JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a curiosity among the members here. Have any of you had a Sasquatch/Bigfoot experience you'd care to share? My wife is a huge fan of Bigfoot stories and is really hopeful someday they'll be proven to be real. I on the other hand am a bit of a skeptic with such things, I tend to doubt their existence, though I have no problem accepting them being real, with the right evidence, and if they were proven to exist, I'd find it fascinating.

Several folks we know have had experiences or encounters with what they believe are Bigfoot. One is so disturbed by his encounter he rarely talks about it - he was truly terrified by it and prefers not to even think about it.

Growning up in the Pacific NW and spending time in the woods, camping, hiking, etc., I can say I never encountered anything that would even remotely be Sasquatch related. But I know many others have.

So, I'm curious if our NWFA members have any stories they'd like share here? I'll share them with Mrs. Etrain if they're good!

BTW, I just read in another thread that Bigfoot spotted @AndyinEverson in the woods once, but nobody believed him. So if you have Andy spotting stories, feel free to share those too ;):p

Bellingham / Whatcom county Washington has been made a big foot / Sasquatch sanctuary area... no harming or hunting of Big foot allowed.... Not kidding its the law.

We have lots of Big foot stories around these parts ...
It would be interesting for sure if he was proved to be real.
I do not think he exists ... but am not willing to discount every account of sightings or "interactions" out of hand.
Andy

Last Edited:
Squatch? I have heard a couple stories from first hand encounters. Worked with
a brother (IBEW) whose nickname is Squatch. He was in a TV program years ago
talking about his encounter with a Squatch. :oops:
My plan for Squatch Hunting. With a camera of course.......................
They say a bear can smell blood for miles? How far can a Squatch smell BACON frying?:eek::eek:
Way out in Squatch country, ie.... Mt. Adams, St Helens,.. Fry up a big old pan
of BACON. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
If you don't draw in any fellow carnivores (Bears, Coyotes, Cougars and Tweakers)
at least you will have BACON to eat.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Squatch? I have heard a couple stories from first hand encounters. Worked with
a brother (IBEW) whose nickname is Squatch. He was in a TV program years ago
talking about his encounter with a Squatch. :oops:
My plan for Squatch Hunting. With a camera of course.......................
They say a bear can smell blood for miles? How far can a Squatch smell BACON frying?:eek::eek:
Way out in Squatch country, ie.... Mt. Adams, St Helens,.. Fry up a big old pan
of BACON. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
If you don't draw in any fellow carnivores (Bears, Coyotes, Cougars and Tweakers)
at least you will have BACON to eat.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now that's my kind of Squatch hunt!

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is a federal law.
As far as I know there are only two counties in Washington state that have laws against the harming / hunting of Big foot.
(Big feet For multiple counts :D)
But then I am not a lawyer , nor inclined to hunt a Big foot either , as in hunt to kill an big foot...
Andy

Some of the biggest issues with looking into the possibility of Big Foot are:
The sheer amount of BS / false claims , hoaxes etc ...
Scientific data that has been "lost" , falsified , discounted , "proved" by those who have a vested interested in proving the data etc ...
Scientific data that is inconclusive.
The lack of a body / remains
The credibility / reliability of some of the folks who have reported seeing a Big Foot.
With human encroachment / development in wilderness areas ... Just where and how can a big foot live and survive?

I find it difficult to believe in such a creature ... But the world is a big place , I have not seen everything in it.
I guess I am open to the possibility of such a critter ... but I am not ready to "believe".
Andy

everyone knows just to set out some jack links jerky and bigfoot will come pokin around...:rolleyes:

i spend probably a month total out of the year in the woods hunting. all i know is that if one comes chargin my way with the opportunity to put my safety in jeopardy, im gonna try to put it down and put an end to this great mystery...federal law or not,we have the right to defend ourselves.

I am often amused by the stories. Don't believe myself they exist. At least not until someone can find some real proof. Body bones or such. I suspect a lot of the "sighting" are hoax \ attention seeking. No doubt a few actually saw something. As fast as the bears here can move I would suspect some who saw something, caught a glimpse of a bear.

I had some crazy stuff happen around me in the past but as far as do I believe? The problem with most if not all so far, who claim proof is their all a bunch of turkeys. They just want fame or money.

I might have had two encounters but they aren't proof of anything. I spend a lot of my free time in the middle of nowhere. The things I have seen/heard do make me an open minded person...not talking about Bigfoot.

The credibility / reliability of some of the folks who have reported seeing a Big Foot.
Are you suggesting some of those who have reported Bigfoot sightings/encounter might be possibly less than reliable, and maybe not had all their faculties about themselves when the alleged sighting/encounter took place?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top