JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I assume a condition to receive the $1K per month is to show proof that your voter registration is Democrat / "Working Families".

Also wonder whether the IRS is going to consider that taxable income?

Seems like money would be better spent expanding mental health and addiction facilities. Isn't Oregon towards the bottom in the nation in that regard? Oregon is so screwed up.
Oregon is f-cked

They made drugs legal. Why should we as tax payers fund addiction facilities? Funding a "solution" for a problem that has been legalized and encouraged.

Talk about a self licking ice cream cone.

So are the loans corporate America gets tax breaks and corporate welfare. But you ok with that because they call them selves conservative??
'Tax breaks' and welfare aren't the same. Not collecting taxes is not the equivalent of handing someone money that they had no part in earning.

If I make $100,000 a year and the government says for whatever reason "this year because of X reason we are going to take/steal less in taxes, it's not even remotely the same as the government handing me money that was taken/stolen from someone else and redistributed to me.

The state often will look at a business and decide that their total economic impact is far greater than whatever tax they may have taken and decide they'd rather not kill the golden goose. That is, again, entirely different than giving people money for nothing.

Oregon is f-cked

They made drugs legal. Why should we as tax payers fund addiction facilities? Funding a "solution" for a problem that has been legalized and encouraged.

True, but since I thnk the majority of the homeless in Oregon are addicts and/or suffer mental health issues, or have zero incentive to transition to housing, throwing $1K per month at them isn't going to do anything except let them do more "Fun-tanyl". Nonstop party in Oregon apparently

Oregon is f-cked

Decriminalized, not "legalized", and because it's cheaper than incarceration, but I recognize that not everyone wants their tax money spent the same as everyone else

True, but since I thnk the majority of the homeless in Oregon are addicts and/or suffer mental health issues, or have zero incentive to transition to housing, throwing $1K per month at them isn't going to do anything except let them do more "Fun-tanyl". Nonstop party in Oregon apparently
You mean they aren't gunna be responsible with the $1000.00…….

Who would have thought. These are the same individuals who use Oregon trail cards to go buy cases of water simply to dump them in the parking lot so they can get cash from the deposit to buy their next fix.

You mean they aren't gunna be responsible with the $1000.00…….

Who would have thought. These are the same individuals who use Oregon trail cards to go buy cases of water simply to dump them in the parking lot so they can get cash from the deposit to buy their next fix.
That's quite the racket. Don't let too many people in Salem know about that, or else they'll vote to raise the bottle deposit from 10 cents to 25 cents.

Decriminalized, not "legalized", and because it's cheaper than incarceration, but I recognize that not everyone wants their tax money spent the same as everyone else
Decriminalized - legalized. Same thing.

Yea you get a $100.00 dollar fine that you don't have to pay. Sounds legal to me. If you're not getting hooked up for the crime and LE actively turns a blind eye or has their hands tied then it's become legal. Call it what you want. It's just another name to make people feel good.

Drugs in Oregon aren't legal! They just aren't a criminal offense anymore….. sounds like if there is no consequence then it has become legal. Legalistic terms mean nothing. Actions do.

That's quite the racket. Don't let too many people in Salem know about that, or else they'll vote to raise the bottle deposit from 10 cents to 25 cents.
Well we are trying to bump minimum wage so why not. Cause apparently working at Mac Donald's is supposed to be a life long career.

Dear OR Legislators,

I have an addiction. I like/love to purchase guns and ammo.

If, I were given the $1000 a month.......It would greatly help, to supply me with ammo for my modest collection. And maybe even, fund a new purchase. Hey.....it's my 2nd Amendment RIGHT. It's notable that currently, I don't see the Govt stepping in to provide me with firearms and/or ammo to exercise that RIGHT. I'm only asking to CORRECT that "Problem" of the obvious inequity I'm currently facing.

The OR legislature could do much, to correct and give all Americans hope (about our 2nd Amend RIGHT that has been historically overlooked).

Thank You for Listening,
Aloha, Mark

PS........Not really an Oregonian. But, I could be. Just by setting up a tent on your sidewalk.

Last Edited:
What is hard for me to wrap my head around is that the progressives pushing this have to be aware of this fact. Yet they choose to give cash with no strings attached in lieu of housing or food vouchers. I guess they choose to now fund the drug habits in the sprit of equality, inclusion and diversity.

What is hard for me to wrap my head around is that the progressives pushing this have to be aware of this fact. Yet they choose to give cash with no strings attached in lieu of housing or food vouchers. I guess they choose to now fund the drug habits in the name of equality, inclusion and diversity.
It gets them that vote! And that's all they care about. Power.

Decriminalized - legalized. Same thing.

Yea you get a $100.00 dollar fine that you don't have to pay. Sounds legal to me. If you're not getting hooked up for the crime and LE actively turns a blind eye or has their hands tied then it's become legal. Call it what you want. It's just another name to make people feel good.

Drugs in Oregon aren't legal! They just aren't a criminal offense anymore….. sounds like if there is no consequence then it has become legal. Legalistic terms mean nothing. Actions do.
This is the game the left plays. "Crime is down"

No its not, it's way up, but because of their terrible policies they no longer prosecute it, so police stop arresting people for it, so then people just stop calling about it because they know nothing will be done.

People openly crapping on the sidewalks, leaving hazardous amounts of garbage everywhere they camp and doing drugs openly in downtown Seattle has been a development within my short'ish lifetime.

Portland just seems further along.

My name is Laurie Palmer and I live in Portland Oregon. I am an Oregon renter submitting testimony in favor of SB 603. Guaranteed income is a way to recognize everyone's inherent dignity, it provides agency and increased opportunity I am a mother, grandmother, survivor of gun violence, foster parent and community activist against gun violence. All these titles are very stressful and sometimes challenging positions that need extra finances to help ease the lack of finances. An extra $1,000 a month would help me get my business up and running also help with gas money for outreach to communities affected by violence. l Thank you for hearing this important bill and for considering my testimony. I hope you will listen to people like me and vote yes on SB 603.
Dignity is defined by Oxford dictionary as "the state or quality of being worthy of honor or respect". Handing someone a check for doing nothing erodes their dignity and self-worth because they did nothing to earn it and are now beholden to the state. Earning is important because it helps people associate true cost (in time and energy) with the value of their money. A person who is simply given money without earning it in some way will have a harder time making sound financial decisions with it. There is no sense of ownership or pride associated with something one expended no time or energy to acquire.

If this was a program that offered to pay people to do simple jobs, I would be all for it because that person would be earning the paycheck. As it stands this sounds like a way to enable politicians to put their folks on the state's payroll. No bueno.

If this was a program that offered to pay people to do simple jobs, I would be all for it because that person would be earning the paycheck. As it stands this sounds like a way to enable politicians to put their folks on the state's payroll. No bueno.
$1000/mo for a homeless person to clean up homeless camps would be worth considering. But then youd be labeled a greedy capitalist, common sense is out the window these days.

You can't give something to someone who didn't earn it without taking from someone who earned it, but doesn't get it.

How about everyone keeps their own stuff and pay their own way?

Bleeding heart liberal.
You wouldn't think this bill has anything to do with firearm legislation, but it does.
Here is the testimony of one who supports this handout. - This is public information

Submitter: Laurie Palmer On Behalf Of: Committee: Senate Committee On Housing and Development Measure: SB603 Date: March 1, 2023 TO: Chair Jama, Vice-Chair Anderson, and Members of the Committee,
My name is Laurie Palmer and I live in Portland Oregon. I am an Oregon renter submitting testimony in favor of SB 603. Guaranteed income is a way to recognize everyone's inherent dignity, it provides agency and increased opportunity I am a mother, grandmother, survivor of gun violence, foster parent and community activist against gun violence. All these titles are very stressful and sometimes challenging positions that need extra finances to help ease the lack of finances. An extra $1,000 a month would help me get my business up and running also help with gas money for outreach to communities affected by violence. l Thank you for hearing this important bill and for considering my testimony. I hope you will listen to people like me and vote yes on SB 603.
Thirty-five years in law enforcement...I never met a violent gun...only violent people

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top