JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not righteousness, it's the effective silencing of those who oppose the fascist's who claim to be anti-fascist... If only one side has a voice then AmeriKa has already been lost...
I live in America, not AmeriKa. I have no wish to live in whatever the bubblegum your AmeriKa is.
And saying only one side has a voice is patently nonsense, because here we are. And Fox. And NewsMax and OAN, plus every other gun forum on the planet. And 'bout a million YouTube and Tiktok channels

Thanks for the fix. As for the other, it may come a time to circumvent those boar's tits.
This is probably the same line of thinking employed by the man in the video. Best of luck.

Last Edited:
It is a shame that conservatives are not safe to hold a peaceful protest without being physically attacked by liberal thugs. However, the reality of it is what it is. In Oregon/Portland, Antifa is not only given a free pass to destroy property, the are given a pass to attack the conservative public. Heck, they even have a free pass to attack the police without the fear of prosecution. Their actions have not only been allowed to continue for the last year, they are supported by our elected officials.
I have always avoided going anywhere I considered to be unsafe. No way would I attend a political demonstration in Portland. I fear how I might react if I was attacked. I don't want to have to shoot anyone and also don't want to get arrested. I am not an activist and will just stay home. I am close to retirement and already researching where we will be moving to and our tax dollars will move with us.

I live in America, not AmeriKa. I have no wish to live in whatever the bubblegum your AmeriKa is.
And saying only one side has a voice is patently nonsense, because here we are. And Fox. And NewsMax and OAN, plus every other gun forum on the planet. And 'bout a million YouTube and Tiktok channels

This is probably the same line of thinking employed by the man in the video. Best of luck.
But yet silenced in the streets, at the hands of violent fascists... Hmmmm.... And the mainstream media.... Hmmm, hmmmm...

And most certainly not in the political process in Oregon...

Does anyone know where the incident that involved the driver pulling a gun happened? One post indicates that it was "near the former Sears store." That may be Center Street and either Summer, Winter, or Capitol Street.

The reason I ask is that this would be quite a ways North of the Capitol building and State Street. The Salem Police report made it sound that the Antifa activity was confined to the Capitol, State Street, and the Capitol Mall. The Capitol Mall extends to Center Street, which is actually part of US Route 99E, a main highway.

Why was the Salem Police Department allowing protesters to disrupt (by attacking vehicles) traffic on a main thoroughfare?
I see many comments about how we should be avoiding these types of activities, but this one moved away from the expected area and apparently assaulted vehicles that were not using the expected protest area. In other words, staying several blocks away from a protest area is now an ineffective method of avoiding conflict.

Did this incident happen after the SPD closed State Street and moved the demonstraters to the Capitol Mall? Did the SPD make any attempt to create a line preventing access to Center Street, where traffic was being diverted from State Street? I suspect they did not, and the attacks on vehicles on Center Street were the direct result of their flawed response to the demonstration.

I caught a snippet of an interview of someone (I assume it was the Chief of Salem Police Dept.) who claimed that the Antifa protest "caught us by surprise" which is not credible, since Antifa was signaling it's intentions for at least a week in advance. :rolleyes:

I see many comments about how we should be avoiding these types of activities, but this one moved away from the expected area and apparently assaulted vehicles that were not using the expected protest area. In other words, staying several blocks away from a protest area is now an ineffective method of avoiding conflict.
Look at the video.

There are a lot of cars, and only one gets attacked. The one festooned with Antifa Bait. Not saying it's wrong, but I am saying it's unwise. It is a crying shame that those rioters did not get arrested, but that seems to be the world we live in for the moment.

Koin 6 just reported that the man who pulled the gun was not being charged as it was deemed to be self defense. He pulled the gun after being pepper sprayed.
Now, the PD did not charge him, lets wait and see if the prosecutor overrules them, he would in Portland.

Koin 6 just reported that the man who pulled the gun was not being charged as it was deemed to be self defense. He pulled the gun after being pepper sprayed.
Now, the PD did not charge him, lets wait and see if the prosecutor overrules them, he would in Portland.
I felt a disturbance, as if a couple dozen jackasses cried out "but my feels, and .... gun" and needed to be silenced.

According to Joe Biten Antifa is just an idea....not really a group.... they sure have a flag though. And they are flying it on American soil. Maybe that could be the new flag flown over the Salem capital! And over the Salem PD and Portland PD too .

The Antifa members are being paid to arrive. They are employed.

There are a couple ways to defeat them. They need to be made afraid. Think ISIS.

Or.... plan and publicize a small rally. Be well organized and ready. When they appear and start their games...surround them with overwhelming numbers... unarmed but flying American flags....catch it all on camera.

Some one with a lot of available cash is call this mess. Politicians and police departments are clearly enabling this.

Oregon State Police said in a statement.

"After being assaulted with pepper spray, the person pulled a handgun from his waistband to defend himself,"
"He did not point the weapon at anyone and dropped it when ordered to do so by Law Enforcement. This person has a valid concealed handgun license. This person was detained, interviewed and then released."

I've looked through 9 pages. Unless I missed it I haven't seen any links to the media or any talk about consequences of people attacking occupied vehicles and how deadly that act alone is. I've been on those streets. It is now well recorded how local agencies did zero to stop these attacks or to protect and serve the community they are paid to.

The narrative quickly change to focus on a senior citizen who also was assaulted on public property, in front of the state capital no less, and he turns into the aggressor. Well played media.

It works. This is the "both sides" Trump talked on and the media lied about. Although in Salem it was one-sided.

We have seen in 2020 nearly 30 mostly people of color and children be needlessly murdered for the cause. This includes the woman who dared say, all lives matter and a real peaceful protester shot on camera in PDX. Going by media coverage it never happened or wasn't important.

The message for freedom loving every day people is you are on your own. Even in front of police. Even in front of the state capital. In your own homes, as there were several examples of swarms of people surrounding or attempting to, Ala Seattle police chief's among others.

2022 cannot come soon enough but the lead up has already started. This firearms site and many threads like this one has been interesting in its outlooks. I am not sure we are looking at the same events sometimes. But to each their own.

I've looked through 9 pages. Unless I missed it I haven't seen any links to the media or any talk about consequences of people attacking occupied vehicles and how deadly that act alone is. I've been on those streets. It is now well recorded how local agencies did zero to stop these attacks or to protect and serve the community they are paid to.

You didn't miss it, because it won't happen. These "peaceful" protestors have grown up living without consequences, and will continue to act as such, especially with the state of things now.

-Robert

Look at the video.

There are a lot of cars, and only one gets attacked. The one festooned with Antifa Bait. Not saying it's wrong, but I am saying it's unwise. It is a crying shame that those rioters did not get arrested, but that seems to be the world we live in for the moment.
Sit in the back of the bus and be quiet?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top