JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lots of AR talk here so looking to break it up a bit :)

Just picked up a Savage 10FCP-K .308. They are pretty sweet.. 24" fluted dura coated barrel with factory thread and break, Accutrigger and Accustock.. Detachable mag and not enough capacity.. Pretty plain out of the box.

Looking for a Harris S bipod 9-13" w/notch legs, better optics for long range targets and hi cap mags 10 rounds?

Anyway just changing up the threads to have other stuff besides AR. I love AR's just needed something else to read about on this particular forum :)

Late
IS 4643d1323918042-savage-10fcp-k-price-reduced-img_2804.jpg

they are the best bang for the buck amazingly accurate I can easily hold .5 moa with my hand loaded 168gr A-max with 42gr of RL15

My best friend loved shooting mine so much he had to get one also.

Nice! You really can't beat the factory threaded barell and the break looks and works great too!

I need to do some load development. The guy I bought the rifle from also used 168 amax. I didn't do so well with 155 noslers and 42gr varget.. Maybe not enough powder? They did well in my friends 20" ar10 so just tried to see what would happen.

Where did you get those mags? 9 or 10 shot? Have you looked around for other stocks or chassis?

I have the 110 FCP-K in 300 WM (now wearing an XLR Chassis) and a 10FCP-K in .223 with CDI Bottom Metal. I like everything about them except the stock. I'm still contemplating what to do with the stock of the 10FCP-K. XLR is coming out with a Carbon Fiber stock but I'm also considering other options.

I purchased the 10rnd mag from sharpshooters supply. they say 9rnd but I can fit 10 rnds. THat XLR chassis looks good now I'm going to have to get one. Bonus is I have AI in 308 with lots of mags

Very nice rifle. I love the Accu-Trigger on my .22 mag's, but for whatever reason, I don't like it on the heavy stuff. .308 is my rifle cartridge of choice(while the 6.5's are looking better every day...) for now and I would consider my next bolt gun to be a Savage to get more time with the trigger. My favorite .308 is my Remington 660. The 10 round mag on the Savage is awfully appealing. Nice gun! Nice thread! Keep posting photo's! Kip.

Look at CDI for bottom metal if ya wanna use AICS mags!! Savage is friggin great for ability to swap barrels with ease. If stock makers ever step up across the board life would be good!!

Visiting sharp shooters now and yes the xlr looks nice!

I have an old 110e that's a 30-06 and considering turning it into a 300 win mag..

Savage doesn't get the respect they deserve so yes - great thread!

Recently went to a long range comp with some SH people and used my. 223... really looking forward to shooting the next one with the. 308.

Have to order the Mag's unless someone here wants to part with 3 :)

I just did the barrel break-in yesterday on My new 10 FLCP-K .308 yesterday and love it! So far I found that 168 gr. SMK over 42 gr. of Varget .020 off the lands shot the best. I only have 40 rounds down the tube and looking forward to more trigger time!

1:12 does work, but heavier bullets work better with faster twists.

M40 uses 1:12

M24 uses 1:11.25

The evolution of precision rifles is trending to faster twists to stabilize heavier bullets, that's all.

Would like to try out a savage one of these days.

With a 1:10 try out a box of 175gr SMK FGMM or load some 175 gr SMK with 42 gr of 4064.

In regards to the cancellation.
Don't know specifically if Savage found this or not; however.
A good friend worked on the proprietary version(Whisper) long ago in a suppressed rifle. What he found was the same thing. The sonic crack can't be hidden with a suppressor, so he went for sub sonic loads. What he found was that the bullets SEEMED to be wobbling enough when loaded light. They tended to clip the baffles, which in turn ruined accuracy. Never had a catasrophic baffle strike, but damage.

The 10-twist savage:
Mine doesn't care for Black hill's box ammo past 500-ish yards. Using Sierra data with the 175 SMK & 43gr of Win 748 I can do MOA at 1K. Groups @ 1-200 yards stink, but going out things get buttery.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top