JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
However, and this is pretty important for Oregon gun owners..
Where a State decides with the stroke of a pen, to turn law abiding gun owners into felons overnight? What then?
Once the state makes me a criminal / felon why do I care about laws. It is evident that the state has no respect for my rights. It will be my conscience that governs my actions from that point forward. I will continue to be a law abiding citizen until I can no longer be due to others actions.

Think of it this way - someone who was convicted of a felony, but seeks to have his/her rights to own a gun restored has probably turned their life around. Otherwise they wouldn't bother - people who are repeat offenders don't give a darn about the law and would just ignore it anyway.

OTOH - I would say that someone who was convicted of a violent crime, especially repeat offenders, would maybe be disqualified, or maybe have to go to court/etc., to get their rights to own firearms restored - having to show somehow that they have reformed (e.g., they have lead a crime free life and are a good citizen for the last 20 years).

Part of what I was trying/wanting to say in my first post. Those violent multiple felons, need to be in that large concrete building with bars. You had a chance and blew it, do not keep letting these folks out every couple of years they are not fit to live in society

The issues are we have crowded prisons, that want long term residents. Therefore the more felonies on the books the more option they have to keep private prisons packed. Most major prisons are contractor run, and operated. These laws are designed to make other rich, violent crimes have almost always been felonies, but the violence slowed enough that prisons needed more long term residents, and is why there are so many felonies today. And that in turn add allot of people to the list that can't own guns. I knew a guy that got busted 20 years ago and had too much pot on him, he went to jail with a felony, came out went to college and spent 10 years trying to get it expunged. He ended up a good responsible guy, but still had a felony until 2017, for having a bag of pot.

The issues are we have crowded prisons, that want long term residents. Therefore the more felonies on the books the more option they have to keep private prisons packed. Most major prisons are contractor run, and operated. These laws are designed to make other rich, violent crimes have almost always been felonies, but the violence slowed enough that prisons needed more long term residents, and is why there are so many felonies today. And that in turn add allot of people to the list that can't own guns. I knew a guy that got busted 20 years ago and had too much pot on him, he went to jail with a felony, came out went to college and spent 10 years trying to get it expunged. He ended up a good responsible guy, but still had a felony until 2017, for having a bag of pot.
The question I would pose did the guy know he was committing a felony when he got caught having too much pot on him
If he did he willfully broke the law and deserved his felony. This is my opinion

or he died either in prison (life in prison, no parole), or killed right then and there (shot by cops, executed by sheriffs, or killed by the survivors)

No repeat offenders in that plan... I like it!

Heck I was .mil down south for a few years, look up sodomy laws, the man is always wrong, and the one committing the felony.

o_Oo_Oo_O You were down south and did WHAT??? :eek:

The question I would pose did the guy know he was committing a felony when he got caught having too much pot on him
If he did he willfully broke the law and deserved his felony. This is my opinion

Not saying he didn't deserve it, after he paid his dues why would they not allow him to have a firearm.
Low lever crimes and felonies that restrict rights just don't seem right. It was not even a person on person crime.
Yet Oregon said no go. Thing is today what he did would have been perfectly legalo_O

Not saying he didn't deserve it, after he paid his dues why would they not allow him to have a firearm.
Low lever crimes and felonies that restrict rights just don't seem right. It was not even a person on person crime.
Yet Oregon said no go. Thing is today what he did would have been perfectly legalo_O
It wasn't legal then.

UCMJ, .mil criminal code, the state's of GA, AL, back when, getting a blow job was a felony, and it was the male that was charged, because obviously he forced the woman to do such a deplorable act.

You can't say that here! :eek: ... Just kidding. I don't know if you can or can't. :)

Signed,

Deplorables

Ode to felons:

He knows his way in the dark
Mine is the way of the Lord
Those who follow the path of the righteous
Shall have their reward
And if they fall
As Lucifer fell
The flames
The sword!

Not really. It's from "Stars" Les Miserables