JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're comparing apples to oranges here. Meth and heroin are not legal. Weed and alcohol are, and the some of those taxes do go to the problems that deal with abuse of said drugs.

So using that argument against these anti gun radicals is not likely to get you very far.
I am comparing one illegal activity to another.

So I recon if you own a gun and don't pay the tax it will be tax evasion. Basically they are taxing self defense.

Without registration they could tax so I suspect ghost guns are Kalis future.

That's not the best argument, because taxes levied on weed and alcohol do in fact pay for rehabilitation and other related services.
A small percent or a tiny fraction of the entire cost.

BUT, it's OK to feel good and impose any tax......as long as it can be justified (even though it's just a tiny bit). Cough, cough.....

Aloha, Mark

So I recon if you own a gun and don't pay the tax it will be tax evasion. Basically they are taxing self defense.

Without registration they could tax so I suspect ghost guns are Kalis future.
No, they are taxing an enumerated Constitutional right. Their plan is illegal from the get go.
Their plan should be considered an impeachable offense.
That these bubblegumtards have zero clue of the Constitution they swore an oath to uphold should render all of their "laws" null and void.

A federal excise tax of 10–11 percent on the import and production of firearms and ammunition has been in place since 1919,
Not sure what your point is. Yes that is a tax on the purchase of a firearm, much like sales tax. However, what the idiots in San Jose are proposing is a tax on keeping and bearing firearms. That's a whole 'nother animal. That is the direct taxation the exercise of an enumerated right. That cannot stand.

Not sure what your point is. Yes that is a tax on the purchase of a firearm, much like sales tax. However, what the idiots in San Jose are proposing is a tax on keeping and bearing firearms. That's a whole 'nother animal. That is the direct taxation the exercise of an enumerated right. That cannot stand.
And in the case of the AR, which seems to be the main focus of their ire, it can be controlled by the buyer…as in lower receiver < gutless lower < complete lower < complete rifle/pistol.

I hate that such egregious amounts of money have been normalized when it comes to government spending. Nearly a million and a half dollars per day in damages caused by "gun violence". I think not. Just another ploy for a bloated and corrupt government to peel money from your hands.

... The utopist bolshevists don't like us, that's all there is to it . We are once against the handy scapegoats for a sick society.
That's pretty much the long and short of it. They hate guns. They hate gun owners. They've tried to outlaw both but keep getting shot down in court.

Clarence Thomas is on record as having said that he and his colleagues are sick and pretty dam tired of politicians passing laws that they KNOW are 2A violations and will end up being overturned. They probe for weaknesses, loopholes (in the Constitution?!), and back doors.
If you were the 2A, liberal politicians were your older brother, and you were in the back seat of the family wagon on a long road trip, they'd be waving their hands all around your face and yelling, "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU! I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!" until SCOTUS-Dad told them to KNOCK IT OFF!... don't make me pull this car over...

If anybody was going to float this kind of a scheme, it would have to be Bay Area or Seattle. San Jose wins. Seattle wishes they'd tried it first.

Well......"Un-Constitutional".

So, I guess some people have/will also recognize the....

"....shall not be infringed" part?

I'm more "Hopeful" vs. yesterday. BUT.....OK.....it's still California.

Aloha, Mark

My favorite part of the article:

No clear details have been revealed on the proposed mandate regarding the exact fee towards gun owners or the methods of enforcement

While discussing this on another forum a posted article had this:

they would authorize any law enforcement officers to confiscate the firearms of any gun owner they stumble upon.

'Stumble upon' ? Is that a new method of Law Enforcement? To 'stumble upon' something ?

Well, 'stumbled upon' sounds like a metaphor for LEOs being sent to say, any shooting ranges in the San Jose area and setting up a 'road block' to confront owners going in or out. Or maybe a 'plainclothes' officer to hang out in retailers to identify new owners. Just a couple possibilities.

And last but not least this part almost makes me puke:

Avlon described the policy proposal as the "first of its kind in the nation" as well as "a really interesting, innovative policy."

"So super interesting. Novel, first of its kind as you said," Jarrett, who is the daughter of long-time Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett, said.

'So super interesting. Novel' and 'innovative policy' ??? Are these people for real?
They talk like they discovered the Holy Grail or the Ark of the Covenant for cryin' out loud ! Its a forced tax and insurance policy ! What is 'Novel' and 'Innovative' about it ??

These people need to be slapped so many times they think they are surrounded !

"The National Foundation for Gun Rights on Wednesday sent a cease-and-desist letter to San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo and the city's ten city councilmembers formally threatening to sue them if they go through with enacting the legislation."

Sounds like these guys deserve support.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads