JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Call 911.

Then go next door and grab the detective to enter the house with me.

I'm glad he got promoted and all, but it was way nicer when he was just a sheriff and the car was out front as a deterrent. (now he drives and unmarked) :s0114:

Back off and call 911.

To the other good points, I'd add that the cops may already be on the way, especially if you're in an urban or suburban neighborhood where your neighbors might have called. When they arrive and they don't know who is in the house and you don't know it's them, well, there's a lot of ways I could see that playing out--and some of them don't end so well.

Your family's already safe and that's what counts.

A few years ago my gf and I went to the store and came back home and the door was open. The house door was old and it had the habit of not stying locked or something (dumb lol). So when we got home and saw the door open I immediately reached for my gun and entered the house. I announced that I am armed and that if anyone is in the house they should come out with their hands up. I began to clear the house and no one was there.
Now that I look back, I should have just backed off and called the cops but I guess I felt like THE MAN and felt obligated to protect and look macho in front of my gf. Knowing what could have happened.... just back off and call the cops.

Call 911. Retreat to the end of the 300' driveway and park across it. Leave the car and walk to the neighbor's place. There's no other way out by vehicle and from the neighbor's place all exits are visible.

I live in an apartment, so I would be walking down a hallway. I think I would walk by, look in, and keep walking, call 911. Or at least that is what I hope I would do. Now, if I walk up to my door and the perp walks out, can't say.

Back up out of the driveway down the road (within view if I can) and call 911. If there's no threat to myself or anyone else, I'm going to let the police take care of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top