JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would color you a picture so you could understand but don't have the time at the moment.

However, I will say my post is much more relevant than is posting videos of people hunting with air rifles.

:D
Sure whatever brah. Would you like me to color you a little picture as to why I posted the video?
Thought it might be self explanatory:rolleyes:
Blew right over your head did it?;)
That's OK I'll explain.
Now that there are countries with gun regulations so bad that you can not own a hunting rifle,the air gun industry has come out with guns worthy of hunting medium game. (still following:confused:)
Then we as men always need to take it to that next level. (do I need to slow down here?)
And as the engineers have developed more powerful air guns,the government idiots see that tehy need to regulate these too. Maybe someone will start using them in crimes?:eek:
Hope I didn't lose you martini boy. Let me know if you need more 'esplainin' Rucy

I would color you a picture so you could understand but don't have the time at the moment.

However, I will say my post is much more relevant than is posting videos of people hunting with air rifles.

:D

More relevant huh? Hmmmmmm..... let's see here. The thread is about Scotland banning pellet guns because a boy was killed by one. Showing a video of an animal being killed by "A PELLET GUN" is relevant to showing the so-called lethal power of a pellet gun.
So how does Scotland sucking on England's teet relate to pellet guns? Please explain the relevance of your two statements as it relates to "PELLET GUNS". If you don't have the time to explain yourself, then why do you have the time to post anything at all? Get off your "I am better than you" horse and stop being so arrogant. So please don't color or paint me a picture because you are not an artist. I am sure I will not like your results.

<sigh> Posting videos of how powerful / deadly air guns are in a thread topic about banning air guns is nothing more than a silly attempt to justify that ban.

Every law made restricting the possession/procurement/storage/etc... of arms is always coupled with a similar example the videos illustrate; "Look how dangerous the weapons is!!" Of course the logical argument is look how dangerous the PERSON IS.

Remembering that Scotland's PEOPLE neglected to take into possession when it was offered it's own independence shows that if the Scots are incapable/unwilling of handling that independence they don't deserve the freedom of an unregistered air gun... or for that matter anything pointy or sharp.

The Scots giving up independence via failed vote - which our own country fought and shed blood for - ought to be disgusting to every American who values freedom and liberty.

In short, they gave up independence without even a whimper (and those that know understand it was for the continued welfare from the rest of the UK) so them having to register airguns gets a big, "so what do you expect from such nanny-state dwellers?" What was the slogan for those wishing to remain tethered to the UK? "WHY TAKE THE RISK?" that's what is was!!

Yeah. Register everything. Why take the risk? Take all dangerous, pointy and sharp things away from the subjects. Why take the risk?

My initial reply was to remind folks of those facts.

But gentlemen, please continue posting videos showing how powerful these arms are so to justify banning them. If you get enough folks on your side, we'll have universal background check and ultimately registration as well. :)

Sure whatever brah. Would you like me to color you a little picture as to why I posted the video?
Thought it might be self explanatory:rolleyes:
Blew right over your head did it?;)
That's OK I'll explain.
Now that there are countries with gun regulations so bad that you can not own a hunting rifle,the air gun industry has come out with guns worthy of hunting medium game. (still following:confused:)
Then we as men always need to take it to that next level. (do I need to slow down here?)
And as the engineers have developed more powerful air guns,the government idiots see that tehy need to regulate these too. Maybe someone will start using them in crimes?:eek:
Hope I didn't lose you martini boy. Let me know if you need more 'esplainin' Rucy

Feel better?

Geez, not even air guns are safe. It all starts somewhere, eventually it leads to that and for some reason I doubt that's the end. :mad:

I feel sorry for the Scottish who want their freedom. :/

'Kay Guys, I'm back, having been advised how to operate the 'ignorate' option.

Here's the skinny.

The two small-time drug dealers whose child was killed with an air-rifle, actually supplied not only his drugs, but the air-rifle that he used to accidentally shoot the child instead of the parent he was 'aiming' at. Doesn't change JS, but the new Scottish gubmint, voted in last year by a HUGE majority, have thrown the bones and done the sums.

We are not talking a couple of dollars for an airgun license, but £88.00 - $120.00 - although that then covers you for as many as you want to buy, much like shotguns are in yUK.

With well-over 500,000 KNOWN airguns in private hands in Scotland, that would, in theory, raise about, uh, a lot of money - like $60 Million.

However, it will never happen and for one good reason.

Man-power.

Or rather, lack of it.

It currently takes around TWENTY weeks to process a single shotgun license, and that ties up a police officer-ish interview and a bunch civil servants in a hard-pressed organisation, now that Scottish police forces are 'unified'.

Dumping a pressing need to license 500,000 totally new applications will swamp the system.
Mrs Sturgeon, the new Scottish 1st Minister, seems to have overlooked that entirely in her desprit need to 'get guns off the streets'.

That's it.

tac, back and ignoring.

Kind of like here...where they pass a universal background check law and then don't put people in to handle the extra BGCs. People on delays, for months, for no good reason!

If not for that one little amendment, this is exactly what would be happening here! Damn proud of the Founding Fathers right now!

And, oh yeah...

Mrs Sturgeon, the new Scottish 1st Minister, seems to have overlooked that entirely in her desprit need to 'get guns off the streets'.

They have a 1st Minister name after a prehistoric fish!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Brings up a picture in my mind.

"Sturgeonery"? Yeah, I've been fishing for the prehistoric things since 1983 when I moved to PDX. Not so much in the last few years though.

Prehistoric in my mind. If you've ever taken one apart, they're built really weird! The fish that is, not the Scottish 1st Minister.

"Sturgeonery"? Yeah, I've been fishing for the prehistoric things since 1983 when I moved to PDX. Not so much in the last few years though.

Prehistoric in my mind. If you've ever taken one apart, they're built really weird! The fish that is, not the Scottish 1st Minister.

I'm not a big fan of fish, but my father's smoked sturgeon is darn fine stuff.

Came across this photo - check out those monsters:

odfw-sturgeon.jpg

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion on airgun registration in Scotland...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top