JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or just the want to get rid of stuff.
Personally I hate dealing with this stuff for $20-$50.
I would rather donate it or throw it out.
I had to sell a couple things over the last year on CL and damn if it didn't make me nervous and stressed for the month after. It was both for over $500 so it was worth the sale, but hate that feeling.

Its not so much the amount but the item - the previous post of selling a BB gun for $15 was ludicrous - talk about inviting trouble. But I sold a very nice LARGE freezer for $100 a couple years ago and all good responses and it sold quick.

I sold a wood stove on craigslist. Guy called me up and wanted to meet at 4:00 pm to get it. We agreed and I'm waiting on him to show up. About 3:30 I hear my dogs going nuts in the back yard and go to check on them. The guy is in my backyard loading up the wood stove on a hand truck!!!! I told him he had ten seconds to get off my property or be shot and left for dog meat. He's lucky my dogs were in the other half of the yard (fenced off in two sections) because I have a 140 pound Great Dane and a 65 pound solid rocket of fur for a german shorthair

A few months ago I was looking for fire wood.

I answered a CL ad from a girl moving back east, needed to sell her remaining 2 cords of firewood, and she lived only a mile from me.:)

There was a photo in the ad, and it looked fine from the photo.:)

I told her I couldn't pick it up for a little while, but would pay for it if she would hold it for me a week.:)

She agreed. I met with her, inspected the wood. She was a nice looker, friendly, but seemed a little "Tweeky" to me.
:eek::confused:

Some wood was in the back yard, some under the porch/deck.:)

It was a good price, almost 2 cords for less than the price of one.:D

So I paid her, and made arrangements to return.:)

Went back a week later, loaded up the wood in the back yard, and backed up to the porch to load the rest.:)

OOPS! It wasn't there.:(

Her husband was there doing some work on the house, she was gone. :(

I asked him about it, but he "knew nothing".:(

He called her. Surprise, she was next door........so she came over.:D

We briefly discussed the situation, and her response was "Well, you still got a good deal on the wood you got".:confused:o_O

I just laughed............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I loaded up my dog and drove off.:cool:

I always keep a shovel in my truck to pick up any
"fertilizer "my dog leaves. I am VERY conscientious about this!
:)
He's a big dog, and leaves a lot of fertilizer at once.:D:)

I forgot to pick it up this time..........................:eek::D

I still did get a good deal, it was just not the EXCELLENT deal I thought it was going to be:):(:):(

KARMA's gona' visit her again soon...........:);):D

I've completed 100's of successful CL buys, sales and trades - guitars, amps, kayaks, vehicles, motor boats, sporting stuff. I always carry a concealed weapon, clarify cash up front (no checks), and conduct transactions with sketchy-sounding people somewhere away from my home.

My only beef was on a few occasions when I showed up at the agreed time/place to buy something only to find out they sold it to someone else half an hour ago. Plenty of time to phone me and say "don't waste your gas." A-holes...

Funny anecdote (to me) was when a guy came to my house to buy a used pickup. We were squaring away the bill of sale/title/registration stuff at my kitchen table when he commented that he's not used to doing big cash deals with strangers. He pointed to his jacket pocket and said "Glock." I patted my right hip and said "Smith. Sign right here."

I've had many C/L sales & buying lots of things with no problems. A few were strange buyers but nothing too strange to mention.

I have sold a lot of stuff on armslist and this is where the freaks come out of the woodwork. I religiously carry and depending on the deal have physical back-up and never take my eyes off the buyer!!!

I responded to CL add for a 4 5/8" 41 mag blackhawk for a decent price. Drove 40 miles up to southeast Portland to the designated gas station to make purchase. A 14-15 year old kid rides up to my pick up and asks me if I was the guy wanting the Ruger. I said not anymore, but where did you come up with the revolver? He said it was his friends dads' revolver and he was selling it for him. (It could happen!) Drove away waiting for the police sting stop. Most likely stolen from his friends dad.

Not only strange the ad stayed up on CL long enough for you to respond but a bit odd encounter overall. Man I almost think I would have called the police on this one - maybe prevented something bad from happening.

I haven't had any " terrible" people from craigslist. The bad ones are like the one that made an appointment for 1pm today. It's 6:46 now-no show & no call. I have their number but will not call them. Instead of waiting, I rode in town instead of riding out through the country.

My experience as a seller may be affected by the fact that I live out in the country and sell stuff that doesn't interest druggies and such. So far all the customers have been honest and good to deal with. Some call and don't follow up, but I can't recall a no-show.

We have a small farm and most of the time the item for sale is too big to take to a meeting place. When the customers come here, they never get inside any building.

As a buyer, I haven't had any bad experiences. I've met people at their businesses, homes, and public places. I've never felt uncomfortable with a seller. I do carry when meeting unless I know and trust the person.

I do believe that is is a good idea to be prepared and careful.

I open carry when selling on c list, keeps everyone honest.;)
the only bad experience I've had was Vin did not Mach the one on the title..
needless to say the fellow drove off very quickly when he realized I was checking it lol. Title still in hand I turned it in, and reported it to the local pd.

I've only bought one item on Craigslist, a sports car, in another state. It turned out fairly well actually, aside from me having to work on the car for 3 hours before driving it home.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top