JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sit in the back of the bus and be quiet?

Depends on the bus
db59b95f3e06b77bd9a9f4e77fa5b2281b47600d.jpg

I don't go looking for trouble though.

Sit in the back of the bus and be quiet?
The answer now is "build your own bus company, it's a free country". Also my understanding of the Rosa Parks incident was that she was already sitting in the back, although It's been a loooong time since 5th grade.

EDIT: Two grey cells still working I guess

"Nonetheless, at one point on the route, a white man had no seat because all the seats in the designated "white" section were taken. So the driver told the riders in the four seats of the first row of the "colored" section to stand, in effect adding another row to the "white" section. The three others obeyed. Parks did not."

:rolleyes: Gee Grampa, "What's this "full bus" thing of which you speak? I've never seen a bus filled with white folks"....
....did buses actually have lots of white passengers a long, long time ago in the olden days? :rolleyes:

Huh...Who knew! :s0092:

Koin 6 just reported that the man who pulled the gun was not being charged as it was deemed to be self defense. He pulled the gun after being pepper sprayed.
Now, the PD did not charge him, lets wait and see if the prosecutor overrules them, he would in Portland.

That's the correct result. He shouldn't have gotten out of his car but he was assaulted by being sprayed when he got out.

So I noted the WW coverage was better than KATU's because it clearly suggested that the "antifa" protesters tended to be the aggressors in this circumstance and generally in the wrong. I bet that's surprising to some.

That's the correct result. He shouldn't have gotten out of his car but he was assaulted by being sprayed when he got out.
I don't think that's the way to characterize this. He did nothing wrong as far as I could see. I would rather say he was perhaps unwise to get out, perhaps not. The vehicle may not have been safe to drive and police don't stay in the car for a good reason, is my understanding. Something about staying in the coffin?

The people menacing, obstructing traffic, and assaulting should have been locked up before things ever got to this point. The fault lies with the justice system .

EDIT: and the defectives that were protesting, but I shouldn't have to say that.

Good news; hopefully it stays that way! If so, a small silver lining in an otherwise not-so-great situation!

Just wait until someone starts dropping those azzhats, then you're going to see the gun owner go to jail and prosecutors making a martyr out of him. Like Mike Strickland, only he didn't pull his trigger but you see what happened to him.

Just wait until someone starts dropping those azzhats, then you're going to see the gun owner go to jail and prosecutors making a martyr out of him.
Yea this kind of follows a thought I had and that being how his NOT being charged as pulling his gun was 'deemed to be self defense'.

How can just pulling your gun be 'deemed self defense' ? - you didn't actually use it.

This being the case then what would it be called if you took it a step further and actually fired the gun?

My point being is if 'self defense' can be applied to a non-physical 'display' of a weapon what will it be called when physical application of the weapon is carried out against the threat?

I mean how often do we read/hear 'do not pull your gun unless you plan to use it'?

Last Edited:
Hopefully enough people will have learned the hard way how poor of a choice Mike Schitt was.

Than again, I don't feel bad for anyone that voted for him. They deserve how calling 911 does nothing.

He didn't practice good muzzle discipline. It's not a game, do it right or not at all.

This old fella did a good job as far as I could tell.

I do not think that Mike Strickland thought his actions that day was "A Game".
How about trying that situation yourself?

I feel that the old fella failed because he had to chamber a round... he's lucky the dirtbags gave him time to do so, most criminal situations don't.

I don't think that's the way to characterize this. He did nothing wrong as far as I could see. I would rather say he was perhaps unwise to get out, perhaps not. The vehicle may not have been safe to drive and police don't stay in the car for a good reason, is my understanding. Something about staying in the coffin?

The people menacing, obstructing traffic, and assaulting should have been locked up before things ever got to this point. The fault lies with the justice system .

EDIT: and the defectives that were protesting, but I shouldn't have to say that.
I think you were agreeing with me, or I was agreeing with you. Truck guy shouldn't have been charged.

Doesn't mean one can't change one's mind. That's how it was explained to me.
I know easily three people in LA who were robbed at gun point, gave up their money and shot anyway. One died. Of course being LA the victims were unarmed.

You never know what a bad person will do. They don't occupy the same mental space. So, if your survival senses are alarming, listen to them. That old gun drawing guy didn't get old, just because.

One guy was a letter carrier for the post office. I knew him from my Air National Guard unit. Back in the days of paper paychecks, probably on a Friday, he went to the supermarket after work. Paid for the groceries by check and went home.

When he got to his house with both arms full, a guy approached him and demanded money. My friend said he did have any. The bad guy says, I followed you from the store. I know you have money. My friend didn't and while holding two bags of groceries in front of his house he was shot once in each leg. Good to be alive but sucks when you are a mail man.

Doesn't mean one can't change one's mind. That's how it was explained to me.
I was told this as well, at one time during a 'formal' training environment.

I only brought up the 'do not pull your gun etc' statement as to support my question of how simply pulling a gun can be deemed 'self defense' in and of itself, even if the gun is NOT used but this would no doubt be a better question for the Salem PD.

I was told this as well, at one time during a 'formal' training environment.

I only brought up the 'do not pull your gun etc' statement as to support my question of how simply pulling a gun can be deemed 'self defense' in and of itself, even if the gun is NOT used but this would no doubt be a better question for the Salem PD.
Maybe the brandishing laws have something to say, not sure, I'd have to check.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top