JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah yes……

Just another stupid idea.

"You will own nothing and be happy."

"We are from the government and we are here to help."

Americans definitely aren't getting any smarter. But that's exactly what the politicians want. Your money. Your vote. Your acceptance. They want power. They want to own you. It amazes me how many just jump right on board at the idea of "free" money.

How about get off the couch. Don't be a worthless bag of a$$ and go get a job. Live within your means. That means spend less than you make. It's really not a hard concept.

It's easier to just live off the government's tit though. Americans are soft. I can't wait for what's coming. You think these are hard times. Just wait. And you can thank all the weak men for what they have produced.

You would get it as well, so maybe you wouldn't need to work 6 days a week.

I highly doubt it.
Even when I was very young I've never qualified for government aid. (EBT).
I desperately tried. I was told I "made too much".. a 40 hour work week yielded enough for rent, my primary bills and the insurance on my vehicle.. After being denied I vividly remember the agent "helping" me that if I had kids I'd be eligible for substantially more.

I ended up getting food from shelters and churches until I got a second job and got out of the situation I was in. I earned every cent I made, I worked those two jobs for roughly 5.5+ years.

I have little to no tolerance for UBI nonsense. Everyone I've seen championing for it are always the types I see abuse said assistance programs or have the most entitled mindsets.
That extra $1k would just be further taxed from me.

Handing out "free" money simply devalues money in general.
My favorite is when people think it's "free."

Same goes for those stupid stimulus checks.

It's not "free." It simply the government giving you back money that they stole from you in the first place. Now sure, I know people who got checks that don't work, don't pay taxes, and just live off the system. It may be "free" to them but it cost me and you (us).

You're welcome.

I guess.

I knew a person I went to school with who was all for this UBI malarkey. She was saying things like no one should have to work to be able to survive and make money, some people aren't "made" to work etc. I knew she wasn't talking of people with medical issues or other legitimate reasons why someone couldn't work, even with reasonable accommodations etc. "Free" money my a**. Us working tax payers would end up paying for this BS.

You would get it as well, so maybe you wouldn't need to work 6 days a week.

No, this isnt the same as UBI. Nobody would get the $1000 except the homeless under this bill.

This is literally taxing the "rich" to give to the poor.

Portlands homeless community has exploded because we are literally inviting them here. We also build tiny home communities for them. Im not saying we shouldnt help people, but you cant fix homelesness by giving people free money.

Finally, a legislative measure that will produce tangible results.
This will greatly reduce the number of homeless camping on the streets.
Upon receipt of the $1,000.00 they will run down the street and score a huge amount of drugs and OD.
Problem solved.
EXACTLY what I said to my wife the day that I first heard of this!

Handing out "free" money simply devalues money in general.
It also devalues one's dignity.

No, this isnt the same as UBI. Nobody would get the $1000 except the homeless under this bill.

This is literally taxing the "rich" to give to the poor.

Portlands homeless community has exploded because we are literally inviting them here. We also build tiny home communities for them. Im not saying we shouldnt help people, but you cant fix homelesness by giving people free money.
I wasn't the first or the last one to use UBI in this conversation but FWIW, sure, the PDX program isn't UBI, but also none of this conversation comports with Rule # 2, so :s0092:

I wasn't the first or the last one to use UBI in this conversation but FWIW, sure, the PDX program isn't UBI, but also none of this conversation comports with Rule # 2, so :s0092:
Supposedly there is a small link to gun rights as one of the supporters of the bill wants to use her $1000 income to fund her efforts to reduce "gun violence" (see the OP).

Supposedly there is a small link to gun rights as one of the supporters of the bill wants to use her $1000 income to fund her efforts to reduce "gun violence" (see the OP).
If I get a "free" $1000 dollar check how many hipoints can I buy to distribute to the local gang bangers?

ComputerMagnifier.jpeg

I assume a condition to receive the $1K per month is to show proof that your voter registration is Democrat / "Working Families".

Also wonder whether the IRS is going to consider that taxable income?

Seems like money would be better spent expanding mental health and addiction facilities. Isn't Oregon towards the bottom in the nation in that regard? Oregon is so screwed up.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top