JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
after Mt St Helens eruption, the National Guard and Army removed the dead bodies of animals around the mountain to prevent them from rotting and harboring disease
among the inventory of bodies removed were several "large bipodal animal - species unknown"
there have been enough sightings in the Lewis River Valley to make one wonder
2 counties in Washington have legally banned hunting of Sasquatch, and it's banned in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest

most of this dates back decades because out of state Sasquatch hunting parties were making a nuisance of themselves in Washington

I know this thread is a "silly thread", but seriously (I know Stomper being serious? Riiiiiiiiiigggghhhht)

Assuming they're real, I wouldn't wantonly shoot one (or attempt to harm one) unless it was a matter of self-defense, just like I don't go around shooting at everything that moves (except Starlings, they SUCK!) unless it's for the meat, or (as before) self-defense, if needed.

Concerning critters, I ascribe to the "you shoot it, you eat it" ethos… unless it's to put a sick or mortally injured critter out of it's misery. (except Starlings, they SUCK!)

;)
"you shoot it, eat it".
I told the judge that on self defense case I had,
He said thats why I'm giving you 5 years intead of 2.

after Mt St Helens eruption, the National Guard and Army removed the dead bodies of animals around the mountain to prevent them from rotting and harboring disease
That sounds pretty odd unless it had to do with floaters rolling downstream

That sounds pretty odd unless it had to do with floaters rolling downstream
…was placed in charge of one pile of dead animals in particular. The pile was covered and no one was allowed to come near it. U.S. National Guard personnel were guarding this pile. On the day that they were going to move this group of bodies, [Bradshaw] was standing very close to the pile and was told to keep his mouth closed about what we was to witness.

When the tarps were removed, he was amazed to see that the bodies were those of sasquatch. Some badly burned, and some not. They were placed in a large net and lifted into the back of a truck, which was then tarped over.

…was placed in charge of one pile of dead animals in particular. The pile was covered and no one was allowed to come near it. U.S. National Guard personnel were guarding this pile. On the day that they were going to move this group of bodies, [Bradshaw] was standing very close to the pile and was told to keep his mouth closed about what we was to witness.

When the tarps were removed, he was amazed to see that the bodies were those of sasquatch. Some badly burned, and some not. They were placed in a large net and lifted into the back of a truck, which was then tarped over.
I take it you are cutting and pasting from some other source rather from your own experience?

As far as Bigfoot / Sasquatch and does he exist...?
I don think so.

With that said....
I also do not outright dismiss claims and experiences of others.

Unless :

They are of the "National Enquirer" type of claim or story.
The person telling the tale has a obvious agenda
Or repeatedly overlooks other explanations / causes for the events.
Andy

I take it you are cutting and pasting from some other source rather from your own experience?
of course, I wasn't up on Mt St Helens in 1980 clearing animal bodies

one believes or doesn't believe, but their are dozens of people I've met in the Lewis River Valley who swear they have had encounters

several cryptozoologist have received funding to continue research on this subject in Washington

on such lives in Gray's Harbor

You know whats odd... almost every continent have fossils and evidence and living nonhuman primates other than humans.. except North America, Australia and Antarctica. If one puts North and South America as a megacontinent, then the nonhuman primates exist(ed) south of the Equator.

Because Bigfoot is a national security issue. Right. :rolleyes: :s0140:

I was not there, but I heard the National Guard was used for many task after the eruption

I've read many accounts of National Guard helicopters hauling cargo nets of many objects out of the blast zone
I flew into the blast zone in a helicopter not too long after the eruption and never saw any bodies of anything. We covered a lot of area and I find it hard to believe any living being was just laying around rotting and not covered with meters of ash.

US Forest Service estimated about 7000 large animals were killed by the blast

recovery efforts and logging resumed outside the Red Zone in Oct 1980 (from Weyerhaeuser archives)

the ash didn't bother Weyerhaeuser crews that much

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR