JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You are coming home with your family and as you pull up to your house you see the glass in the front door is broken. Do you:

Enter the house with your gun drawn?

Stay in the car and call 911?

Other?

I'd just like to know what other people would do.

Call my dog......if he doesn't come out of the house with blood on his snout from eating whoever broke in, pull back and call 911, then my closest neighbor (a retired sheriff) and wait. The only weapon in my house not kept in a safe is my daily carry weapon, and it will be on me.

Call my dog......if he doesn't come out of the house with blood on his snout from eating whoever broke in, pull back and call 911, then my closest neighbor (a retired sheriff) and wait. The only weapon in my house not kept in a safe is my daily carry weapon, and it will be on me.

Same here, if they don't come out. I would have my wife stay just far enough to see the house and would go around to the road behind my house and make sure if they leave I know what they look like and point the cops in the right direction.... At least thats what i hope i would do BUT i have gone in before. we took the dogs to the dog park and came home to the front door opened. i went in the door and said to the dogs "who's here" thats there sign to get pissed and start looking around for someone.

Picture581.jpg

Note: If you call the cops and you have dogs inside, they may make the first order of business to shoot your dogs. This is not intended to start a cop bashing theme so don't go there, just warning you in advance for the sake of your pooches that you might want to have some plan in advance concerning your furry pals

My answer to the OP question? It depends. I have all guns locked up but quite a few medieval and martial arts weapons displayed and I would not enjoy running into one of them point blank.. likely would back the wife away down the street if she were with me, and recon the back yard and maybe lay in wait for a bit to see if anyone exits. I do have two Rotties inside so a home break in is quite unlikely. I carry 24/7 and often have a tricked out Mini 14 in the trunk/lockbox

A friend saw a Pierce Co sheriff shoot a neighbors dog.He went to the front porch,the dog came from the side and he just shot it.It was a Rot
My friend and his lawyer buddy took the dog to the vet in his Benz.Yeah it was bleeding good.

Man I don't know.I don't carry all the time,so they may have my gun.I would have to wait
But my neighbor would probably had already call 911 and they'd be there before me.

If I had the gun with me,I would probably wait outside the door for them.
But I would use a club instead.

Why put your family or yourself in danger when you could simply watch and report the facts to LEO when they arrive ? Home invasion when you are there is one thing - you have every right to protect yourself when you are in peril , but I bet the courts would take a different view if you knowingly put yourself in danger to protect "stuff". Carrying a weapon is not license to become a cowboy unless you are in danger or someone else is . The temptation to go all rambo on some bubble gummer crook is certainly there , but you could end up doing time along with the tweaker that was trying to steal your tv

In a castle doctrine state it means just that.. it's your castle and you can defend it either way. Is that the smart thing to do? Maybe not..

I also do not agree with the automatic assumption that it's only the TV they may want. It could be they broke in while in a high condition, and are within waiting for your wife or daughter to come home. This was one main reason I bought our first Rottie and had him professionally protection trained down in the madhouse called Sacramento, CA. My wife came home before me every work day, and with our big bad 125 lb male Rottie to greet her in the entrance window, she knew no other things were alive inside except for the cat

I have two lhasa's and a saint. They are about as protection oriented as a couple handicapped teddy bears. Even being 150 lbs the saint would rather lick you and sit on your lap than bite you, and the lhasa's are perfect soccer balls....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top