JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I watched some Vietnamese folks fishing for chad just below the spillway at Bonneville Dam. Just a rod, line, hook, rubber bands, or a stick for a rod and reel and the important rock.

They would run some line out and attach a hook. Then they continued the line out a couple more feet and wrap it around the rock to secure.

Then they would just throw the rock out with the rubber band. When they felt a fish on line, they gave it a good tug to release the rubber bands and bring in the fish.

It worked again and again. Cost per fish, two rubber bands, one rock and bait.

Last Edited:
Slingshots, my dad used to race sail boats and a few of us made some slingshots out of some industrial grade bungees that were no joke. we could launch water balloons at each other a couple of hundred yards maybe a little more. They were pretty large with about 3 feet of bungee off of each side.They launched so hard Nobody use them unless you were arcing them from a long ways away.

Slingshots, my dad used to race sail boats and a few of us made some slingshots out of some industrial grade bungees that were no joke. we could launch water balloons at each other a couple of hundred yards maybe a little more. They were pretty large with about 3 feet of bungee off of each side.They launched so hard Nobody use them unless you were arcing them from a long ways away.
We used those things as kids. We would launch one way down the street at the other group firing one back. Someone underfilled a balloon and it hit a kid in the nutz without popping, it was a bloody trip to the ER. I think it required stitches, glad it wasn't me.

CO2 powered spud gun would be quite entertaining to "cast".
A compressed air tennis ball cannon might work well also.

Fairly small, easily transported and quick to charge and use.

I have assisted with the use of these to launch fishing line over pine trees to pull antenna wire up to create temporary HAM radio dipole antennas.

If held at about 30 degrees I suspect you could launch a line a 50 - 60 yards out.

I have caught my limit in minutes in Newport and Seaside just walking through the surf and pinning the crabs on their backs with my finger then grabbing their back legs and pulling them up which essentially paralyzes them.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews