JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I been looking at getting a new ultralight rod. I been in contact with a rod builder who recommends, what he calls a Gloomis hybrid. Its 1 solid piece of graphite, no cork or foam around the hand guard so its suppose to be super sensitive. It was discontuned a while ago due to the real seat being a bit dodgy but he bought some and designed a new seat.
Now I have been looking high and low.. ie google.. for information on these rods and I am finding nothing. anyone out there heard of these?

I don't see anything wrong with a discontinued rod, it probably still has a warranty, or if you want a Gary Loomis designed rod, his current venture is Edge rods. I played with one of his fly rods at River City, thing weighed *nothing* - crazy light, crisp, very responsive and sensitive. CRAZY spendy brand new, at least for my budget.

I have a Loomis GLX ultralight, i love the old GLX rods.

A custom wrapped rod with carefully crafted components can deal with a really amazing rod of course, its only money right? :eek:

I am still stuck on traditional reel seats and grips. I love cork, and like the reel seats Okuma has been using with exposed blank at the seat. Adds sensitivity. Light weight REC guides would be nice. They are almost idiot proof too, if you step on it, snag it, etc they spring back to shape.

Or you can spend $19.99 on an Okuma Celilo, and have more $$$ for premium line, lures, beverages, gas and guns :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews