JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a barrel, bolt, and am now starting to look for the chassis, trigger and action.
Preference would be to have a detachable box magazine. Ideally would be AR-10 pattern, not Accuracy International (as that would be *another* magazine type).

Who would you recommend for the action? Tell me what I don't know about the various aftermarket folks.

Preferences for chassis?

What's wrong with AICS? You'll find lots of chassis options there........

There is nothing wrong with AICS. I currently have two .308 caliber magazine types. I have a Wyatt's DBM for my Rem-700, and the standard Mag-pul AR-10 magazines for my Ruger 6mm creedmore. I was hoping to have a Savage Action that accepted the Mag-Pul AR-10 magazines. Keeps it simple, and portable between items.

Do you have ideas on a chassis? Would like to hear your experience with it/them.

A bolt gun chassis that takes AR10 mags is gonna be rare.
Q makes rifles that run them but that's a complete system and not cheap

AICS mags are the standard for bolt gun mags.
Magpul makes AI type mags if you're ok with the limited COAL

I run a savage with a 260 barrel in an XLR element chassis.
It's been an excellent combination.
Been running it like this for quite a while.
5BE9ED8F-3DEE-4CCD-82E8-C0BBC8F91266.jpeg
Savage actions have their quirks but if you're looking for a cheap initial investment they're hard to beat.

@Steel Head Thank you for the information. Based on your input, I'll continue to pursue this, as soon as I can order an action and be able to pick it up.

After closer examination of the Ruger Precision I have, turns out they are AICS magpul magazines.

Thanks again!
JedB.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews