JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased from a forum member an old Burris 3x-9x Fullfield scope made in the US. I tried the scope and love it. It is amazingly bright. However, I have a question about it if anyone could have an answer. Both elevation and windage dials do not have any "clicks" when rotating them. It seems that the scope holds zero fine, but I haven't shot enough to be 100% sure. Was this normal for older scopes not to have "click" in the adjustment dials?

Thanks in advance,

Dan from Seattle

I think companies started to give way to clicks around the early 2000s and the move toward "tactical" knobs and dialing elevation cemented the fate of friction adjustment.
I am relatively new to optics. I used to shoot iron sights only, but now with age my eyesight is not sharp as it used to be, so I started using optics last couple of years.

I am relatively new to optics. I used to shoot iron sights only, but now with age my eyesight is not sharp as it used to be, so I started using optics last couple of years.
The new fad is adjust the scope for various ranges rather than hold over to compensate for drop. There are a lot of affordable scopes these days with repeatable adjustments that make it practical.

But, if you're like me, a scope that I set and forget is the best option. I don't shoot much more than 400 yards at animals and I don't need a fancy scope to do it. I'm a fan of scopes like yours.

The new fad is adjust the scope for various ranges rather than hold over to compensate for drop. There are a lot of affordable scopes these days with repeatable adjustments that make it practical.

But, if you're like me, a scope that I set and forget is the best option. I don't shoot much more than 400 yards at animals and I don't need a fancy scope to do it. I'm a fan of scopes like yours.
Same here. I like old US-, Japan- or Germany-made scopes. They are so bright. To my eye they are as bright as $2,000 fancy scopes.

Same here. I like old US-, Japan- or Germany-made scopes. They are so bright. To my eye they are as bright as $2,000 fancy scopes.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top