JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did, in fact, answer part of the question. I have not spoken to a defense attorney about this particular situation so I did not attempt to address the second point you began to discuss. Others have also answered in their own way.

In truth I believe that you're seeking direct advice from someone who has
1) Been a lawyer in such a case
2) Been the defendant in such a case
3) Spoken to a lawyer ahead of time about such a case
4) Been a second party(wife/husband) and partially involved in such a case.
Since the other part has been answered in many different ways with similar intent I can only surmise that the first portion of the query isn't as important you.

I am in no way trying to start a pissing match. However, I was not really asking for advice. I was more posing a question to see if others had thought through a situation. Just a situation where you, the shooter, has to call the police (or your attorney) to report the shooting. I will speak to an attorney about it. I am certainly not seeking legal advice from anyone on here that does not have Esq. behind their name. Even then, if they are not in my state or would not be willing to go to court for me, I have no interest in that advise either.

I think it comes down to anyone who caries, open or concealed, should consult with an attorney prior to doing so. We always say, I would rather have a gun and not need it than not have one and need it. I think the same would go for an attorney.

Having "recently" gone through Woodburn's Citizen's Police Acadamy (as well as MP school in the Army), you will go through EXACTLY what any LEO does after any "use of force" is employed. You are resposible and liable for every single round you send down range, just like any LEO... you have to satisfy the requirements for the use of deadly force, just like that Dutch Bros. employee did when he punched that robber's ticket. The threat of physical injury, serious physical injury, or death MUST exhibit #1-Intent, #2-Means, #3-Opportunity... satisfy that if/when you use deadly force and you'll be fine, just like the LEO's have to do it.

Having "recently" gone through Woodburn's Citizen's Police Acadamy (as well as MP school in the Army), you will go through EXACTLY what any LEO does after any "use of force" is employed. You are resposible and liable for every single round you send down range, just like any LEO... you have to satisfy the requirements for the use of deadly force, just like that Dutch Bros. employee did when he punched that robber's ticket. The threat of physical injury, serious physical injury, or death MUST exhibit #1-Intent, #2-Means, #3-Opportunity... satisfy that if/when you use deadly force and you'll be fine, just like the LEO's have to do it.

Thank you for that information.

This is what I'm talking about. I'm smart enough to know if someone is trying to manipulate me into something. As stated in my earlier post, at that point I would end all communication.

Are you? You have killed someone and are still able to think normal?
It didn't bother you enough to be distracting?

This is why that video was made.YOU THINK you are smart or perceptive enough to know when someone is trying to manipulate you,until all that adrenaline is pumping.

Thatwas the whole point of the people making that video.So those that think they wouls
d be all "smart enough and cool enough" would know what to do.

I don't think most of us are there,unless of course we have in fact taken a life.

Are you? You have killed someone and are still able to think normal?
It didn't bother you enough to be distracting?

This is why that video was made.YOU THINK you are smart or perceptive enough to know when someone is trying to manipulate you,until all that adrenaline is pumping.

Thatwas the whole point of the people making that video.So those that think they wouls
d be all "smart enough and cool enough" would know what to do.

I don't think most of us are there,unless of course we have in fact taken a life.

I've been interrogated by a detective a long time ago. I was working my way through college in one of those self serve gas stations and one of my coworkers ripped off the money from the safe. I knew nothing about it, but got a call from the police asking me to come in - they would not say what it was about. You have to experience it for yourself to see the kinds of pressure these guys put on. I remember thinking that some people might admit to whatever just to make it stop. That interrogation was because of a theft of few hundred bucks, I can only imagine if someone was killed.

I find it sad that so many seem to wish they could have a reason to kill. Or the opportunity. I think having to shoot and kill someone would be a horrific experience and I am thankful that the chance of me having to do that are about .0001% (pre-SHTF anyway).

That being said I agree with BKB0000 that if my life is threatened significantly and I pull a gun I am going to attempt to use the skills I have acquired to the best of my abilities. I am going to kill/stop the threat if at all possible.

I'd call 911 and say "I am at (address) and there has been a self-defense shooting. There are no current threats here. I am wearing ####." (so the cops know I am the one who called).

Then I hang up on 911 and don't answer if they call back. Nothing to be gained by being recorded further.

Then the only thing I say to the cops is "I need to speak to my attorney before making any statement to protect my rights"

You have to experience it for yourself to see the kinds of pressure these guys put on.

They are professionals. We are not. An innocent person has nothing to gain by speaking to the police. Pride gets in the way and screws over the average naive person.

There are people in jail for life because they couldn't just shut up. Martha Stewart wouldn't have gone to jail if she would have just shut her mouth. That mom that killed her daughter that was in the news wouldn't have even gone to trial if she never talked to cops. In fact, the only thing they could convict her on was making false statements to police.

Cops are not your buddy, they aren't there to help you. They are there to catch/arrest/prob/ruin your life as best they can. That is just what they do, you don't have to hate them for it. Your best move is to avoid them, don't play their game, and shut the bubblegum up.

I've been interrogated by a detective a long time ago. I was working my way through college in one of those self serve gas stations and one of my coworkers ripped off the money from the safe. I knew nothing about it, but got a call from the police asking me to come in - they would not say what it was about. You have to experience it for yourself to see the kinds of pressure these guys put on. I remember thinking that some people might admit to whatever just to make it stop. That interrogation was because of a theft of few hundred bucks, I can only imagine if someone was killed.

I've been in the situation as well, over a couple rolls of copper wire that someone lifted when I was framing houses in Olympia/Lacey. They grilled my whole crew.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top