JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a Democrat, and I think this is stupid to the point of nearly evil. I mean, REALLY.
So.....have you seen the LIGHT and plan to vote differently now?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....you don't have to tell the world how and/or for whom you voted for.
It's enough that you vote correctly. LOL.

This is so dishonest and underhanded. They know exactly what they are doing. This isn't about safety, it's about control. Lying and tweaking things to force their way.. that is not right. Evil people, Truly evil people.

This legislation would require enhanced background by FBI to get a permit to purchase and require FBI to send back finger prints. I believe the FBI said they are not going to do these types of background checks and they certainly are not going to agree to send back the fingerprints.
Agreed, so far as I know, the state has no authority to impose requirements on the FBI.

I always suspected the so called Portland "faith misleaders" that supposedly wrote 114, were colluding with the Oregon regressive Marxist democrats. 348 pretty we'll removes all doubt,,,

Something about this word in the context of a right is incompatible.....
1679859682309.png

This bill seems to provide everything Measure 114 wanted and then some. As a legislative bill it seems to me it would stand on it's own and not need Measure 114 to exist?
It starts out with
"SECTION 1. (1) Section 1, chapter 1, Oregon Laws 2023 (Ballot
Measure 114 (2022)), is repealed.
"(2) Section 10, chapter 1, Oregon Laws 2023 (Ballot Measure 114
(2022)), is repealed.
They could have stopped at
SECTION 1. (1) Oregon Laws 2023 (Ballot Measure 114 (2022)), is repealed.
(2) Have a nice day!
But I guess they can't do that.

In some ways, one might consider Measure 114 as a 'pre-referendum' on (some of) the content of the bill.

Where do you find this bill? Everywhere I looked I only see the original placeholder "bait" bill which is only one paragraph. Where do I find the "switch" bill in this bait-and-switch attempt?

This is the part I REALLY fail to understand:

"(B) An active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United
States as defined in ORS 352.313 and presents valid identification

Why is an active duty member of the Armed Forces exempt from the permit and training requirements?

If an AD military member is buying a gun it is for personal reasons and therefore they should be in the same category as the rest of us, UNLESS this is to provide an exemption if the servicemember is from a State where nothing like this law applies as a way for them to buy guns in a similar manner as their state?

Maybe I am missing something but I don't see any other rational for them being exempt.

Why is an active duty member of the Armed Forces exempt from the permit and training requirements?

If an AD military member is buying a gun it is for personal reasons and therefore they should be in the same category as the rest of us, UNLESS this is to provide an exemption if the servicemember is from a State where nothing like this law applies as a way for them to buy guns in a similar manner as their state?

Maybe I am missing something but I don't see any other rational for them being exempt.
They might need that military soon. Best not overly piss them off any more than they already have.

Exactly. Same should be applied for anyone who has "education and training".. what I'm getting at is CHL exemption. If they are listing law enforcement and military as exempt then it could be argued in court that the CHL holders are exempt as well. I'd assume any competent lawyer could mount a very solid case.. sadly it just takes time and money.

A Supermajority vote is required in Oregon to pass bills related to revenue (taxes). All other legislation can be passed with a simple majority. Republicans picked up enough seats to break the automatic supermajority the Democrats had but they are still badly outnumbered and don't have enough votes to shut down the dems if both vote party lines, unless they walk out. I believe that is the current situation anyway..

A Supermajority vote is required in Oregon to pass bills related to revenue (taxes). All other legislation can be passed with a simple majority. Republicans picked up enough seats to break the automatic supermajority the Democrats had but they are still badly outnumbered and don't have enough votes to shut down the dems if both vote party lines, unless they walk out. I believe that is the current situation anyway..
Are the fees in SB 348 considered a tax for super majority requirement purposes?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top