JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just wrote my piece of sh!t rep:

Representative Barton,

To say I'm disappointed at your support of SB941 is a vast understatement. Today, you have sold out Oregon gun owners to outside interests and outside money. You refused to let the people of Oregon and your district have a say via referendum. You and your colleagues in support of SB941 refused any reasonable request to provide re-works of this flawed bill. You and your colleagues refused to allow exceptions to CHL holders or Class 03 FFL holders. I'm beyond disappointed in you today.

Beyond being angry, my recourse is, unfortunately limited, but will include some or all of the following:

* If initiated, working for your recall
* Working against your re-election in the next election cycle should a recall not be initiated or fail
* Work for a ballot initiative to overturn this bill.

Honestly, how could you allow this to go forward without giving the people of Oregon a say? I think you know why, because if this was allowed a referendum, the people may speak against this. If it really were true that 80%+ of Oregonians are demanding this bill, I would think you would have wanted it in front of the voters to help drive your point home. That would have been the right thing to do, but you chose to stick with the party line, the line of outside money and interests.

I don't know what else to say. The legislative process has failed a lot of people today. I guess we'll have to channel our efforts into getting legislators and legislation in place that does represent our points of view.

The official final vote - the 'ayes' are the folks that need to be recalled or prevented from re-election in the next cycle - DO NOT FORGET THEIR NAMES! The ones you need to remember are in RED

Oh, and the lame brains that changed to "NO" after the fact, that's about as gutless as you can get - waiting to see if it passes, then trying to throw a bone. I hope they get recalled too.

Third reading. Carried by Williamson. Passed.Ayes, 32; Nays, 28--Barker, Barreto, Bentz, Buehler, Davis, Esquivel, Gilliam, Hack, Hayden, Heard, Huffman, Johnson, Kennemer, Krieger, McKeown, McLane, Nearman, Olson, Parrish, Post, Smith, Sprenger, Stark, Weidner, Whisnant, Whitsett, Wilson, Witt.
Vote:
  • Hoyle Aye
  • McLane Nay
  • Barker Nay
  • Barnhart Aye
  • Barreto Nay
  • Barton Aye
  • Bentz Nay
  • Boone Aye
  • Buckley Aye
  • Buehler Nay
  • Clem Aye
  • Davis Nay
  • Doherty Aye
  • Esquivel Nay
  • Evans Aye
  • Fagan Aye
  • Frederick Aye
  • Gallegos Aye
  • Gilliam Nay
  • Gomberg Aye
  • Gorsek Aye
  • Greenlick Aye
  • Hack Nay
  • Hayden Nay
  • Heard Nay
  • Helm Aye
  • Holvey Aye
  • Huffman Nay
  • Johnson Nay
  • Kennemer Nay
  • Keny-Guyer Aye
  • Komp Aye
  • Krieger Nay
  • Lininger Aye
  • Lively Aye
  • McKeown Nay
  • McLain Aye
  • Nathanson Aye
  • Nearman Nay
  • Nosse Aye
  • Olson Nay
  • Parrish Nay
  • Piluso Aye
  • Post Nay
  • Rayfield Aye
  • Read Aye
  • Reardon Aye
  • Smith Nay
  • Smith Warner Aye
  • SprengerNay
  • Stark Nay
  • Taylor Aye
  • Vega Pederson Aye
  • Weidner Nay
  • Whisnant Nay
  • Whitsett Nay
  • Williamson Aye
  • Wilson Nay (BUT VOTED AYE FIRST TO HELP IT PASS)
  • Witt Nay
  • Speaker Kotek

Last Edited:
I guess i posted in the wrong place, or it was pulled, so, This IS THE most SHAMEFUL thing the state of oregon could do to legal firearm holders. If i could, i would move this day to another state, a more "FREE" state as far as gun laws go. This state has tipped to the left wing liberal so far, its about to fall apart. This ''emergency'' could actually come back to bite them in the butt. this sums it

''Democracy: is ruled by the omnipotent majority. In a Democracy, an individual, and any group of individuals composing any minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of the majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man.. We just experienced this.

Rep Carl Wilson might have honestly screwed up as he spoke against the Bill a lot then Voted Aye. Aftewards he changed it.
That would have really sucked if the Votes were closer! What a major screwup that would have been and I'm sure if it changed the outcome Kotek wouldn't have allowed it.

The official final vote - the 'ayes' are the folks that need to be recalled or prevented from re-election in the next cycle - DO NOT FORGET THEIR NAMES! The ones you need to remember are in RED

Oh, and the lame brains that changed to "NO" after the fact, that's about as gutless as you can get - waiting to see if it passes, then trying to throw a bone. I hope they get recalled too.

Third reading. Carried by Williamson. Passed.Ayes, 32; Nays, 28--Barker, Barreto, Bentz, Buehler, Davis, Esquivel, Gilliam, Hack, Hayden, Heard, Huffman, Johnson, Kennemer, Krieger, McKeown, McLane, Nearman, Olson, Parrish, Post, Smith, Sprenger, Stark, Weidner, Whisnant, Whitsett, Wilson, Witt.
Vote:
  • Hoyle Aye
  • McLane Nay
  • Barker Nay
  • Barnhart Aye
  • Barreto Nay
  • Barton Aye
  • Bentz Nay
  • Boone Aye
  • Buckley Aye
  • Buehler Nay
  • Clem Aye
  • Davis Nay
  • Doherty Aye
  • Esquivel Nay
  • Evans Aye
  • Fagan Aye
  • Frederick Aye
  • Gallegos Aye
  • Gilliam Nay
  • Gomberg Aye
  • Gorsek Aye
  • Greenlick Aye
  • Hack Nay
  • Hayden Nay
  • Heard Nay
  • Helm Aye
  • Holvey Aye
  • Huffman Nay
  • Johnson Nay
  • Kennemer Nay
  • Keny-Guyer Aye
  • Komp Aye
  • Krieger Nay
  • Lininger Aye
  • Lively Aye
  • McKeown Nay
  • McLain Aye
  • Nathanson Aye
  • Nearman Nay
  • Nosse Aye
  • Olson Nay
  • Parrish Nay
  • Piluso Aye
  • Post Nay
  • Rayfield Aye
  • Read Aye
  • Reardon Aye
  • Smith Nay
  • Smith Warner Aye
  • SprengerNay
  • Stark Nay
  • Taylor Aye
  • Vega Pederson Aye
  • Weidner Nay
  • Whisnant Nay
  • Whitsett Nay
  • Williamson Aye
  • Wilson Nay
  • Witt Nay
  • Speaker Kotek

Wilson should be remembered for YES vote.

This is my first post here. As far as the vote is concerned, some of the Democrats like McKeown who voted no on the final bill are still not our friends. She only voted no because of the earful she got from gun owners at the Town Hall meeting in Coos Bay last month. If you look at the votes to delay indefinitely or remove the emergency clause, she voted against all of them. If there is anyone here from Coos County, we need to organize a public civil disobedeience of this law as soon as it is signed by the governor. The state police need to be given the same line is the sand they were given last year in Washington, "Arrest us or leave us alone".

The same can be said about R label when they behave in the same manner. The root problem is people's belief in authority; see The Most Dangerous Superstition. The problem is both D and R and whatever label, they all screw everyone. There are boundless examples of party X vying to control the One Ring To Rule Them All. How about eliminating the Ring?
How about you keep your eye on the ball here.
We are talking about a single issue and a single bill, and a single party that overwhelmingly voted away your rights after taking large amounts of cash from a political mega-donor that believes the United States should be governed like the city-state of New York.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Democrats are the party of gun control and gun registration in the state of Oregon, and their efforts are being funded by Michael Bloomberg.
Obfuscation doesn't help here. This needs to be stopped, or the recipients of Bloomberg's ca$h need to be recalled.

Last Edited:
If there is anyone here from Coos County, we need to organize a public civil disobedeience of this law as soon as it is signed by the governor. The state police need to be given the same line is the sand they were given last year in Washington, "Arrest us or leave us alone".

Maybe people stand in a big circle and pass their guns to the person on the left until their personal firearm comes back to them? Look at all those transfers happening. ;-)

Maybe people stand in a big circle and pass their guns to the person on the left until their personal firearm comes back to them? Look at all those transfers happening. ;-)

That's part of the idea. Temporary transfers, real sales or anything that violates their precious law. If anyone is a member of Coos Private Gun Sales on Facebook, I've made a post there you can reply to if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CoosPrivateGunSales/permalink/821033944618386/

I'll gather as many names as I can and organize it myself if I have to, or we can all join together if another group gets it started before I do.

If i could, i would move this day to another state

Running is not the solution. You can run, only to leave your friends behind, and Bloomberg to catch up once you run out of breathe. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not calling you out at all.

I'm saying that we need to stand up as Oregonians and fix the problem here. If we fix things here, we prove to those is places worse than we have it here, that the people that attack our rights are not to be feared. If we simply pack up and leave, all we do is give them what they want.

I have grown up in Oregon. I was born here, I went to college here, every job I've had has been here.
I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to tell Bloomberg's cronies they can take Oregon for good.

That's part of the idea. Temporary transfers, real sales or anything that violates their precious law. If anyone is a member of Coos Private Gun Sales on Facebook, I've made a post there you can reply to if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CoosPrivateGunSales/permalink/821033944618386/

I'll gather as many names as I can and organize it myself if I have to, or we can all join together if another group gets it started before I do.

Maybe something like this

http://townhall.com/columnists/rach...s-i594--in-front-of-police-n1931759/page/full

Is there anyone on NWFA in house district 40 Brent Barton's district besides me? I'm going to the library to print out the Recall forms, I'd like to meet up for coffee or something and talk over the game plan. I'm in the middle of getting a new mobile phone and pay off some backed debt so this isn't really the best time for this bullsh!t but murphies fkng law these assjole's...... Life has a way of presenting challenges precisely at challenging times.
I want to discuss recall efforts on Brent Barton, I work in milwaukie 99E area and and the top of district 40, I'm off at 3:30pm M-F, I still need to call local business to see who's onboard.

I think we tried hard guys I really do, I know I wrote about 20 letters and sent them out about 40 times and called and left dozens of messages and spoke with assistants, but they had their minds made up. I wish I could have gotten Brent Barton's recall going before the decision, I was hoping he would vote no, what a croc of sh!t.

We need to find Chief Petitioners in every district who's representative forfeit their oath of office on this foundational issue vote, we need to back up those Chief Petitioners with signature gatherers and support from businesses if possible.

25,180 votes cast in 2014 for Governor in House district 40, we need 15% of that number in signatures, comes to 3,777 signatures plus the safety buffer, we need 6000 signatures if not more to fire Brent Barton from his position of trust, and send him packing licking his wounded character for the next 20 years as he fails to get elected anywhere.

Like I said, I'm without a phone I just cancelled it and it finally ran out today I'm planning on getting a TracFone type phone shortly. If anyone is in district 40 and willing to rally forces to get this done PM me, for now I'm going to go print the recall forms and read through them.

Is there anyone on NWFA in house district 40 Brent Barton's district besides me? I'm going to the library to print out the Recall forms, I'd like to meet up for coffee or something and talk over the game plan. I'm in the middle of getting a new mobile phone and pay off some backed debt so this isn't really the best time for this bullsh!t but murphies fkng law these assjole's...... Life has a way of presenting challenges precisely at challenging times.
I want to discuss recall efforts on Brent Barton, I work in milwaukie 99E area and and the top of district 40, I'm off at 3:30pm M-F, I still need to call local business to see who's onboard.

I think we tried hard guys I really do, I know I wrote about 20 letters and sent them out about 40 times and called and left dozens of messages and spoke with assistants, but they had their minds made up. I wish I could have gotten Brent Barton's recall going before the decision, I was hoping he would vote no, what a croc of sh!t.

We need to find Chief Petitioners in every district who's representative forfeit their oath of office on this foundational issue vote, we need to back up those Chief Petitioners with signature gatherers and support from businesses if possible.

25,180 votes cast in 2014 for Governor in House district 40, we need 15% of that number in signatures, comes to 3,777 signatures plus the safety buffer, we need 6000 signatures if not more to fire Brent Barton from his position of trust, and send him packing licking his wounded character for the next 20 years as he fails to get elected anywhere.

Like I said, I'm without a phone I just cancelled it and it finally ran out today I'm planning on getting a TracFone type phone shortly. If anyone is in district 40 and willing to rally forces to get this done PM me, for now I'm going to go print the recall forms and read through them.

I'm in his district. I can help up to a point, work takes a lot of my time. I'm heading out the door for an event tonight, I'll send you a PM by tomorrow to chat.

Kinda hard to do since no new bills are now being introduced. It's going to the governors desk, NOT back to committee to be reworked.
Right, so what was he talking about? Can amendments be made to a Law? I assume they can. Or a new Bill with a lending fix.....
The Rep spoke at the very end and said he had missed the vote because of an airplane or something??
Wish I knew who he was and what he was talking about.

Two different McLain's. One male, one female is my understanding.

Good McLane :D
member_photo.jpg Representative Mike McLane
Republican - District 55 - Powell Butte
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1400
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE, H-395, Salem, Oregon 97301
Email: [email protected]

Bad McLain :mad:
member_photo.jpg Representative Susan McLain
Democrat - District 29 - Hillsboro
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1429
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE, H-376, Salem, Oregon 97301
Email: [email protected]