JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you...

• Be forward with the administration before your volunteer application is approved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be forward after approval

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shut up

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Thanks Ladies and gents.

@deadeye The main reason was not to be overbearing but to assist a little at the school. It's actually asked for by the school. Something called "DOGS" program. Dads Of Great Students..... but it's for a strong male presence to some of the kids who don't have a male figure in their house.

Again, thank you all.. Ive told the wife I'm not really too interested and I wanted to see the opinions here as to carry vs non etc...

I think if I do it will be "part of me" when/if I go and do it. On the down low...

I didn't mean you were overbearing I meant that may be how he perceives it. I assumed the question mark and wording would convey that, sorry.

When my son was a kindergartner and first grader in the Beaverton School District, I volunteered while CCing. I made sure I packed in a way nobody would ever know, and kept quiet about it.

I would not mention the CPL as you will most likely not be asked or allowed to volunteer and be noted that you have one across the school faculty. Corvallis is not a good place to volunteer the info let alone with state/city employees. My wife works for the Albany school district and I can speak from experience that there are some pretty weak minded anti gunner types employed throughout the district especially the administrators (principles).

:D Not all of us who work for the Albany school district are anti gun! But to the point, carry concealed, make sure it is really concealed, and don't tell anyone. Thanks for volunteering! We can use all the help we can get!

Also a home school family, with 2 different schools she attends with other home school families each week. Not public schools, but my wife is there regularly, and I'm there from time to time. I carry there, and it's known by many, including the director, and it's appreciated by the folks that run the school.

Honestly, as long as I have the choice to do so, I don't want my kid educated by people that piddle their pants at the thought of a gun in their presence.

If we were in public school, and I were there as a volunteer, I would carry, silently, which is what I do everywhere else. If it's allowed by law, I'll do it - and unless it comes out for a defensive event, no one ever needs to know. At my daughter's schools, we're around folks that don't panic at the thought of a gun in the place, rather we're around people that actually believe in things like the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, so, we're good there ;)

And no, I don't consider it being dishonest or untruthful if I don't disclose what I'm not required to disclose.

I carried every-time I was at my kids school, it was concealed and my business not the schools . I always thought how would them knowing help me in a situation ? Its wouldn't, infact depending on the area of their paranoia I would be a person of interest. Not something I would want, yes sadly every year lefty is getting a hand in the schools here. Luckily here in our cities the Principals are very pro-gun but even they lean left, but are right enough to not violate personal rights.

I didn't mean you were overbearing I meant that may be how he perceives it. I assumed the question mark and wording would convey that, sorry.

You are fine. Don't worry I fully understand. You know how things can get taken wrong on the interwebz...

The good news is if I volunteer I would probably never be seen by him. Especially if it's in the am before classes to watch out front.
:)

Thank you for helping to protect our children. It takes a strong person to carry in secret for years without telling a soul. Those kids won't know an angle is watching over them and hopefully will never have to find out.

Pull him out of school. Problem solved.
Not an option on this one. I homeschool my 10 year old but there are more reasons I can't do that right now with this kiddo.

Thank you for helping to protect our children. It takes a strong person to carry in secret for years without telling a soul. Those kids won't know an angle is watching over them and hopefully will never have to find out.
Soon, hasn't happened yet.

Disclosing would probably cause an anxiety or panic attack to the unionized employee. Cops would be called claiming "there's a man with a gun in here," whether that's true or not.

Morality and law protect your ability to carry in schools, when you have both of these, you shouldn't be concerned.

Conceal and don't tell anyone. If they ask either deny it or don't answer the question.

I've volunteered in many places without dislcosing anything. The law is on your side my friend. thank you for taking action in the protection of our children's lives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top