JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Good afternoon everyone. I just wanted to let everyone here know that I've been scammed by a person who goes by Rugerlover. His name is (mod deleted, doxing). I paid for an AR on July 19, 2022. He claimed to sent the gun to another FFL in another state that had a similar name to the FFL dealer that I use. I gave him the address of my FFL dealer in Texas and he claimed that his secretary accidentally sent it to another FFL in New Jersey. I called the people in New Jersey and they said they never received the any gun from him. If you have any suggestions as what I can do, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you buy from GunBroker or something similar? If not, depending on how you paid, you might be able to reverse a CC transaction. Otherwise, you're SOL.

Did you buy from GunBroker or something similar? If not, depending on how you paid, you might be able to reverse a CC transaction. Otherwise, you're SOL.
It was from a private seller. I sent him the funds after I checked his status. He had good reviews from multiple people from NWF and seemed like an alright kinda guy when I spoke to him.

When was the last time you spoke to @rugerlover? It's possible that it is a miscommunication issue, but it's also possible that you did get scammed. @rugerlover has been around for a while, and has a significant amount of positive reviews.

If you did get scammed, your only recourse is negative feedback since @rugerlover is a member of this board.

There is a sticky on here regarding not getting scammed, one of the main points is always deal face to face. For me personally, I have a threshold for what I'm willing to lose if someone has a gun I want.

Last Edited:
Yea that sucks.

If I absolutely had to buy a gun private sale in or out of state I would not pay for it until the FFL being shipped from had confirmed they had it in had with the correct address and money for the ship.

Hindsight and all I know…

He was last here at 9:02 this morning. Tell him that you would like a refund since it was his fault, and then decide if you want to try again when he gets the rifle back.

He was last here at 9:02 this morning. Tell him that you would like a refund since it was his fault, and then decide if you want to try again when he gets the rifle back.
I've sent him messages through NWF and he won't respond. I think he even blocked my calls because when I call him, it goes straight to voicemail.

Just a thought: If the FFLs have a FedEx account maybe they can pull a history that "may" show packages that were sent to them from Vancouver.

Just a thought: If the FFLs have a FedEx account maybe they can pull a history that "may" show packages that were sent to them from Vancouver.
According to the seller, he told me where they sent the gun and after they realized where they sent it to, he claimed that they sent it back to him and was going to ship it to my FFL. So this morning, I was in contact with the people where he claimed he sent it to and they did not receive a gun from him or much less return it to him. That's when I realized that I've been scammed and was just given the runaround.

Did someone hack into Rugerlover's account, so that it is not even the real member corresponding with you? That happened recently on another gun forum. People who had good feedback but weak passwords had not been online in a while. Scammers got into their accounts and sold a bunch of non existent items before anyone realized it.

Did someone hack into Rugerlover's account, so that it is not even the real member corresponding with you? That happened recently on another gun forum. People who had good feedback but weak passwords had not been online in a while. Scammers got into their accounts and sold a bunch of non existent items before anyone realized it.
I'd hope if that was the case he would have reached out or posted here by now. I know he has access to his account here.

Let's do this the right way.

@Joe Link

Locked until Joe can look into this. No need for more speculation or possibly tarnishing someone's rep without justification.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews