JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm also a skeptic. Here is one thing though; how many "credible witnesses" can accurately judge scale and distance in the woods??? Same issue with the stories of giant birds in the skies with no frame of reference for scaling....
I did see one time lapse video of what happens to a deer carcass in a hot, humid swampy area.... body decayed pretty quickly, scavengers made off with most of the bones, and the bones went soft and decayed into the ground, as opposed to calcifying/fossilizing.... This was during a show on "Skunk Apes" in the Gulf States; No doubt a similar thing could be happening up in the NW....Knowing how many animals dies in the woods from old age, predation, and the like, hoe often do you guys just come across a deer carcass in the woods, or evidence of a dead animal (bones and the like)? Especially in the relatively wet woods of the Cascades, and the NW Pacific Rainforests? For that matter; for a long long time, Mountain Gorillas were thought to be mythical, until we were able to film them/have proof...because of their environment being not conductive to finding remains.
Really, unless one was to take the time to either bury the body, or dry out the body/carcass, the carcass does not last very long in the environment....a few bones, a tooth or two that can be easily considered a bear's, or a human's, or just nothing because of the bacteria, scavengers, and conditions...

There is a more credible theory that it is just another species of human..... or the left over population of neanderthals/cro-magnon/similar hominids... or very tall tribal shamans wearing bear skins.

I figure it's been too long without a pic. :)

big-foot-reigning-hide-and-seek-world-champion-2.jpg

I really like cryptozoology. I'm agnostic about Bigfoot. Think it's possible, find some stories interesting and believable, but never experienced one myself.
I think tree knocking and calling is ridiculous. Those that say they gift food especially dumb. Would you call a bear or cougar into your camp or home in you weren't a hunter? If not, why the hell would you try to attract a giant primate to you?
Anyway, Paterson-Gimlin film has actually not been debunked. It is still the gold standard of "evidence". There was no deathbed confession, other than Patterson appologizing he had a "fake Gimlin" in his early presentations at events.
I don't know what exactly they filmed out there, but it's pretty cool and has stood up for 50 years, despite all the urban ledgends about it.
We find new species all the time. Until a couple years ago, we never saw a Giant Squid or Colossal squid alive.
Not proven, but plausible imo.

Feeding them is NOT good. If you forget once, or go on vacation, or for that matter sell to someone that is clueless. It's been a serious problem. You think a bear can cause damage?! Even grizzlies are terrified of bf. Wonder why? Bf are the alpha, not the griz'! They have been seen fleeing at a dead run when they smell a bf, not to mention that most dogs know enough, somehow to be terrified. When they brought hounds in to track that guy in the sapphires a couple of years back, they would only go a little ways on his trail, then they laid down and refused to follow any further. Very interesting that most dogs inherently know that bf is nothing to mess with and will generally try to get their human to retreat, if not they will bolt... I've heard of them knocking their human down in their hast to flee!!

Bf is very smart and human like in many ways, especially in their temperament. That is they can be compassionate, actually rescuing people that are in trouble or lost, timid, aggressive, perhaps to "protect their young or females" and some are just plain mean. They know what guns are and don't react well to being shot at. And most guns are ineffective against them. A recent encounter ended with 25 rounds of .223, and 5 rounds from an SKS at fairly close range. They thought it fell dead over a little hill. When they went to investigate later they could see where it fell, but there was no sign of the creature or blood!

Two were killed in TX years ago, one with multiple shots from 3 high powered hunting rifles, the second with 3 shots in the chest at point blank range with a .44 mag. Anyway...

Feeding them is NOT good. If you forget once, or go on vacation, or for that matter sell to someone that is clueless. It's been a serious problem. You think a bear can cause damage?! Even grizzlies are terrified of bf. Wonder why? Bf are the alpha, not the griz'! They have been seen fleeing at a dead run when they smell a bf, not to mention that most dogs know enough, somehow to be terrified. When they brought hounds in to track that guy in the sapphires a couple of years back, they would only go a little ways on his trail, then they laid down and refused to follow any further. Very interesting that most dogs inherently know that bf is nothing to mess with and will generally try to get their human to retreat, if not they will bolt... I've heard of them knocking their human down in their hast to flee!!

Bf is very smart and human like in many ways, especially in their temperament. That is they can be compassionate, actually rescuing people that are in trouble or lost, timid, aggressive, perhaps to "protect their young or females" and some are just plain mean. They know what guns are and don't react well to being shot at. And most guns are ineffective against them. A recent encounter ended with 25 rounds of .223, and 5 rounds from an SKS at fairly close range. They thought it fell dead over a little hill. When they went to investigate later they could see where it fell, but there was no sign of the creature or blood!

Two were killed in TX years ago, one with multiple shots from 3 high powered hunting rifles, the second with 3 shots in the chest at point blank range with a .44 mag. Anyway...

Is there a specific place you are getting this information or are you just gleaning through many people's YT, comments, articles, and forums?

I'm also a skeptic. Here is one thing though; how many "credible witnesses" can accurately judge scale and distance in the woods??? Same issue with the stories of giant birds in the skies with no frame of reference for scaling....
I did see one time lapse video of what happens to a deer carcass in a hot, humid swampy area.... body decayed pretty quickly, scavengers made off with most of the bones, and the bones went soft and decayed into the ground, as opposed to calcifying/fossilizing.... This was during a show on "Skunk Apes" in the Gulf States; No doubt a similar thing could be happening up in the NW....Knowing how many animals dies in the woods from old age, predation, and the like, hoe often do you guys just come across a deer carcass in the woods, or evidence of a dead animal (bones and the like)? Especially in the relatively wet woods of the Cascades, and the NW Pacific Rainforests? For that matter; for a long long time, Mountain Gorillas were thought to be mythical, until we were able to film them/have proof...because of their environment being not conductive to finding remains.
Really, unless one was to take the time to either bury the body, or dry out the body/carcass, the carcass does not last very long in the environment....a few bones, a tooth or two that can be easily considered a bear's, or a human's, or just nothing because of the bacteria, scavengers, and conditions...

There is a more credible theory that it is just another species of human..... or the left over population of neanderthals/cro-magnon/similar hominids... or very tall tribal shamans wearing bear skins.

Some good points. I have seen deer and elk bones, frequently left by poachers, but never bear, lions etc. Bf is definitely a different "beast". They have been seen actually burying their dead on more than one occasion and a wildlife officer actually saw a group eat one that had been shot and killed, so...? They are definitely "human like" in many ways and they are very intelligent, speaking their own language, plus knocks, whistles, and various other sounds and imitations that can be hard to distinguish from the real thing. Since the dna says human female and unknown male, I lean toward nephilim, as mentioned in the Bible and detailed in the books of Enoch. Size, strength and terrifying appearance seem to match. In many ways the nephilim may have been smarter than we are. Their "fathers", the fallen angels taught them a lot of things that were unknown by man, like alchemy, medicinal plants, weapons/warfare, occult etc. This subject is very deep and certainly fascinating.

Is there a specific place you are getting this information or are you just gleaning through many people's YT, comments, articles, and forums?

All the above. There are a lot of "shows" like Sasquatch Chronicles that interview folks that have had encounters. Wes gets a lot of calls/emails, so he picks only the best most believable. He's developed a good sense for the ones that are credible and are not. Most that have had encounters are generally not anxious to remember/discuss, you can hear it in their voice. Wes and his brother had a very terrifying encounter in at night sw Washington state, where I used to pick mushrooms, in day time I might add. They were so terrified they couldn't drive away! BTW most of these folks that call in were not believers to begin with.

The fact that there are neanderthal DNA traces in modern human populations indicate that limited cross breeding between distinct human species is possible; does lend credence to the idea of half homo sapiens being out there. Also the indigenous tribal stories of "the wild people" and shamans.... Its not very difficult to believe that these larger than normal hominids do exist... possibly the same general species as the Philistines' giants...

I'll have to Check out the Life-size Noah's Ark
and look for the Bigfoot pair.

Very good point. The Bible says that there were giants/nephilim both before and after the flood. Go figure, I was always under the impression the the flood wiped everything/one that wasn't on board? But apparently that's not accurate. Giants are still around. There is a report out of Afghanistan of a 12' red haired giant that was killed, and of course shipped back to some military base where of course it "disappeared". This was reported by more than one witness, including the C-131 pilot. Each item is weighed as it's put on the plane. It took 2 pallets and weighed about 1200#! It was living in a cave, killed an entire platoon of soldiers when they stumbled onto it lair. So another platoon was sent to investigate. It came charging out with a long spear, skewered one soldier holding him in the air like he was a piece of chicken. In the meantime they are shooting with no particular effect, except to enrage it further, even with a .50 cal. Finally one soldier said shoot it's head, which is what finally brought it down. They said, perhaps like bf that it stunk to high heavens, was dressed in skins. Strangely most giants, real giants, not people with hormone problems are said to have red hair. Could that be why "average sized red heads" get so much flack? Just a thought.

The fact that there are neanderthal DNA traces in modern human populations indicate that limited cross breeding between distinct human species is possible; does lend credence to the idea of half homo sapiens being out there. Also the indigenous tribal stories of "the wild people" and shamans.... Its not very difficult to believe that these larger than normal hominids do exist... possibly the same general species as the Philistines' giants...

Giants definitely existed, and exist. There are so many remains of giants up to and over 36'!! They didn't cover all this stuff up until perhaps the mid 1900's. Tons of evidence regarding giants. The rock walls in Peru that fit perfectly, with no mortor!! Can't fit a hair into the joints!! Weighing 10 or more tons and have been brought from miles away across valleys. Astounding!! Watch videos by LA Marsulli. He's done a great deal of study on giants and these incredible structures.

I'm sure there is a connection there, the fact that so much is being hidden by our government. It's as if they think we are children unable to handle the truth, or perhaps it messes with their narrative about evolution, which at it's face is absurd. As if all creatures great and small would "evolve male and female" at the same time to be able tof procurate?!!

There is some link there no doubt. With our government running interference on any kind of real study of this issue of giants and bf. I'm guessing that it interferes with the evolutionary narrative, as if all these diverse species could evolve a male and female capable of procreation basically "at the same time"!! It's absurd, taking far more "faith than believing in an all knowing creator. Check out LA Marzulli on youtube. Lots of info on giants, nephilim, the Kandahar Giant etc.

I'll have to Check out the Life-size Noah's Ark
and look for the Bigfoot pair.

I was surprised to read in the Bible that "there were giants in the land both before and after the flood". What?! Noah wasn't a giant, because he was pure, not defiled with the blood of fallen angels, as the nephilim were. Yet his great grandson Nimrod/Gelgimesh was supposed to be a giant, depicted as holding a lion like you would a house cat? Obviously there is a great deal we don't know.

www.sasquatchchronicles.com
Never had an encounter
But this cat's podcast is pretty interesting, it is nothing like the hillbilly hoaxers

Indeed, Wes is one of my favorites for listening to encounters. Not only did he and his brother Woody have a very terrifying encounter near Vancouver, but he is very good at sifting through the real from the fake. He's got a way of putting people at ease. There are a number of credible posters on youtube. It doesn't take too long to sort them out. Usually you can tell by how outlandish the claim is. Bigfoot Outlaws are good too. Ton's of personal experience, they are more a "hands-on" group. They sound like hicks but are highly educated and one of them grew up on a farm that had a clan nearby.

I'm damn sure convinced that there are aliens (from outside our planet)
Consider this - the Roswell event occurred within a year of the A-bombs being dropped in Japan

If anything is going to get the attention of an alien life-force, it would be a nuclear signature
I agree. I can't however comment on if some of the stuff I encountered was alien life. I just don't know. I believe Bigfoot is bs but what keeps me open minded is not being a hypocrite and calling big footers liars.

Aliens, terrestrial, spiritual even...what I will tell you is I came across something that was as real as the air we breath.

I agree. I can't however comment on if some of the stuff I encountered was alien life. I just don't know. I believe Bigfoot is bs but what keeps me open minded is not being a hypocrite and calling big footers liars.

Aliens, terrestrial, spiritual even...what I will tell you is I came across something that was as real as the air we breath.

UFO's etc. are definitely real, but definitely strange. My take and the take of many that have spent years on the subject is that "they" are spiritual and that the spirits are demonic, primarily because of the effect on we humans. No one that is ubducted etc. have a happy experience. There is a movie that is fact based on the experiences of a psychologist in Nome Alaska, which is the most ufo active with the most fbi investigations of any place on earth. Unfortunately I can't remember the title, but long story "sort of short" is that she was "treating" a lot of folks that were seeing owls and they were being creeped out by them. She thought that her husband had been murdered. She got a call that one of her 'people' were having a breakdown. Well she got there just in time for him to say that ufo experiences were so horrific that he was going to kill himself and his family to "protect them" from the same thing, and indeed he did. So she decides to hypnotize another guy to see what it would reveal. It worked, in that he remembered and totally freaked out remembering. The police chief starts to suspect her as being the problem. So he posts a cop at her home and that night the cop sees a ufo hover right over her house, in the mean time her daughter (10ish) gets sucked right through the ceiling to this craft. Now the chief really goes bonkers and ignores the cop that was a witness and blames the woman for doing something to her daughter. Turns out through a recorder left on in her room that she's an obductee as well!! And so was her husband and that he had shot himself, was not murdered. As it ends all these folks were being obducted and abused by these things. She ended up basically loosing everything, even her teenage son blamed her for the disappearance of the daughter. It's really a terrifying and tragic story! She had a few others hypnotized and they all would just come unglued, literally. Contorting in ways that were impossible, as if they were demon possessed.

A side note, the pope wants to baptize these "demons", so they can be saved. The catholics have the largest binocular telescope on a peak in AZ, on some indian rez, which they tried to fight, but lost. The name of the telescope is "LUCIFER"!! Can you believe that?!!

If some of ya all would do a better job of shavin yer backs before wandering around in the woods with yer shirts off these Bigfoot sighting tales would finally go away. jus sayin is all:)

Candidly, I don't believe Sasquatch exists.
  • This is supposedly a species larger than most humans. And has a breeding population stable and large enough to continue to exist over the centuries, across a large portion of our region. But zero skeletal remains have ever been found and confirmed. I find that very hard to believe.
  • A lot of the purported evidence turned out to be the work of hoaxers. Not all of them, of course, but a number over the decades have been so exposed.
  • Some of the purported evidence turned out to be simply misidentification of other animals.
  • There are indeed myths and legends from the peoples who lived here before the westward expansion. While those legends are interesting from a historical and cultural standpoint, we have to be careful to not be too literal with them. Essentially every people group has a mythological belief system, many including fantastic creatures, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is rooted in a real phenomenon.
That said, the eldest brother in my family claims to have had a sighting. He's an avid outdoorsman who's hunted and fished all over the the Pacific Northwest and elsewhere, so he's hardly a newbie to the region and the fauna found therein. He's also a family man, a Warrant Officer in the Oregon National Guard, and most certainly not a conspiracy crank, drug addict, or hoaxer. Do I believe him? Well, I believe he saw something, otherwise he wouldn't have told me, but I remain skeptical about the existence of such a cryptid.

Personally, I've spent a lot of time outdoors, in Oregon, Washington, Northern California, British Columbia, and Idaho (in that order of time-wise) and never seen anything like a Sasquatch. I've seen all sorts of interesting creatures, weird stuff, unusual two-legged animals, and even things I can't readily explain, but not a Bigfoot. Having seen black bear on more occasions than I can recall, I can't help but wonder if some of the sightings people report aren't in fact nothing more than Ursus americanus.

Speaking of such, the DNA indicates that female dna is human, the male dna is "unknown". Nephelim (sic) is what comes to mind for me. Just saying.

Male human DNA is just that. And Nephilim, as referenced in Genesis 6 of the Judeo-Christian Bible, has pretty much nothing to do with genetics.

Giants are still around. There is a report out of Afghanistan of a 12' red haired giant that was killed, and of course shipped back to some military base where of course it "disappeared". This was reported by more than one witness, including the C-131 pilot. Each item is weighed as it's put on the plane. It took 2 pallets and weighed about 1200#! It was living in a cave, killed an entire platoon of soldiers when they stumbled onto it lair. So another platoon was sent to investigate. It came charging out with a long spear, skewered one soldier holding him in the air like he was a piece of chicken. In the meantime they are shooting with no particular effect, except to enrage it further, even with a .50 cal. Finally one soldier said shoot it's head, which is what finally brought it down. They said, perhaps like bf that it stunk to high heavens, was dressed in skins. Strangely most giants, real giants, not people with hormone problems are said to have red hair. Could that be why "average sized red heads" get so much flack? Just a thought.

Alrighty then.

Giants definitely existed, and exist. There are so many remains of giants up to and over 36'!!

And 36' tall humans are documented in what peer-reviewed studies?

UFO's etc. are definitely real, but definitely strange. My take and the take of many that have spent years on the subject is that "they" are spiritual and that the spirits are demonic, primarily because of the effect on we humans. No one that is ubducted (sic) etc. have a happy experience. There is a movie that is fact based on the experiences of a psychologist in Nome Alaska, which is the most ufo active with the most fbi (sic) investigations of any place on earth. Unfortunately I can't remember the title, but long story "sort of short" is that she was "treating" a lot of folks that were (sic) seeing owls and they were being creeped out by them. She thought that her husband had been murdered. She got a call that one of her 'people' were having a breakdown. Well she got there just in time for him to say that ufo experiences were so horrific that he was going to kill himself and his family to "protect them" from the same thing, and indeed he did. So she decides to hypnotize another guy to see what it would reveal. It worked, in that he remembered and totally freaked out remembering. The police chief starts to suspect her as being the problem. So he posts a cop at her home and that night the cop sees a ufo hover right over her house, in the mean time (sic) her daughter (10ish) gets sucked right through the ceiling to this craft. Now the chief really goes bonkers and ignores the cop that was a witness and blames the woman for doing something to her daughter. Turns out through a recorder left on in her room that she's an obductee (sic) as well!! And so was her husband and that he had shot himself, was not murdered. As it ends all these folks were being obducted (sic) and abused by these things. She ended up basically loosing (sic) everything, even her teenage son blamed her for the disappearance of the daughter. It's really a terrifying and tragic story! She had a few others hypnotized and they all would just come unglued, literally. Contorting in ways that were impossible, as if they were demon possessed.

What you described is the 2009 "mockumentary" film The Fourth Kind. It is 100% a work of fiction. It was widely panned by critics, with Roger Ebert giving it 1½ stars.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top