JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

You do realize that story does not quote Obama at all. It does not even quote an official saying Obama supports it. It just cites a statement made regarding a proposal to reduce incentives for companies that ship jobs overseas. Yeah, that is horrible. Removing tax breaks and payouts to companies that avoid taxes by shipping jobs overseas.

Welcome to the reality of a moderate position. Being a lefty means you like all the people that tell you are smarter than everyone else and that rich people are the reason you are such a failure in life. Being a righty is liking the people that tell you that you are morally better than everyone else and that poor people are the reason you don't have more in life. Being a moderate means you don't like anyone.

:s0155: Now see there we agree on something although I prefer Matt Stones quote.

"I hate conservatives, but I really f***ing hate liberals."

Pretty sure he overstated it for comedic effect like you did.

A fair question -
I am not a Newt fan as when he made the contract with America I thought it was a failed attempt and had poor results - on top of that divorcing his wife while she was in the hospital to me showed lack of repsect to someone he had spent several years of his life with. To me he is morally deprived.
Romney is simply another Obama however in Republican clothing - he is anti 2nd amendament - I do not see a difference between Romney and Obama. The Obama health care paln is basically the same one written by Romeny for Mass. I support health care reform - not free but something needs to be done with the costs that are sky rocketing.
Santorum is a radical, threat mongering conservtive. I do not like him in the least.
Ron Paul not being a Republican is almost a lost cause when was the last time a non democrat or a non republican president won a election - surely not in my life time.

I know this is a gun website - but after Bush junior I still have not got the taste of the republicans out of my mouth yet. From my perspective Bush junior caused alot of the problems Obama is trying to take care of today. Guns and gun rights are extremely important to me but that is only one of my rights and I question if it is truely a right since it can be taken away in todays world. Bush took a lot of rights away that no one seems to care about -- like being held without being charged with a criime , illegal wiretapping and illegally taking us to war. It is going to have be one heck of Republican candidate before I will place faith in that party again.
Honestly i am not a big fan of Obama - but he is the devil I know.

You dont have to like my answer but from my perspective I answered your question as I see it honestly.

James Ruby

It's plain to see Obama has some paid trolls on this list and it is pretty easy to see who they are.
This country was built on the constitution and has done well for more years than most nations survive.
The truth is the Second Amendment is the amendment that protects the constitution and it should be the one we judge our political candidates by. A candidate that is not behind the constitution and the second amendment is not a help to this country and actually an enemy of our nation. But at the end of the day all GOP candidates are far better than the one that sits in the White House now. So at that we must suck it up and do what we must to protect our nation. When it comes to voting I will vote for the one running against Obama that has the best chance of winning whether I like him or not. There is no doubt where Obama is with the Constitution and we must be done with him even if we have to place our vote against him and vote for some we don't think is perfect. On to Victory!
Flash

So Romney who signed a permanent semi auto ban in Mass is better than obongo on guns? I musta missed something

Ever notice how, when the cameras are rolling, members of congress are raging at 'the other side'...and when they have stopped rolling these same people are laughing, slapping each other on the back and heading off for drinks in Georgetown with each other?

As long as we continue with the vitriol, Doc Long's "golden rule" will live on: "Them that has the gold makes the rules." (Clarence "Doc" Long was chairman of the House Appropriations Subcommittee in the 80's...the guy who gave the Afghani's their guns).

What do they know that we don't?

How absurd it is to pretend it is the fault of the person who hears the racial slur more so than it is the fault of the person who said it.

I know in recent years you have been fed the notion that the best defense of racism is to pretend it is the fault of anyone that notices it for pointing it out, but that tactic only works when people are willing to react without thinking.

The fact that you assumed it was a racial slur either depicts your ignorance or that you are all out of ammo and have only ad hominem attack left.. the last refuge of a lost argument

The fact that you assumed it was a racial slur either depicts your ignorance or that you are all out of ammo and have only ad hominem attack left.. the last refuge of a lost argument

It is well documented that it is indeed a racial slur. That has been covered in threads gone by. Would you like to put forth a reason to show such disrespect to the POTUS? Any reason why the use of the word is beneficial in any way to any position? To me it just makes you look like the kind of person that is disrespectful of his country and it's leaders so why should anyone listen to someone like that with or without the obvious racial overtones?

I am pointing out that some people want to pretend Obama started these expensive wars, that Obama caused the housing crisis, that Obama started the Wallstreet bailout, that Obama had the sharpest rise in unemployment under his watch. These things are ALL FALSE. Maybe you should open your eyes and realize the republicans do as much if not more damage to the economy (with there failed deregulation plans) as the dems do. You would never admit that though because you like blaming Obama instead of paying attention yourself.

Well if you look at the numbers, the "housing crisis" started under Clinton when he looked the other way while banks started giving loans to everyone and their dog. Bush inherited the relaxed policies from Clinton's administration.

what is this racist thing let me make myself clear as far as a color thing goes my Drill Sargent told me back in 76 were all green and i go by it . but as far as radical Muslims, homo sexuals, wife beaters ,child molesters , thieves and anything else thats against God im against as well you can call it racist i really dont give a damn

LMAO. In before the deleted thread. :)

I'm sitting here getting a kick out of posts which are pro-Paul by people who are anti religion and especially anti "evangelical", from prior posts. Palin bashers for that reason, too, LOL. :)

JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION, Ron Paul is a born again, evangelical, fundamentalist Baptist Christian.

Of course he supports your gun rights and your liberty. You just never noticed before that someone can deeply hold his own beliefs, and even speak them, but still think it's your right to think and be what you want.

Gunner, it's the fact that even though people disagree with Ron Paul on his religious views he believes in his soul that they have that right and believes it's morally evil to take it away. Most GOP candidates want to shove THEIR religion down the entire countries' throat to "save" them.

what is this racist thing let me make myself clear as far as a color thing goes my Drill Sargent told me back in 76 were all green and i go by it . but as far as radical Muslims, homo sexuals, wife beaters ,child molesters , thieves and anything else thats against God im against as well you can call it racist i really dont give a damn

To group homosexuals in with people who beat their spouses, molest children, and steal, is truly and morally wrong. IIf there is a god I hope he judges you for being an intolerant hateful jackass when you die.

wow this thread went from simple to nasty to downright hateful.but entertaining it's a good thing we'll all fight on the same side when things go to crap hopefully everyone is trained to kill as much trained to hate and accuse.
I know i am.lol

It is well documented that it is indeed a racial slur. That has been covered in threads gone by. Would you like to put forth a reason to show such disrespect to the POTUS? Any reason why the use of the word is beneficial in any way to any position? To me it just makes you look like the kind of person that is disrespectful of his country and it's leaders so why should anyone listen to someone like that with or without the obvious racial overtones?

I gave you just enough rope to hang yourself. I use it to refer to his well documented drug usage and "banging on the drum all day". Gee willickers, I have a bongo for Kali training so I guess I'm black too

He's not my president so why do I owe an illegal alien tool of the international banksters any honor?

hay norm0931 im sorry but he see,s all sin the same you ought to read the Bible. you dont have to like it its just the way it is all you have to do is change your ways and repent ask for forgiveness he will forgive you. thats why he died for you as well. im not hateful i just hate the sin ....as far as GOd judgeing me im not worried about it ive been forgiven for my sins.... i guess i hit a sore spot and for that im sorry.

im curious why everyone is so against santorum and who do you guys think is better besides ron paul since he has no chance of being elected

I see the establishment talking point has taken root nicely. "no chance of being elected" - right.... Go ahead and vote for the lesser of two evils again, just like always. I vote for Paul - if he's not on the ballot - I write him in. They offer you the false choice of "A" or "B" (both of which they own completely), and it never occurs to you that there might be a "C". It's such an easy trick I can't believe that it seems to work every time.

I see the establishment talking point has taken root nicely. "no chance of being elected" - right.... Go ahead and vote for the lesser of two evils again, just like always. I vote for Paul - if he's not on the ballot - I write him in. They offer you the false choice of "A" or "B" (both of which they own completely), and it never occurs to you that there might be a "C". It's such an easy trick I can't believe that it seems to work every time.

I view it as refusing to keep swallowing the same pill that's been making you ill. In this case, there's two pills.

Gunner, it's the fact that even though people disagree with Ron Paul on his religious views he believes in his soul that they have that right and believes it's morally evil to take it away. Most GOP candidates want to shove THEIR religion down the entire countries' throat to "save" them.

Haters said the same thing about the first Catholic president, and he was a Lib.....:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany