE WA RESIDENTS - BESIDES THE PLATES? oops, sorry. Darn caps lock.

Sounds like it's just someone working for the Department of Justice. Zeta need guns too, holmes.

How many people did you meet with this SLICK 46 person? Requesting to come to your house raises a flag, pressuring to buy 5 firearms check, being a wa resident trying to buy via private party in another state check. Does this person know your first last name?

You don't have to keep yelling. I believe it is "their" unless you mean "they are".

So what exactly are you filling a report for? Do you KNOW for sure their address is in WA? I did a search a while back and still came up with address I USE TO live at and even stuff that showed information that my ex-wife that has been remarried for over a decade still had my last name.

Yes having a out of state plate and phone number are reasons to have "reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law". So then it should be followed up by asking for ID. IF after that you are not sure or have doubt then walk.

Also from the minimal info you posted in your double threads I am not sure I would have even offered to meet up.........

I have to agree with Boarder. If they wouldn't provide you with an OR driver's license it's a good chance that you're right but you really havent proven anything with a google search, license plates and phone number. I know a handful of people, myself included that have one of those clues that would lead you to believe the contrary. You may want to hold off on the slander until you are 100%. Then swing away.

Today, cell phones make the area code prefix an unreliable way to determine a person's state of residence. Example: my son has a cell phone as his only phone. He'll be moving to Everett to work at Boeing when he finishes his engineering degree. He has already bought a condo there and will be a Washington state resident, yet he won't have to change his phone number and it will still have an Oregon area code.

When you get a cell phone, a VOIP, or a google voice phone number, you get to select the area code you want.

I agree, no government issued photo ID, no sale, and I'd insist on a bill of sale for me.

His tag says vantucky the phone number is area code 360, the plates on car are wa. Any one of these should of been a flag? Sorry u wasted ur time but hopefully lesson learned. Wasn't impressed the guy started off tagging all your ads that was a flag for me to question motives. Shake it off and good luck with your sale. Everyone I have met on here has been aces and I don't think that's luck.

you are right, i asked them if they are from wa. they said as far as youre concerned we are from ore. that was enough for me, they live in ridgefield wa. lesson learned

The FIRST clue to not even do a FTF with them in the first place is they list Vancouver as their location on this site..................

So you might print off your ads where he badmouths you. In there he is admitting that he crossed state lines to deal with you. Might be useful for your report........

First thing I do any time anyone contacts me about a sale on this fourm I go to their page, and in this case he states that he lives in ridgefield so I never would have even met him.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads