JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a barrel, bolt, and am now starting to look for the chassis, trigger and action.
Preference would be to have a detachable box magazine. Ideally would be AR-10 pattern, not Accuracy International (as that would be *another* magazine type).

Who would you recommend for the action? Tell me what I don't know about the various aftermarket folks.

Preferences for chassis?

What's wrong with AICS? You'll find lots of chassis options there........

There is nothing wrong with AICS. I currently have two .308 caliber magazine types. I have a Wyatt's DBM for my Rem-700, and the standard Mag-pul AR-10 magazines for my Ruger 6mm creedmore. I was hoping to have a Savage Action that accepted the Mag-Pul AR-10 magazines. Keeps it simple, and portable between items.

Do you have ideas on a chassis? Would like to hear your experience with it/them.

A bolt gun chassis that takes AR10 mags is gonna be rare.
Q makes rifles that run them but that's a complete system and not cheap

AICS mags are the standard for bolt gun mags.
Magpul makes AI type mags if you're ok with the limited COAL

I run a savage with a 260 barrel in an XLR element chassis.
It's been an excellent combination.
Been running it like this for quite a while.
5BE9ED8F-3DEE-4CCD-82E8-C0BBC8F91266.jpeg
Savage actions have their quirks but if you're looking for a cheap initial investment they're hard to beat.

@Steel Head Thank you for the information. Based on your input, I'll continue to pursue this, as soon as I can order an action and be able to pick it up.

After closer examination of the Ruger Precision I have, turns out they are AICS magpul magazines.

Thanks again!
JedB.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top