JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've had these.

Leupold 1-4x24 ar model. Problem no illumination

Leupold 1-4×24 vxr patrol. New problem not enough magnification

Vortex 1-6 strike eagle. Problems- Heavy, clarity, illumination too much, washes out eyes when coyote hunting.

Leupold vx6 1-6x24 CDS illuminated dot. Problem, no bdc reticle, best of all 4 at low light but its 24mm so it still leaves me wanting. Great scope btw.

Want 1-6x42 or similar with dot illumination, bdc reticle, American manufacturing or similar.

No Philippine burris, must have large objective lens, dot illumination and bdc.

Any recommendations?

Leupold Mark AR with the Firedot? I don't think you're gonna fine a 1-6 with a 42mm objective....

Leupold Mark AR with the Firedot? I don't think you're gonna fine a 1-6 with a 42mm objective....
I prefer leupold, Just not happy with low light conditions and 24mm, plus I need 6x or more to hit consistently at 400 plus. Notice I said I need. Zeiss is the only thing i have found. Thanks for replying, that is a great scope, nice and light.

I prefer leupold, Just not happy with low light conditions and 24mm, plus I need 6x or more to hit consistently at 400 plus. Notice I said I need. Zeiss is the only thing i have found. Thanks for replying, that is a great scope, nice and light.

I've got two of them. 1.5-4x24 and 3-9x40. Both great scopes!

Sig Sauer Tango 6
The best illumination adjustment I've had on any scope. Superb low light visibility and clarity.
Problem might be it's heavy at 25oz.

Reticle options:
upload_2018-6-9_21-53-46.png

Light transmission is limited by your eye more than the scope. To determine exit pupil, you divide the objective lens by the level of magnification. Worst case scenario, a 24mm objective divided by 6x is 4mm. The human eye can't use much more than that.

Huh. You're a fart smeller. :D

Uhhh, fart smeller=smart feller. Booty licker=looty bicker. I retract my previous statement. :D

Light transmission is limited by your eye more than the scope. To determine exit pupil, you divide the objective lens by the level of magnification. Worst case scenario, a 24mm objective divided by 6x is 4mm. The human eye can't use much more than that.
Guy from leupold said something similar, but when I put a leupold 24mm vx6 against a leupold rifleman in low light the rifleman pulls more light. So do my other 8 scope above 40mm. Maybe it's just me though.

I am totally looking at that. Wish it was 1x, I can see so much more at night with both eyes open. But I am still considering it heavily.

I shoot both eyes open unless at really tall magnification. I think it will fit your needs nicely.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews